• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Mighty Spurs vs Sheffield***

but as Bedford says, its the same every year. Players which play one every so often with others who play now and again with players in unfamiliar roles isnt going to perform on a regular predictable basis. It may work against league 1 and where the gulf is far greater but championship sides will just rough you up.
I think arrogance comes into it from.manager to players

Richarlison tonight looked like he was going through motions thinking a chance would come after every ridiculous decision he made. Didn't look bothered coming off. Summed it up

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

I'm fuming and we all should be. Putting out a team with no cohesive attacking intent, is shameful.
It shows a complete ignorance of Spurs' history in the FA Cup, a complete disregard for the fans, and yet again we have lost a Cup game to an inferior team. When will this club learn that you can't make wholesale changes to the first team and beat a club in the Championship?
For me it is a new low in a club which cares a great deal about off-the-pitch activities, but seems indifferent to the chance of winning anything.

whilst I think, and hope, there was half an eye on Saturday, I agree

Conte thought he'd get the win tonight, he didn't throw it intentionally
Nobody is throwing anything intentionally but the PL games have definitely been prioritised over this FA Cup one.

I’d love to see our bonus structure at the club, my guess is that there is barely a bonus for winning the FA or Leage Cup but sizeablenones for finishing 4th or better.

If I were Kane I would be at Levy’s door first thing tomorrow letting him know that there isn’t a £ amount in the world that would make me sign a new contract.

In a week when we release a go kart deal, we leave out best player out of our most important game of the season (imo).

We are a football club. But it isn’t a priority.

Last edited:
When the players see half the team weakened for the game they immediately know that the powers that be don’t care about winning a trophy.

The players themselves should care. But instead they give another half-baked performance. It’s the same pattern over and over when we don’t play our strongest team. It’s going on for years now.

point, but his omission was forced

I don't think there is much between Forster and Lloris right now, both bad at different things, Forster can get beaten like tonight from time to time, but Hugo can give a goal away without the opposition noticing
Agreed on the keepers but Forster isn't the answer.
We need a new keeper and I think we need a new back up keeper if our other keepers can't step up.

Nobody is throwing anything intentionally but the PL games have definitely been prioritised over this FA Cup one.

I’d love to see our bonus structure at the club, my guess is that there is barely a bonus for winning the FA or Leage Cup but sizeablenones for finishing 4th or better.

I hope so, on both points.

We were far too casuel in the first half. With hindsight we should have played our best players at the start.The same story!
Another FA cup exit we may have avoided!
The only other thing I can say, how I think we lost ...and I have pointed it out more than once before and that is our defenders puting their hands behind their backs when defending. You simply cannot move properly with your hands behind your back! It suposed to stop as we all know hand ball and penalties being given. We have given away more goals than we have lost from handball owing to our defenders having their hands behind the back ...when you need to move and balance the body to defend.
Dier had his hands in front of him!!!
shef utd played well but were fudging dirty at times..I say it again... If you dont play your best players in these matches
invariably you will lose..we did!! and Shef Utd were no mugs...
another disappointing day for us.........

I'm fuming and we all should be. Putting out a team with no cohesive attacking intent, is shameful.
It shows a complete ignorance of Spurs' history in the FA Cup, a complete disregard for the fans, and yet again we have lost a Cup game to an inferior team. When will this club learn that you can't make wholesale changes to the first team and beat a club in the Championship?
For me it is a new low in a club which cares a great deal about off-the-pitch activities, but seems indifferent to the chance of winning anything.
Oh come on , don't be ungrateful, we've got the go karting to look forward to.

Agreed on the keepers but Forster isn't the answer.
We need a new keeper and I think we need a new back up keeper if our other keepers can't step up.

I agree, I think we desperately need to replace Hugo, but then I look around the PL, and he's still one of the best there is.

Keeping is a dying art.

I think arrogance comes into it from.manager to players

Richarlison tonight looked like he was going through motions thinking a chance would come after every ridiculous decision he made. Didn't look bothered coming off. Summed it up

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

That shot that nearly hit the corner flag summed him up for me. Cant believe it was the same bloke who scored arguably the Best goal at the World Cup

Blimey I thought Moura was one who seemed to give a brick. He is normally our man for the cups. There were far worse performers on the night than him.
No
He is a huge part of the issue
The system ak designed around patterns
Moura doesn’t play that way … never has and never will
So having him on means the automations can’t work
Add in a new guy behind him and it was daft on every level
Yes he runs with the ball .. but he is toilet in this team

The players themselves should care. But instead they give another half-baked performance. It’s the same pattern over and over when we don’t play our strongest team. It’s going on for years now.
The players all see that there is no intent or pressure to win from the top of the club when they see 8 changes being made from the PL game.

Back