• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Totteham vs Swansea - Season Recovery Edition

Why do we always 'sit back' at 2-0 we do that a lot. Fine the opposition will have more of a goal but it looks like all our intensity goes out the window

I agree. People state that the technique we lost was Modric and VDV, so surely two players do make the difference?

I think people saying this are missing the point that we are set up to close teams down quickly. If AVB wants us to continue to play like that and wants to add a ball player to central midfield, we will need to change formation.

Swansea playing a high line! would be good to get Defoe on in the 2nd and scare them with the ball in behind.

whats with this useless fudging punt in the air brick. crap. fudging get a grip. all these uselss hoofs just add to the growing sense of fudging panic.

Our left side is underperforming badly at the moment. We'll concede eventually if we don't change something

Our defence seems to be falling back and collapsing on itself tool fast, giving a lot of space for Swansea to operate and inviting them to follow up

The synchronisation just looks so brick. Our passes are like my stream, several seconds behind where it needs to be.

Our defence seems to be falling back and collapsing on itself tool fast, giving a lot of space for Swansea to operate and inviting them to follow up
Naughton can't do that job by himself. BAE would have been a better choice IMHO. He would have the smarts for the professional foul/delays here and there to just disrupt their flow

Spurs looked a bit shaky towards the end of the first half but two glorious goals from Bale & Vertonghen, who also assisted each other, puts us well into the driving seat.

I'd be terribly vexed if we buggered this one up.

In summary - until the second goal we were brilliant.

After second goal - a bit brick.

Why do it. Just go for the third. We give the opposition the impetus by sitting back and yes we do sit back.

Decent first half. Two goals up with a clean sheet, couldn't have expected much more in my mind.

Need to get our composure together though, our passing isn't quite as it should be and nerves seem to be causing us to make mistakes.

i don't like to be overly negative, but you will never see a more brainless footballer than kyle walker.. other than that, good work lads. carry on lightening the mood around here in accordance with my holy omt

Two different halfs of the half. Completely dominated them. But they came back well to show they are a good team.

We need to show maturity, stay strong and get the next goal ourselves.

You see I think we'll sell to buy. Many of these players are from the previous management and a fair few have struggled to integrate into AVB's tactics and lack the all round attributes required. I look at Huddlestone, Parker, Benny, Defoe, Naughton, Gallas, Dempsey, Livermore and Friedel these in my view are all players who could be moved on in the summer, perhaps not all but some will.

I'm not sure why Defoe would scare them if we already have Bale on the pitch.

But bale is playing off of Ade about 7-8 yards in front of their back line. That one pass that Ade got through on and Fluffed shows they are set up for the through ball in behind. They play like us and thats their weakness too. Or get lennon coming inside looking for the through ball like his goal v the scum. Anything to get them pushed back and scared of the ball in behind.

Back