• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Sheffield***

Until the club starts taking FA and League cup competitions seriously the fans should see them as training matches with little expectation. Sure we may win the odd game but we certainly are not winning it. Are we good enough to win the League or CL? Currently no so we are winning fudge all for the next few years.

Poch, Jose and Conte all treated them like that, until they got to a semi at least, its nothing new.

Until the club starts taking FA and League cup competitions seriously the fans should see them as training matches with little expectation. Sure we may win the odd game but we certainly are not winning it. Are we good enough to win the League or CL? Currently no so we are winning fudge all for the next few years.
I don't agree with the rhetoric that the clubs purposely going out there way to prioritise the trophies that way, there might be a preference but just because we went out tonight I can't be having this rubbish that it's because the clubs prioritised it that way. It's lazy IMO

The manager and his decisions tonight have a much bigger say in us going out, as does the so called bigger players in the side doing absolutely sod all to get us through.

Not sure it's within the clubs agenda of the week to make a 50m summer striker play like a Ryman level player or for Son to have a touch of a sledge hammer? Maybe the priority of the CL meant that we put PEH back in lead boots and lead brain which meant he was turgid.

The players effort level and too many 3/10s from experienced players lost that tonight, not this faux rumour that Levy is telling managers to lose cup games

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Poch, Jose and Conte all treated them like that, until they got to a semi at least, its nothing new.
I think that shows there is a directive coming from the top…, Though actually we know that José didn’t as he wanted to rest players for the PL game to give us the best chance of winning the league cup but got sacked by Levy for it.

When you play defenders like Sanchez you get what you deserve
I knew before the game started that if we lose, someone would blame Sanchez, no matter what.
Meanwhile, Dier turning his back and big ass to the ball to block, time and time again, including the goal, is the problem. Not Sanchez.

Exactly this, anytime we go into a cup game and make such number of changes it generally backfires, saw it in the cow farmers cup under Jose.

As risky as it is, we can't weaken our backbone by omitting Romero, again a lesson we seem not to learn. He doesn't play you risk these mistakes and chances of hit and run results, it's happened so many times for it not to be the case.

It wasn't just leaving out Romero, Royal and Kulu were also left out so that whole side was new and never played together. At the very least if not playing Romero (agree he should've been playing) play Royal to give us some more defensive cover to make up for Sanchez. We all know the amount of mistakes Sanchez makes and Porro has looked dodgy so far. Not fair throwing him in beside Sanchez and an erratic Moura who is only returning from injury, recipe for disaster.

And also don't forget Bentancur.
So our best midfielder , best and only goalscoring forward , best and only really good ball playing defender , best wing back ( in current form) and don't forget best keeper as well because if rather have an out of form Loris between the sticks than "TIMBER" playing .

point, but his omission was forced

I don't think there is much between Forster and Lloris right now, both bad at different things, Forster can get beaten like tonight from time to time, but Hugo can give a goal away without the opposition noticing

I knew before the game started that if we lose, someone would blame Sanchez, no matter what.
Meanwhile, Dier turning his back and big ass to the ball to block, time and time again, including the goal, is the problem. Not Sanchez.
Sanchez falling over, giving away stupid fouls and giving the ball away at least 15 times didn't help did it

I don't agree with the rhetoric that the clubs purposely going out there way to prioritise the trophies that way, there might be a preference but just because we went out tonight I can't be having this rubbish that it's because the clubs prioritised it that way. It's lazy IMO

The manager and his decisions tonight have a much bigger say in us going out, as does the so called bigger players in the side doing absolutely sod all to get us through.

whilst I think, and hope, there was half an eye on Saturday, I agree

Conte thought he'd get the win tonight, he didn't throw it intentionally

but as Bedford says, its the same every year. Players which play one every so often with others who play now and again with players in unfamiliar roles isnt going to perform on a regular predictable basis. It may work against league 1 and where the gulf is far greater but championship sides will just rough you up.

As alluded to in a previous post.

Any of you, like me, on the wrong side of 60, I doubt will see us win another trophy. Pretty sure some of you youngsters (if you stick with it) will see us lift silverware again, but sadly not us old fogies, and it hurts.

Have said this before had we beat Liverpool in 2019, I would have taken that, and could have lived with that being the last thing I ever saw us win, I dont really want 2008 to be my last great Spurs Cup-winning memory, but worringly I am beginning to think it is going to be :(:(:(

it’s not the quality it’s the quantity of changes no players that came in tonight are poor
But none of them play in this team with the other players every week

but to counter that and look like a hypocrite… they made more changes than us
1st point : Sanchez ? Forster? Perisic at lwb ?
Moura ?

2nd point : I'm afraid you've just contradicted yourself then.

Back