• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - 22.12.13 - 13:30 -Tottenham VS Southampton @ St, Mary's

Has everyone forgot Siggy played in the centre of midfield last time out.
Sherwood sees Dembele as a deeper lying midfielder I cant see him fielder Sandro or Capoue beside him.
Hopefully its the like of Siggy Holtby and Eriksen in central midfield from now on.

Sherwood sees Dembele as a deeper lying midfielder I cant see him fielder Sandro or Capoue beside him.
Hopefully its the like of Siggy Holtby and Eriksen in central midfield from now on.

We were limited with Sandro out and Paulinho suspended though. And Capoue in defence

Agreed. I don't think this is a good game to play 4-4-2.

On the other hand Ade on the pitch would be good, I expect Southampton to put a lot of pressure on us and force us into playing it long. As we've seen this season and yesterday our midfield isn't capable of playing through pressure like that at this point. Having someone to aim long balls towards could be very helpful. Playing him on the left seems like a decent idea.

Assuming that the injured players remain injured:

-----------------Lloris--------------
Walker---Dawson---Chiriches---Rose
---------------Capoue--------------
-----------Eriksen--Dembele--------
Lennon-------------------------Ade
--------------Soldado--------------

Arguably Holtby for Eriksen makes sense. I won't mind Chadli for Ade either.

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet

I think Ade + Lamela can be our best option (at least for away games) for the rest of the season. Townsend is injured, so it is Siggy or Chadli.

Yes, but not yet. With Defoe hopefully going we could have this for away games with Soldado and Kane on the bench for options.

We need experienced players for this fixture. I would start with

Lloris

you know the back 4

Dembele Capoue

Lennon Holtby Chadli

Ade

Defoe Soldado and Kane/Coulthirst on bench.

16 points from 8 away games would suggest it's not a terrible idea.

15 league goals all season might say otherwise. Interesting how we lost control against West Ham when we stopped causing offensive problems when we went to one up front

The problem with playing Dembele so deep is that when he goes on a run beating 2 players he is still a long way from the penalty area

Yes, but not yet. With Defoe hopefully going we could have this for away games with Soldado and Kane on the bench for options.

We need experienced players for this fixture. I would start with

Lloris

you know the back 4

Dembele Capoue

Lennon Holtby Chadli

Ade

Defoe Soldado and Kane/Coulthirst on bench.

What are those three going to do really? It just looks so weak to me.

Also on a slightly unrelated note, I never knew that whilst at Roma Osvlado was signed 50 large for punching Lamela. Let's hope Erik gets his own back tomorrow.

Actually as much as I was advocating Rossi's team posted in the other thread with Ade and Soldado up top I'm thinking our away form is actually pretty good. And it has been for quite a while, I don't see a reason to change it from the off. 4-2-3-1, if we chasing then go with Ade and Soldado.

-------------------Lloris--------------------
Walker---Dawson-----Chiriches---Rose
-----------Capoue-----Dembele-----------
----Lennon------Eriksen-------Siggy------
------------------Soldado------------------

Home games we go:

------------------Lloris---------------------
Walker----Dawson----Chiriches---Rose
------------Sandro----Dembele-----------
-----Lamela--------------------Eriksen---
---------Adebayor-----Soldado-----------

City even with their superior version of the side above, have a poor away record so far which suggests to me we are doing so etching right away from home

I tend to agree that we need a different approach, team and shape for home games and away games. As SteveAWOL said above, a Harry/AVB hybrid would be ideal.

I like the above teams but would replace Dembele for a fit Paulie/ Holtby/Townsend/Sigg for home games. One holding DM should be enough against the lesser teams and the rest should press high up the field.

Last edited:
I tend to agree that we need a different approach, team and shape for home games and away games. As SteveAWOL said above, a Harry/AVB hybrid would be ideal.

I like the above teams but would replace Dembele for a fit Paulie/ Holtby/Townsend/Sigg for home games. One holding DM should be enough against the lesser teams and the rest should press high up the field.

I still think Dembele is one of our best players

A good player, but not effective enough for me. After beating a man, doesn't find a killer pass or shot.

think it depends on what you see his role as in the side. If your formation requires a more "effective" progressive player maybe you'd look at a Siggy, Holtby , eriksen type.

But I love the platform of Sandro and Dembele that we had last year. We bossed a lot of good midfields with that. Perfect springboard for the more attack minded players

I'm not sure how much managers consider it but Sig has a heck of a shot on him from outside the area. Rarely do they disappear into the stands.

think it depends on what you see his role as in the side. If your formation requires a more "effective" progressive player maybe you'd look at a Siggy, Holtby , eriksen type.

But I love the platform of Sandro and Dembele that we had last year. We bossed a lot of good midfields with that. Perfect springboard for the more attack minded players

I don't disagree. But I think the Dembele - Sandro axis is more effective away from home when teams come at us more. At home, we can afford to be a bit more expansive.

The problem with playing Dembele so deep is that when he goes on a run beating 2 players he is still a long way from the penalty area

Yep, his dribbling from CM really doesn't help us as it just slows our attacks up. Far faster if you pass the ball

Yep, his dribbling from CM really doesn't help us as it just slows our attacks up. Far faster if you pass the ball

Perhaps Mousa is confusing the rules of football with rugby, what with his reluctance to play a forward pass :-k

Jeez, could be 9th this time tomorrow night. Need to at least avoid defeat tomorrow,then back it up with 2 home wins.
The table can change so quickly these days

A win tomorrow would leave a real gap between 8th and 9th and we all know how Spurs respond to opportunities like this... :cry:

Back