• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

// OMT - Spurs vs Everton \\

Right, fudge it. Let's just go with strawberry jelly and ice cream midfield with two up top and make it a lottery game again. I'm sure our midfield won't roll over for a tenacious 5 man midfield like Everton's, we'll blitz them with Defoe because it worked against Stevenage, barely. COYS.

Wing back, but as a part of the back 4?

Not really relevant to how much Walker pushes on when we attack. Yes, VdV will have to track him when they put us under pressure, but I think VdV will be able to do that.

You jest of course, you simply cannot rely on VDV to track players, especially when we all know he would stray away from the right flank and will not offer any protection to Walker

Defoe and Ade to start, but Ade to drop deep and be involved with a large part of our link up play.
Worked well v West Brom away.

Friedel

Walker Kaboul King Assou Ekotto

Parker Modric

VDV Adebayor Bale

Defoe

Don't want Modric playing out of position again. Defoe is in really good form so I think it would be stupid to not start him.

Looking forward to this, we haven't had the best times in recent years at Goodison Park, hoping for a 4-4-2 and a win!

You jest of course, you simply cannot rely on VDV to track players, especially when we all know he would stray away from the right flank and will not offer any protection to Walker

I don't jest at all.

In the last months VdV has shown a lot of commitment defensively and unlike last season (when he didn't have a real pre-season) he seems capable of playing 90 minutes these days and not completely run out of steam.

He will stray away from the right flank when we attack, he's supposed to. Then when they attack on the break we'll be disorganized, we're supposed to. That's why we have Parker holding. And of course we have decent centre halves that will hopefully deal with it. Then we get back and get organized and VdV tracks back into the right midfield slot like he's supposed to until we win the ball back. Then, run around again.

4-4-2 but our strikers sucked all season while our midfield bossed everything. We tried all combinations of Keane, Defoe, Crouch, Pav and Gudjohnsen with no success. Defoe had a hot spell in November and Pav in March/April, but otherwise all were pretty terrible and the failure to capitalise on our dominance cost us a lot of points.

So, in essence, we got top 4 with a lesser team playing 442

I'd be happy going 442 if we had Keane and Berba up top for us, because not only did they offer goals, but they also contributed massively to our all round game. Something Defoe has never done, and something he will never do. You can play with as many goal poachers as you want, you still need the ball to score, and you still need to be compact enough for any goals you do get to actually matter.

Back