• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs LAZIO**********

I wouldn't worry about Bale wanting to leave tbh - i have it on very good authority that he is more than happy to stay at Spurs for the foreseeable future CL or not. he has ambitions to play abroad but not until he has 'done his time' so to speak and apparently he sees no reason to quit Spurs for another English side as he is settled in London and is very much at home at WHL

of course, if we were to have a dramatic down turn in fortunes and find ourselves languishing around mid table then things might change but it is not something i am concerned with in the slightest at the moment

There is an argument that it should indeed be, a league that belongs to the champions. I'm on the fence with it really. brick OMT by the way. Just dreadful.

I think Todd Akin would classify this OMT as a legitimate rape. Oddly enough, it didn't abort itself like it's supposed to under these circumstances.

6. The OMT's opening post shalt inform the members of Glory-Glory of all things important: Who, when, where.

I also think it's funny that anyone would call this a mickey mouse cup considering the thrashing that the champions of that cup delivered to the other supposed champions. There's a lot to prove and I think we have the players that can challenge.

coys

Having a trophy that Europe's best teams can't compete in seems pretty pointless to me. Even the League Cup is probably worth more considering the top 4 English teams compete in it.

This kids 13 just agree with him ;)

This kids 13 just agree with him ;)

Not true, but I admit I'm young and I haven't been brought up in the generation of standing in terraces, winning cups is better than doing well in the league bla bla bla.

If we win the Europa League but finish 6th I don't think we'll be an attractive club, but if we finish in the top 4 then players will want to come to us.

I think Todd Akin would classify this OMT as a legitimate rape. Oddly enough, it didn't abort itself like it's supposed to under these circumstances.

I also think it's funny that anyone would call this a mickey mouse cup considering the thrashing that the champions of that cup delivered to the other supposed champions. There's a lot to prove and I think we have the players that can challenge.

coys

Calling Chelsea champions, while technically correct, is very misleading, though.

Calling Chelsea champions, while technically correct, is very misleading, though.

I couldn't agree more, but it is what it is.... either way, I wasn't expecting Chelsea to completely capitulate like they did. I'm just trying to make the point that we're still going to be up against some very tough teams, like Lazio.

I can see why AVB would want to take the Europa League seriously, as no manager wants to come to a club and get knocked out all of the cups whilst he may not do that great in the league, but it isn't what I'd do. I wouldn't play our best players.

I would want us to rotate a bit and give some squad players and come youngsters some playing time, but I still want us to take this seriously. I don't want to see us put out a team of 11 players thrown together like last season. 4-5 first team regulars can play and in the next EL game a different bunch of first team regulars have a go, that should give us some consistency and hopefully we'll be able to function as a team.

I think our "squad players" are quite a bit stronger this season compared to last and that will certainly help as well.

Not expecting much rotation in this one as we're still trying to gel. Lloris, Ade, Dempsey to start, maybe Caulker. A win here could be extremely important as it's a home game, the first game and against our presumably strongest opponent in the group.

Am very much looking forward to this tomorrow, im hoping its a decent crowd, no reason why it shouldnt be its a free ST game, they will have a noisy lairy few too

Looking forward to this too. My first game of the season, feels like ages since I been at the lane. Nothing beats WHL under the lights.

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas says he was offered the chance to sign Lazio striker Miroslav Klose by various agents but insists there was never any serious discussion over a deal.

Veteran Germany international Klose claimed earlier this month that Spurs tried to sign him in the summer transfer window but he turned them down in favour of staying at Lazio.

However, while an admirer of the 34-year-old, Villas-Boas says he is happy with his current attacking options of Emmanuel Adebayor, Jermain Defoe and Clint Dempsey.

He told La Gazzetta dello Sport: "The player had been offered to us by the usual round of agents, but there was never any real negotiation.

"Klose is an important player, but I have very good strikers. With Defoe, Adebayor and Dempsey I can feel comfortable."

Klose is likely to line up against Spurs when they take on Lazio in the UEFA Europa League on Thursday night at White Hart Lane.

Villas-Boas is predicting a tough encounter and is expecting the likes of Cristian Daniel Ledesma and Hernanes to cause problems for his side.

"With Lazio it will be a difficult match," he added.

"The Italian league is one of the toughest in the world and those at the top of it need to be addressed with the utmost concentration.

Favourite

"They have important players such as Ledesma, who is one of my favourite players.

"Then there's Hernanes. I expected him to find a top club (in the summer) and instead Lazio have done well to keep him."

Villas-Boas admits he is not familiar with Lazio coach Vladimir Petkovic but admires the work he has done at the club, adding: "To be honest, I didn't know him. (But) congratulations, he is marching very well."

The Spurs boss insists his side are taking the Europa League seriously and believes they can lift the trophy this season.

He added: "Tottenham will face the Europa League with the spirit to get away and maybe to win it.

"The Europa League is not a minor cup, it is the entrance to the Champions League and it deserves the utmost respect."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8091457/Tottenham-manager-Andre-Villas-Boas-claims-he-was-offered-the-chance-to-sign-Lazio-striker-Miroslav-Klose

Really interesting how he plans to use Dempsey. I think he sees us as fairly fluid and looks at who can contribute to goals this season. We lost a lot when VdV was sold but hopefully Dempsey, Sig, Bale, Defoe and Ade, and perhaps Lennon and Dembele can step up.

LENNON ON LAZIO

A0545_zps38143174.jpg

Aaron Lennon perfectly summed-up the feeling in the squad ahead of Thursday night’s fascinating Europa League opener against SS Lazio.

“It’s a big game against a massive club,” said ‘Azza’, now one of our longest-serving players, as we prepare to take the first step on our latest European adventure against the Italian giants at White Hart Lane.

Lazio have a 100-per-cent winning start in Serie A and travel to Tottenham with three wins out of three under their belts, the latest at Chievo on Sunday.

With an attack spearheaded by legendary German striker Miroslav Klose and Brazilian international Hernanes catching the eye in midfield, it’s an eagerly-awaited Matchday One of six in Group J at the Lane. We also face Panathinaikos of Greece and Maribor of Slovenia.

“It will be a hard game but we’re looking forward to it," said Aaron.

"I think the Europa League has improved as a competition over the last few years and playing in these big games improves you as a player.”

The fixture immediately evokes memories of the only player to feature regularly for both sides – the one and only Paul Gascoigne.

“Gazza was an unbelievable player, one of the greatest players ever to play for Spurs and of course England,” added Aaron. “I remember him playing for England, every time he pulled on that shirt he shone. He had amazing quality, such confidence on the ball and he was a matchwinner, as well as being a great personality.”

I can see why AVB would want to take the Europa League seriously, as no manager wants to come to a club and get knocked out all of the cups whilst he may not do that great in the league, but it isn't what I'd do. I wouldn't play our best players.

AVB will take any game seriously, because he wants his team to play in a certain way and to keep the pressure up. AVB won't make excuses, bitch about having few and unexperienced/poor players at his disposal, but rather make every member of the squad feel important. You can't be having your manager allow the momentum to drop because it's supposedly a B-tournament. You don't get a winning mentality by deeming some games not so important to win.

AVB will take any game seriously, because he wants his team to play in a certain way and to keep the pressure up. AVB won't make excuses, bitch about having few and unexperienced/poor players at his disposal, but rather make every member of the squad feel important. You can't be having your manager allow the momentum to drop because it's supposedly a B-tournament. You don't get a winning mentality by deeming some games not so important to win.

=D>

Back