• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

// OMT - Spurs vs Everton \\

its a good lineup for sure. what did we play away mostly 2 years ago to gain 4th? can't recall at the moment

4-4-2 but our strikers sucked all season while our midfield bossed everything. We tried all combinations of Keane, Defoe, Crouch, Pav and Gudjohnsen with no success. Defoe had a hot spell in November and Pav in March/April, but otherwise all were pretty terrible and the failure to capitalise on our dominance cost us a lot of points.

Everton v Tottenham Hotspur (5.30pm)

Referee: M Halsey
Assistants: D Bond, R Ganfield
Fourth Official: M Jones

Can't ask for any more that that.
Mark Halsey must be our lucky referee. We do well with him,including the Carling Cup final v Chelsea.
Was a decent ref too *,not sure now since his illness.

* I hope i haven't jinxed it now

Last edited:
Picks itself if Lennon's out:

------------- Friedel -------------
Walker - Kaboul - King - BAE
----Modric - Sandro - Parker
---vdV ---------------- Bale
------- ---Adebayor -------

Find it really difficult to not agree with this line up. But Defoe really does deserve to start.

Im torn.

----------------Friedel------------------
Walker------Kaboul------King-------Ekotto
-----Modric-----Sandro-------Parker-----
---Adebayor--------------------Bale----
------------------Defoe-----------------

What line up have Everton been playing this season?

I still think of them as 5 in midfield with Pienaar and Arteta but obviously those 2 won't be playing

I know they've been playing that big lump up front Straquilarseface or something

If they have 5 in midfield Harry might match them up and see how it goes

What line up have Everton been playing this season?

I still think of them as 5 in midfield with Pienaar and Arteta but obviously those 2 won't be playing

I know they've been playing that big lump up front Straquilarseface or something

If they have 5 in midfield Harry might match them up and see how it goes

--------------------Howard-----------------------
Hibbert--------Heitinga--------Distin--------Baines
Drenthe----Cahill------Neville----Fellaini-----Osman
-------------------Stracqualursi------------------

??

or maybe he'll use his old Neville at LB and Coleman in front of him to take out Bale again.

--------------------Howard-----------------------
Hibbert--------Heitinga--------Distin--------Baines
Drenthe----Cahill------Neville----Fellaini-----Osman
-------------------Stracqualursi------------------

??

or maybe he'll use his old Neville at LB and Coleman in front of him to take out Bale again.
What a hideously ugly team. In terms of style and appearance.

Find it really difficult to not agree with this line up. But Defoe really does deserve to start.

Im torn.

----------------Friedel------------------
Walker------Kaboul------King-------Ekotto
-----Modric-----Sandro-------Parker-----
---Adebayor--------------------Bale----
------------------Defoe-----------------

Defoe as a target man and Ade as a floating winger?

You know Defoe will be anonymous if he starts. We've had nearly 10 years to learn that.

I think Defoe deserves a start based on current form. I reckon he'll go with 4-4-2 and VDV on the right, I'm guessing Lennon won't play.

it's a difficult game. we need to stop the rot. gotta defend set pieces a lot better than we have been recently.

one way or another we need to get 4 points out of this and stoke

it's a difficult game. we need to stop the rot. gotta defend set pieces a lot better than we have been recently.

one way or another we need to get 4 points out of this and stoke

Six should be the goal here. 59 points going into the last nine games gives us a magnificent shot at third. Slip up and get a draw at either Everton or Stoke, though, and the chances are Arsenal will be only two behind and breathing down our necks, making the game against Chelsea doubly tense.

Last two games. Started with 442, lost by a combined score of 8-3. Yeah it's going fudging great.

Eventhough that is true (as much as many choose to ignore it) - Defoe simply deserves to start as he looks most likely to score. So considering Ade is undroppable in the PL - I'd play the 2 upfront, shift VdV out right and give Lennon a rest

Lennon's done his hamstring so a rest is the only option!

Aaron Lennon ‏ @AaronLennonpsl Reply Retweet Favorite ?À Open
gutted hammys gone again did all the strength work as well but no luck this yr, hope daws isn't too bad either on a positive buzzing we won!

I think some valid questions need to be asked as far as our medical staff is concerned because quite frankly this is borderline preposterous.

Here's a crazy suggestion - if a player hasn't fully recovered - do not play him. Or are we attempting to develop chronic hamstring issues in most of our senior squad players.

Statto should do a study of PL teams and average number of hamstring injuries per season. I'm certain we'd be tops by a good margin

Last edited:
Assuming Lennon is out I want us to go 4-4-2 with VdV on the right:

----------Fridel----------
Walker-Kaboul-King-Ekotto
VdV--Parker--Modric--Bale
-------Defoe-Ade--------

VdV has been a lot better defensively in the last 3-4 months and even if it will leave us a bit exposed on the wings I want us to go out and really attack Everton. It's worked alright in the past against Arsenal and Everton are nowhere near Arsenal in quality imo.

Defoe has deserved another start for sure, but he plays the best alongside another striker, not on his own.

Encouraging signs from Bale against Stevenage I though where he was playing more like a left winger again.

Assuming Lennon is out I want us to go 4-4-2 with VdV on the right:

VdV--Parker--Modric--Bale
-------Defoe-Ade--------

I'll see your line-up, and raise you an Ade on the RW instead... hear me out, it's wild 'n' wacky, but might just work!

Ade--Parker--Modric--Bale
-------Defoe-Saha--------

Defoe's recent form would normally guarantee a start in the next game, so he's in... and in this game in particular, I think we can play our Saha 'curse of the ex' card... so he could start too... that leaves Ade & vdv... Ade CONTINUALLY drifts out wide in games, (whether he's meant to or not) and to sometimes quite good effect... he's gangly, but he CAN put in a cross, and (unlike VdV out there) could stick to the task asked of him (ignore my previous comment about drifting out wide!)

VdV might not be suited in the type of bulkier midfield I expect Harry to go for... Sandro AND Parker perhaps? If not, Modric + one of them... don't think there'll be room for 2 creative midfielders in this one unfortunately!
Think we have to learn our lessons from the NLDisaster and nullify THEM first, before inflicting any damage that Defoe/Saha/Ade could cause...

jus' puttin' it out there... seeing as it was my 'new' 200th post and all... on March 8th 2012BCC (Before the Christmas Crash!)

Last edited:
Back