• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

[[OMGT - Tottenham vs QPR]]

Moutinho and Willian and/or a *creative* striker to boost our creativity, intelligence, and speed of release are absolute necessities for me if we are going to get results in the second half of this season. I'm not trying to be kneejerk - I've felt this way since the summer window closed.

(I really don't think we're going to get either. Holtby at most for Jan. AVB is going to have to be a miracle worker to get us top four - we have some great individual players, but we're really lacking in a few qualities as a team.)

while we're in control of the game overall, there's a chance it might be heading towards a bore draw if the managers don't change the dynamics. cesar for MOTM as of half time.

Has AVB ever made a half time sub? i like that he tends to wait until the 60th minute. There's been quite a few times where a player we were all calling for to be substituted managed to score in that 15-20 minute period.

I expected nothing less. They've come for a point and decided to park the bus...let's see if we can find a way. Better shape than last season's game but we need some craft for sure...

Adebayor is playing terribly and we can't cope with the numbers they have in midfield. The obvious thing to do in my eyes is to put either Sig or Dempsey on for Ade and go 4-2-3-1

And skyfarer made a good point up there; we're not releasing the ball fast enough. Every player picks it up and feels obliged to run forward fifteen yards before the thought of passing enters their heads. The only one of our outfield players who's been releasing the ball consistently quickly has been Daws, and he's been firing off those howitzers again.

I remember after the Reading game my pals and I said its great that we dont hoof it these days its all on the ground..

Not today

Id hook Dawson off and bring Caulker on, tell him and Verts to bring the ball out of defence, also Dempsey on for the simply awful Ade...

I'd go 3 at the back for the second half same as we did against arsenal. Dawson and Vertonghen are marking no one between them with Taraabt just dropping deep.

This has been a massive problem for a few seasons. Imo it comes from a lack of movement infront of a player to give passing options.

I agree with you, but I also think some of our players don't have the technical ability to one-touch pass it with the perfect weight on the ball. Coaching better movement will help, but only to an extent imo. I'd like us to import more players from Spain/Germany tbh.

Ade = rusty as all hell. Again, he looks like he's trying. But he's lost almost all the skill he used to have; his first touch, his aerial ability..hell, even his upper body strength.

Dempsey? Please?

Has always been tinkle poor in the air, tall he is but no threat at all

AVB is going to have to be a miracle worker to get us top four - we have some great individual players, but we're really lacking in a few qualities as a team.)

haha i see it quite the other way ... that the team is performing much better than the sum of its individuals... credit to avb for making us not feel the loss of modric and VDV.

Moutinho and Willian and/or a *creative* striker to boost our creativity, intelligence, and speed of release are absolute necessities for me if we are going to get results in the second half of this season. I'm not trying to be kneejerk - I've felt this way since the summer window closed.

(I really don't think we're going to get either. Holtby at most for Jan. AVB is going to have to be a miracle worker to get us top four - we have some great individual players, but we're really lacking in a few qualities as a team.)

Why is AVB going to have to be a miracle worker to get us in the top 4 when we are already 3rd? Or are you just going with the assumption Chelsea and Arsenal will sign every good player they are linked with and we will get noone?

- We are being outmuscled. Step it up boys.

- Is the pitch harder than we're used to? Everybody seems to have a bad touch on the ball.

- Dawson. Must. Not. Try. Long. Passes.

- Adebayor. WTF?

- Bale and Lennon need to get involved.

- Worst half of the season from Dembele.

I expected nothing less. They've come for a point and decided to park the bus...let's see if we can find a way. Better shape than last season's game but we need some craft for sure...

They have not come for a point imo. I think they've trying to contain us for 60 minutes or so and eventually they'll put a striker on.

I remember after the Reading game my pals and I said its great that we dont hoof it these days its all on the ground..

Not today

Id hook Dawson off and bring Caulker on, tell him and Verts to bring the ball out of defence, also Dempsey on for the simply awful Ade...

Oddly there's been a lot of praise in this thread for Dawson's hoofs.

Qpr up for a fight today. Stupid dingdongs are getting away with being aggressive. We really just need to stay focused, cut out the silly crap and move the ball quicker. Been far too many occasions where our lads want time on the ball. This isn't the pitch or the game for it. Qpr have worked like dogs. Now it's time to prove that we can cope with this

Back