• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - 22.12.13 - 13:30 -Tottenham VS Southampton @ St, Mary's

-------------------Lloris
------Naughton---Dawson---Chiriches----Rose
---------------Capoue---Dembele
----------Lennon----Lamela---Eriksen
-------------------Adebayor

- I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want Holtby, Chadli, Defoe or Soldado in the first team.

- Naughton had a rough ride against Liverpool, but he's alright at right back and I think would prove to be more reliable than Walker. With Lennon on the right, it's not vital that Walker plays.

- Lamela is a bit of a wildcard selection, and based more on hope than any knowledge of his abilities etc. It's either him or Sigurdsson behind Ade.

A possible new temporary feature for omt's under our current set-up

I give you...........'Tims Teamtalk'

A door closes. Aaron removes his headphones and looks up expectantly at the interim coach, curious to hear his plan of war, Kyle walker breaks off from a private joke with Kyle Naughton...a hush fills the room the sound of studs tapping the floor stops, Les Ferdinand folds his arms and stares at Adebayor, wondering whether he will follow the carefully laid plans of the last week. Tim takes one last look around the changing room a look of defiance on his face and begins to speak:

'Lads its been a long week, Andre's gone.....he pauses unable to prevent himself glancing at Adebayor.......'forget Wednesday we had a go but it didnt work out.....but today is another challenge, back to the bread and butter....against a talented Southampton side who think this one's there for the taking.....dont be under any illusions here.....they will come out and try to kill you from the word go you have to be prepared for that....they can taste victory....they think were shot.....they think were cannon fodder........they think that we are weak.......

Tim stops for a moment to let the effect of these words sink in, takes a sip of water from the bottle clenched in his hand before continuing.

'I want you to put everything thats happened recently to the back of your minds - today is a clean slate, a fresh start a chance for something new....something different....something unexpected....the camera's are on us, we are in the spotlight........we are going to be judged.......your proffesionalism and your ability is in question.....regardless of me or anyone who may be your manager our fans are down.......they are watching us.

'I know talent when I see it and I also know that talent needs to be met with a positive attitude and a will to win, today is as good a day as any for us to all pull together and show the country what we can do when we are right at it, what we can do when we all fight for each other, what we can achieve together when we refuse to give in and never stop working for for the good of the team for the good of the result........they will come out with no fear today.....your all going to have to work your asses off to teach them that fear.....to earn your respect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

take a good look at yourselves and your teammates........look at the international player sitting next to you..........ask yourself if you will give your all for that teammate............ask yourselves whether you have done yourselves justice recently.........question your right to play at this stage at this level, question your proffesionalism if you want to........

you have 90 minutes to answer those questions....to show yourself.....90 minutes to show the world that no matter how bad things might be that you have earnt the right to play at this stage.....you have earnt the right to be judged.......90 minutes to fight and show our fans it doesnt matter whether Mary Poppins is manager of Tottenham because the players that represent that club have talent, positive attitude and have stomach for the fight...

You all know what you have to do....the instructions have been consistent since thursday...you all know your role and what is expected of you from me and your teammates........you have to do your job and prove yourself from the first till last seconds.....

Come on lads.....lets earn their fear and earn our fans respect........COME ON!!!!!!!!!

Dawson claps his hands and bellows Come on Boys!!!!! as noise fills the changing room and squad begin to move in unison towards the tunnel.

I'm sure it will be closer to
"faarrkin run abaaaat a bit"

A possible new temporary feature for omt's under our current set-up

I give you...........'Tims Teamtalk'

A door closes. Aaron removes his headphones and looks up expectantly at the interim coach, curious to hear his plan of war, Kyle walker breaks off from a private joke with Kyle Naughton...a hush fills the room the sound of studs tapping the floor stops, Les Ferdinand folds his arms and stares at Adebayor, wondering whether he will follow the carefully laid plans of the last week. Tim takes one last look around the changing room a look of defiance on his face and begins to speak:

'Lads its been a long week, Andre's gone.....he pauses unable to prevent himself glancing at Adebayor.......'forget Wednesday we had a go but it didnt work out.....but today is another challenge, back to the bread and butter....against a talented Southampton side who think this one's there for the taking.....dont be under any illusions here.....they will come out and try to kill you from the word go you have to be prepared for that....they can taste victory....they think were shot.....they think were cannon fodder........they think that we are weak.......

Tim stops for a moment to let the effect of these words sink in, takes a sip of water from the bottle clenched in his hand before continuing.

'I want you to put everything thats happened recently to the back of your minds - today is a clean slate, a fresh start a chance for something new....something different....something unexpected....the camera's are on us, we are in the spotlight........we are going to be judged.......your proffesionalism and your ability is in question.....regardless of me or anyone who may be your manager our fans are down.......they are watching us.

'I know talent when I see it and I also know that talent needs to be met with a positive attitude and a will to win, today is as good a day as any for us to all pull together and show the country what we can do when we are right at it, what we can do when we all fight for each other, what we can achieve together when we refuse to give in and never stop working for for the good of the team for the good of the result........they will come out with no fear today.....your all going to have to work your asses off to teach them that fear.....to earn your respect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

take a good look at yourselves and your teammates........look at the international player sitting next to you..........ask yourself if you will give your all for that teammate............ask yourselves whether you have done yourselves justice recently.........question your right to play at this stage at this level, question your proffesionalism if you want to........

you have 90 minutes to answer those questions....to show yourself.....90 minutes to show the world that no matter how bad things might be that you have earnt the right to play at this stage.....you have earnt the right to be judged.......90 minutes to fight and show our fans it doesnt matter whether Mary Poppins is manager of Tottenham because the players that represent that club have talent, positive attitude and have stomach for the fight...

You all know what you have to do....the instructions have been consistent since thursday...you all know your role and what is expected of you from me and your teammates........you have to do your job and prove yourself from the first till last seconds.....

Come on lads.....lets earn their fear and earn our fans respect........COME ON!!!!!!!!!

Dawson claps his hands and bellows Come on Boys!!!!! as noise fills the changing room and squad begin to move in unison towards the tunnel.

Have you ever thought about a career in management? There's an opportunity in North East London that may be tempting.

Also, between posts like this and Christmas songwriting, how do you have any time to do anything else!

I'd like to see us go WONKY ish....

Defence predicts itself assuming whose available

Hugo

Walker. Dawson. Vlad. Rose

Then I'd go for

Lennon. Capoue. Dembele. Eriksen (here's the wonky)

Ade. Soldado

Ade to act as a link up player. Eriksen to come in whenever possible to allow rose to make it a 5 in midfield when attacking

that's a team for me that gets the best out of our side at the moment and we have Lamella and Siggy to come in

My fear is we will play Chadli who offers nothing...

Southampton's bubble has burst. No reason not to be confident of 3 points.

No longer constricted by AVB's 'system' it's time for us to show some flair for the first time for ages.

Don't rush him back. It was too early for him against Liverscum and look what happened.

Agreed. 30 minutes, no tackles, no interceptions, then off with an injury.

Would rather see us play Capoue than to have Sandro rushed back only to be out again.

I'm guessing Sherwood is willing to gamble a bit though, he wants the job and to have any chance of getting it he has to start delivering results.

Agreed. 30 minutes, no tackles, no interceptions, then off with an injury.

Would rather see us play Capoue than to have Sandro rushed back only to be out again.

I'm guessing Sherwood is willing to gamble a bit though, he wants the job and to have any chance of getting it he has to start delivering results.

Yep, gambling with players for a short-term gain, which could lead to a long-term injury...it's like we are being managed by 'Arry again

How about our defense? Aka the crusher of mangers. Is Dawson back?

I would take a draw. But hope we win. Team low on confidence. Southampton trying to get back to winning ways. Spurs missing players. It has Spurs frustration written all over it. Its a game better suited to AVB than Sherwood (what little we know about his style anyway).

To dare is to do.

I'd like to see us go WONKY ish....

Defence predicts itself assuming whose available

Hugo

Walker. Dawson. Vlad. Rose

Then I'd go for

Lennon. Capoue. Dembele. Eriksen (here's the wonky)

Ade. Soldado

Ade to act as a link up player. Eriksen to come in whenever possible to allow rose to make it a 5 in midfield when attacking

that's a team for me that gets the best out of our side at the moment and we have Lamella and Siggy to come in

My fear is we will play Chadli who offers nothing...

It's a team full of talent and quality. You might need Ade tracking back to bolster midfield - close down when we're not in possession and start moves.

How about our defense? Aka the crusher of mangers. Is Dawson back?

I would take a draw. But hope we win. Team low on confidence. Southampton trying to get back to winning ways. Spurs missing players. It has Spurs frustration written all over it. Its a game better suited to AVB than Sherwood (what little we know about his style anyway).

To dare is to do.

Dawson is back, will probably him and Vlad. Kaboul is working his way back to fitness.

Dawson is back, will probably him and Vlad. Kaboul is working his way back to fitness.

I'm afraid Younes is never going to 100%. He's 27 now and just seems to be one of those players unfortunately. It's sad because injury-free with a run of games/seasons he wouldn't be far off world class.

Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Chiriches, Rose, Dembele, Eriksen, Lamela and Soldado will play imo. Not sure on the last two spots. Could be any two of Capoue, Holtby, Lennon, Sigurdsson, Chadli or Ade.

Lamela's in quite a few training pics, I'm taking it as a sign.

Aye, well spotted:

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/xtra-gallery-dec-20-201213/

I'd have Lamela and Soldado in every starting team from now on. Just get them the fukk settled and let's get cracking. In fact, of our 4 big signings (sorry Etienne, Vlad and Nacer) I'd try to start getting all of them in there.

I think we'll beat Saints. 1-2.

There's a reason these guys are in all the photos
"We had an extended warm down for the players who played (against West Ham) and those that didn’t, trained."

Back