• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton, Sun 5th Oct 2014 ***

In fairness to Eriksen he got the move going for the goal at the scum, scored today. Our midfield needs to settle, no one looks settled in the middle. I dont know if its the formation but Capoue and Mason not doing enough for me.

Fair comment this

I was going to pose this question at HT - what type of team are we supposed to be? Just pure counter attacking? as that is simply what we are...

Well its more effective than passing the ball around in front of teams. So yes it is a good thing. I'd just like to see us pass the ball better as well.

Its all well and good being fluid with the front 4 swapping places, but if players don't know where each other is then maybe we need less swapping around.

Ade has woken up the past 15 or so. Maybe his mates read GG and have told him of the displeasure of his early performance today.

In fairness to Eriksen he got the move going for the goal at the scum, scored today. Our midfield needs to settle, no one looks settled in the middle. I dont know if its the formation but Capoue and Mason not doing enough for me.

Well, we've changed the CM around a lot in our first 7 games. Mason is the only CM at the club who moves the ball quickly so I'd be tempted to give him an extdnded run in the team to see if he takes to PL life

Eriksen's goal was nice, but Chadli and rose were standouts for me. Lamella is putting a lot in the game, getting better every game.

How are we we looking outnumbered in mice fill is baffling. Soton seem to press us so much more efficiently.

No, no, we can't counter attack teams. Every team except Real Madrid will come to WHL and park the bus, remember? Zzzz....

We should look to hit teams hard on the break, after winning the ball in midfield, we're good at it. We are not that great at possession football unless the opposition is proper sh1t, coz we don't create enough that way.

I am liking Poch more after the goon game and that half. Workmanlike, with a dash of quality for the goal and Chadli chance.

Well, that's a bit better.

Lamela, Chadli & Eriksen have all had decent shots. Not the striker fellow, whose name would should not mention lest his acolytes descend upon us.

PS - Eriksen, my favourite Spurs player

Good half. Some scary moments, but overall quite encouraged by the speed of our pressing around the center circle and the fluency of our breakways (haven't seen the wrong option being picked much this half, in contrast to some of the other games where the players seemed to be on different wavelengths at times). Hope we keep it up for the second 45. Mason's inside balls (from usually wide right/left just ahead of the penalty box into the center circle) are worthy of mention: he was under pressure for most of the half, but still managed to produce some fine passes to start our breakaways. Overall, a very good game so far, and again, a good half from the lads.

Eriksen's goal was nice, but Chadli and rose were standouts for me. Lamella is putting a lot in the game, getting better every game.

How are we we looking outnumbered in mice fill is baffling. Soton seem to press us so much more efficiently.

They have three in their central mice field we have two. Were doing well to get the possession we have.

Not too bad and Ade did put in more in the last ten minutes or so. Chadli anonymous, then helps set up the goal and hits the up right himself. Seems he's going to be that type of player, not one who shows throughout a game.

Can't believe more wasn't made of the Bertrand challenge.

Should Chadli gone down after the slight pull on the shoulder by Alderweireld. You know if he had it would be a yellow for him, but up the other end we'd see one of ours walk.

Should Chadli gone down after the slight pull on the shoulder by Alderweireld. You know if he had it would be a yellow for him, but up the other end we'd see one of ours walk.

On Naughton? I was just about to ask again, was there even a free kick? Let alone a yellow or a red.

Should have been atleast a yellow but seen reds given

Not too bad and Ade did put in more in the last ten minutes or so. Chadli anonymous, then helps set up the goal and hits the up right himself. Seems he's going to be that type of player, not one who shows throughout a game.

Verts header off the line, lamelas strike both near goals, Chadli was in in the penalty box ready to pick up the pieces.

Assist for eriksen with 4 defenders around him, solo run through the middle with ade in support, striking the upright.

I think he's done well so far, not only is he quite skillful , he has made his own luck. He is the type of player who makes a lot of runs off the ball, so you need to evaluate him on those efforts as well.

Back