• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* / OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine / *

We were the better team and there only clear cut chance was the Ba goal. Sloopy penalty to give away but you have to take the positives out of it. Saudi Sportswashing Machine away with pretty much full strength team and us missing a target man and our most creative player is a tough game.

It's no good blaming anyone else, we have been a long way from good enough today.

I haven't seen it but, from the reports I've read, it sounds as though we've been the better team and created more chances.

To be honest, that's better than I was expecting in what is, on paper, one of the hardest games of the season - especially given the players we were missing (both those already in the squad and those yet to be bought).

I haven't seen it but, from the reports I've read, it sounds as though we've been the better team and created more chances.

To be honest, that's better than I was expecting in what is, on paper, one of the hardest games of the season - especially given the players we were missing (both those already in the squad and those yet to be bought).

To be fair, the game sounded abysmal first half... a defeat was harsh... no one deserved to win. I think a 1-1 would've been fair, but it's Spurs, so of course it's not fair!

King. I understand that for a variety of reasons you don't particularly care for my opinions, or even me. But please appreciate this fact; I don't agree with you. That doesn't make me wrong. It makes me ME and you YOU. So please, nicely...let it go and vent on someone else because I'm getting tired of it. Thanks...

We were the better team and there only clear cut chance was the Ba goal. Sloopy penalty to give away but you have to take the positives out of it. Saudi Sportswashing Machine away with pretty much full strength team and us missing a target man and our most creative player is a tough game.

Ha! You got in there just before me but pretty much exactly the same post.

While the first half pressing was good, it is what we do when we get the ball that is the worry. When VDV came on we created a few more chances, but only because he dropped deep and spotted a few passes going forward. By then, with VDV picking the ball up off the CB's I wasn't sure what formation we were playing.

I just don't see us converting into a tippy tappy pass the ball in triangles all the way into their area and then pass the ball into the net team. And I'm really hoping that is not what AVB is aiming for.

A striker who scored a clever goal out of nothing, and a tricky player who drew a penalty. We had one, not the other, not much in it, but we have to bounce back.

We looked better than I thought we would.

Not sure i'd even call it a 'clear cut' chance..

I don't understand the point in playing a possession style of football if the defence/keeper are determined to pass to the opposition defence.

AVB has his work cut out with Gallas, Walker and Friedel I think.

Anyone who wants to moan about today's performance needs to look at the bigger picture.

We were away from home, against a team that has only lost once at home in 2012. And yet we dominated them and fully deserved AT LEAST a point. We did all of this, fully aware that we are by no means the finished article. We lack a playmaker and a striker capable of playing the lone role.

I think we'll get a better picture of how our season will pan out against WBA next weekend when (hopefully) we'll have a few more players.

Yes and I'll do it again and again. He for smacked across the face by someone earlier but nothing done. What's your point? If you want to be seen as a fairer, greater, more magnanimous and better supporter than I, have at it mate. It's all yours. I think Martin Atkinson is a kunt, I knew he would have a decisive role today, I knew he would shaft us somehow, he should've sen Simpson off and he couldn't wait to give the penalty. I PERSONALLY think he's a kunt!

fudge me man yes i could see the delight all across his face. The way he jumped with his fist in the air screaming "GET IN" after giving a CORRECT DECSION really makes me sick to my stomach.

Excuse me whilst i go back through this thread and see the number of complaints about Defoe being offside for the equaliser.

Ben Arfa created the chance for a pen, the challenge from VDV was not clever but swap Ben Arfa for Bale and with Atkinson reffing he would've ended up with a yellow card for diving IMHO...

Thought we were pretty solid in all honesty. Controlled the vast majority of the game and were beaten by a good goal from Ba and a penalty. Aside from that they didn't really create anything.

We created a few more chances than them especially first half. Im optimistic despite the result however i hope this highlights the need to get in someone a bit more creative in the centre of the park and we need a different option up front although i thought Defoe did fairly well for the most part.

dI'm reasonably satisfied with the performance. We were good- good enough for a point, maybe good enough for three if luck was on our side. AVB's High Line of Doom turned out to be a Moderately Deep Line of Defensible Proportions, we pressed well for the first sixty-odd minutes and looked in control for most of it. Two individual errors let us down, and two pieces of individual brilliance from Saudi Sportswashing Machine helped them win. That's pretty much it. Cruise onwards.

Back