• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Re: **Official Other Teams & Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

On another note - Modric played (essentially) as an ACM last night - in front of 2 holders in the face of Khedira and Alonso.

Essentially he took over Ozil/Di Maria's place - would be interesting to see if he stays there for the rest of the season

On another note - Modric played (essentially) as an ACM last night - in front of 2 holders in the face of Khedira and Alonso.

Essentially he took over Ozil/Di Maria's place - would be interesting to see if he stays there for the rest of the season

Was Ozil injured?

I know this happened on Friday - but is there a more 'complete' forward than Falcao at the moment?

Pace, technical ability, either foot, power and/or placement on his shot, fantastic 'runner'

On form he has to be in the Top 5 at the moment, what a player!

and his agent said he wants to come to the PL in January

Noticed this when he came on for Ozil last week against Barca. For that position I'd say Ozil's the better player. I'd think that against teams they should be dominating he'd take the place of either Alonso or Kheidra and for tougher games away from home, he'll play the Ozil role (slightly less attcking CM) with Ozil going wide right. Would make them much stronger defensively and still mean they have 3 attackers + Modric on the pitch.

Thought Modric was great last night. Really fits in well there, right move for him

Yeah, he was. Dropped off a bit as the game went on but still did well. They're not going to see the best of him in that position though, they may as well have signed someone like Cazorla if that's where they're planning on using him mostly, I guess Luka's versatility is a bonus.

Yeah, he was. Dropped off a bit as the game went on but still did well. They're not going to see the best of him in that position though, they may as well have signed someone like Cazorla if that's where they're planning on using him mostly, I guess Luka's versatility is a bonus.

I disagree - think he'd flourish there, with 2 holders behind him doing the hardwork he'd have all the space to pick his team-mates in attacking positions with his superb passing ability

With us - we simply had no-one better for his position, hence why he had to do all the 'hard' work.

I know this happened on Friday - but is there a more 'complete' forward than Falcao at the moment?

Pace, technical ability, either foot, power and/or placement on his shot, fantastic 'runner'

On form he has to be in the Top 5 at the moment, what a player!

Yes, yes and thrice yes.

If,somehow, Moutinho and Falcao were unveiled in Spurs shirts in January...that would be a very Happy New Year.

I disagree - think he'd flourish there, with 2 holders behind him doing the hardwork he'd have all the space to pick his team-mates in attacking positions with his superb passing ability

With us - we simply had no-one better for his position, hence why he had to do all the 'hard' work.

I think in that position though you're expected to chip in with more goals than he's produced throughout his career so far.

Maybe he'll step up this aspect of his game with less responsibility of dictating the general play

Last edited:

I think in that position though you're expected to chip in with more goals than he's produced throughout his career so far.

Maybe he'll step up this aspect of his game with less responsibility of dictating the general play

I think you've answered your won question in a way - now that he is a 'new' position - the goals might start coming in. Remember, for us he had other 'priorities' first on the field - maintain/recycle possession, set the rhythm, keep the tempo, distribute play, etc.

Yes, yes and thrice yes.

If,somehow, Moutinho and Falcao were unveiled in Spurs shirts in January...that would be a very Happy New Year.

I think if anything - it would be at Chelsea but dare we dream (Moutinho' near miss indicates we're prepared to spend the right money for the right player). He's also quite a looker which would raise the team 'overall' having notw dropped a fair bit with the departure of Krunchie, VdV and possibly soon Cudicini. Spurs do in style, remember ;)

I think you've answered your won question in a way - now that he is a 'new' position - the goals might start coming in. Remember, for us he had other 'priorities' first on the field - maintain/recycle possession, set the rhythm, keep the tempo, distribute play, etc.

I just don't think he's a very good finisher, however he is very good at the things you just mentioned - so it is natural that he would play deeper.

But as I say, more time/confidence and who knows.

[video=youtube;hqAy_U_px8o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqAy_U_px8o[/video]

"because he is the best man(ager) in the world"

[video=youtube;zlsH1ufFURE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zlsH1ufFURE#![/video]

:ross:

The FA hands Saudi Sportswashing Machine boss Alan Pardew 2-match touchline ban & suspended £20k fine for push on assistant referee v Spurs

I reckon their £250m+ assembled starting line up might've been some factor, too.

It actually cost £119m ;) Where as our "strongest" line up would potentially cost: £88m but we've had a lot more expensive line ups in the past.

It's just the mentality SAF has drilled into the teams he creates year upon year upon year. The never say die, never give up attitude.

An excellent youth and scouting set-up combined with a wage bill in excess of £153million (compared to our £91m) meaning that SAF rarely has to worry about other clubs luring his best players away even when he fails to win a trophy.

Yes, yes and thrice yes.

I can't recall where, but i read somewhere that Chelsea had already made a £48m bid for Falcao..

Back