• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Sheffield***

I agree it was too many changes. We needed not only to offer Sheffield the respect they deserve by playing them with the best team we had avaliable on the day given there was a quarter final at stake, but needed to keep momentum going to help us with our other objectives as well.

Agreed, You know the fight your gonna get, away, midweek in the FA Cup....if you don't you aint been paying attention in the past.

I'm not happy we lost, never am, but its the financial reality, if we want to compete we need to be in the CL, the FA Cup does nothing to get us there, 3 points on Saturday and its a good week

I'm not really one for your view of "financial reality" taking precedence over daring to dream / do. The game is not about spreadsheets, it's about glory and the supposed miracle of reaching the CL just for the sake of doing the same thing next season but with a healthier looking spreadsheet is total purgatory flimflam. It's an endeavor of passion, not a fudging accountancy course.

Even just calling it a "little game" because it's the FA cup - Embarrassing stuff.

Forster is brick as ive said all along.
On a free , low wages , hone grown, Levy's eyes lit up. I'm sick of this cheapskating.
This has happened for decades and will continue to happen. Our squad depth and quality is laughable. It's pathetic.
City change the whole team and ease through these sort of games.
City didn’t make as many changes as us against a weaker side than Sheffield
City made ( form what I can see

Half the team wasn't weakened though, Kane, Kulu & Romero only nailed on starters missing - rotation to some degree is to be expected in cup games
There was 8 changes from the team that has played the last two games. That's too many changes. Yes, make some, but not that many.
The changes made didn't even make sense. PEH has been run into the ground, he's not rested, same for Dier.
Davies, Lenglet and Romero have been rotated or missing throughout the season play them and rest Dier.
Skipp and Sarr haven't played much, play them and rest PEH. They've played together and played well.

Why?
It’s a cup game
Away
Against a team in great form
I agree on paper
But the game isn’t played on paper
There in lies the rub.
ANY of the top six could have used a few squad players and got through this tie.
Our squad is pathetic , through a combination of tinkle poor recruitment and lack of investment.
Chelsea rested HAZARD , yes Hazard at his peak in that fa cup semi final a few years ago.
We are never going to be able to compete on multiple fronts unless we massively improve the squad.

Back