• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

what a massive anti climax. that was brick.

I don't like Chelsea very much, and I would prefer it if they didn't win the Europa league.

Good thing Benfica are through, they should be more of a match for Chelsea than Fenerbache. Undefeated in the league, with a 4-point lead on Porto, and also through to their domestic cup final.

So, I hadn't seen much of Cardozo before today, but he looked unreal. I see some people say he's in the wrong generation and how he's too slow, but fudge me he knows where the goal is. His hold up play was fantastic tonight, a very important and big game for Benfica and he more than lived up to it, right place at the right time, superb touch, great in the air. If we could ever pick him up on the cheap, I'd be more than happy with it.

If Chelsea win the final, they'll be the first English club to win all 3 European trophies. That's reason to support Benfica.

ibuqcmVKqknM5S.gif

If we had a decent defence, we could have been in the EL final now, after beating Basel comfortably. It is going to be difficult to accept if Chelsea go on to win EL. Hope Benfica will do something. Atleast Chelsea being in the Final means extra match for them.

Is there anyone left in England who still hates Germany or German football teams? Or is it just the nationalists who don't like them? I for one think it's the best possible final this year. I'll be in London on the day of the final, hopefully drinking in an Oktoberfest bar with loads of tinkled up Germans.

Having teams from the same country playing in any Final normally won't have the entertaintment value expected from a Final. 2 out of 3 previous CL Finals which were contested by teams from same country ended up going to penalties : Chelsea-ManU in 2008 and Juventus-Milan in 2003. Only Real Madrid beat Valencia comfortably in 2000. I think this is another weakness of CL, for letting teams other than the league champions playing in it. Obviously, there was no Final between teams from same countries before the CL era as only the champions were playing in it.

Can see Bayern and Dortmund playing out a boring Final, going all the way to penalties.

Is there anyone left in England who still hates Germany or German football teams? Or is it just the nationalists who don't like them? I for one think it's the best possible final this year. I'll be in London on the day of the final, hopefully drinking in an Oktoberfest bar with loads of tinkled up Germans.

But, isn't that because you're a German?;)

Anyway.

I'm a nationalist, and I think the final is superb. Love watching both teams play.

As much as I hate Chelsea and most of their fans, that allocation is an absolute joke.

9,800 out of a 52,000+ seater stadium? UEFA are a total shambles.

Time for everyones favourite league video.

[video=youtube;DUIpMv3lq6c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DUIpMv3lq6c[/video]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/live-scores

This is the day, this is the time for Harry Redknapp to show what he thinks about Spurs and our fans. Let's see what kind of a team he puts out for QPR home to Arsenal.

He will probably put out the team he thinks is the best today, like he has for all the games...

Seems unlikely that those players will perform any better today than they did in those previous games though. At least Townsend should be up for it.

Back