• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton****

Good for 30 mins, then sloppy in the last 15. This ref is itching for a 2 yellow sending off here. Kane needs to be careful and Bissouma should be subbed.

Better but we regressed. Ref hasn't helped.

I'd like Perisic for Sess who really frustrates me as a player. Can see Skipp for Bissouma although it's clear he need minutes and the quality is there I don't trust this ref and the crowd reacting to an ex player on a yellow.

Son has won or blocked the ball more times in that half than the whole season!

Good for 30 mins, then sloppy in the last 15. This ref is itching for a 2 yellow sending off here. Kane needs to be careful and Bissouma should be subbed.
Either Bissouma for being on a yellow, or Hojbjerg for taking a knock. That said, Hojbjerg hasn't exactly done much. Bring on the Skipp!

No i didn't. I just told you might see someone out of position from time to time, it doesn't mean that he plays there. Bentancur up front example helps that. Sess is a right wing BACK. What you were talking about was the position of a left FORWARD, which he is not. The game just caught him there.

Erm, to quote you:
"That's 5-3-2 for me. We need to be realitic about those BACK wingers."
So yeah, you definitely did say we're playing a back five.

Not sure Sess's heatmap would show on him on the right.

In possession and in attack the WB's have been very high up, especially Sess, with PEH being a pivot to move the ball fwd or wide. Less so Doherty, who has been attacking with deeper runs, but still from high.
So that's a 3-5-2.....with Wing Backs in a wing like position, ie in line with the midfield, not the defense (that would be a 5-3-2).

As far as them being in the forward position - that would be 3-3-4....old school!

Started well. Looked like we could retain possession, and looked the part with 3 in the middle. Created a lot of openings to score too. Then we became more passive and Brighton improved trying to fight back.

What was noticeable was how at times, our players seem intimidated. We need more cool to hold possession, play the right pass, and not crap it. It happens when attacking, it happened when Dier headed the ball when he could take it down. When we look lost playing out from the back. There is a lack of courage and belief that we can work the ball away from home. Yet we did that so well in the first 15-20.

We need to use the wings more when we break. Too easy to defend against Son and Kane both in central positions. They can both wonder out to the wing and stretch the un or less manned defence.

That was better than the vast majority of our first halves this season

First 30 mins was. Most impressive we’ve looked this season. We were hanging on at the end. Bissouma getting booked was silly. Severely limits him. Same as happened against West Ham.

Lots of good performances and no real poor ones. Son looks a player again, Hojbjerg did well for much of the half and Sess doing well.

Bissouma maybe, Kane definitely not. Kane hardly makes dangerous challenges so it's not a real fear that he will get sent off.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
I would agree but you just never know and we are running Kane into the ground.

Either Bissouma for being on a yellow, or Hojbjerg for taking a knock. That said, Hojbjerg hasn't exactly done much. Bring on the Skipp!
PEH has been good. He's played between the line nicely to give an option for the defence and the attack - he's basically the out ball when needed as kept things moving.
Unspectacular and effective

Suprised people want to take off Sess, thought he did okay. Defensively he's used his pace well.

I just think the whole side became intimidated. Let the atmosphere affect them. With no one in the middle able to control the game and bring back confidence.

We need to use the wings more when we break. Too easy to defend against Son and Kane both in central positions. They can both wonder out to the wing and stretch the un or less manned defence.

I think our WBs have done well today. Final ball could have been better but we look more balanced with Doherty in the team

Back