• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Yeah, QPR actually have a half-decent squad on paper anyway, I mean Granero, Park, Hoilett, Zamora, Bosingwa, Cesar, Wright-Phillips, Green and co shouldn't be that bad, also Redknapp was handed a tonne of cash in January to get Remy & Samba in. He can't complain but for som reason he hasn't been able to motivate the team or get them playing consistently. His results against the top teams have been decen which suggests the issue is one of motivation rather than talent.

Agreed.

Yeah, QPR actually have a half-decent squad on paper anyway, I mean Granero, Park, Hoilett, Zamora, Bosingwa, Cesar, Wright-Phillips, Green and co shouldn't be that bad, also Redknapp was handed a tonne of cash in January to get Remy & Samba in. He can't complain but for som reason he hasn't been able to motivate the team or get them playing consistently. His results against the top teams have been decen which suggests the issue is one of motivation rather than talent.

Game isn't played on paper but the thing is QPR's results haven't been relegation form but they were so far behind when he took over that they needed top six form to survive the drop. Instead they've displayed mid-table form which isn't enough for them to survive but is probably the actual level they are.

I wouldn't be sad to see us get Remy from them at the end of the season though!

Why DO harry's teams so often start so badly? Training/tactics/mentality?

Confidence I'd imagine. But it's not Harry's teams, it's teams with low confidence. Under us it fluctuated quite a bit. One season we were the comeback kings under him, another season we'd throw it away towards the end. Even this season we've fluctuated with that. Beginning of the season we dropped so many points in the second half but recently we seemed to be the team sucker punching the opposition in the second half.

Well at least Harry is taking it well. Here's a few select quotes from after the game...

"We gave away the most terrible goals I've ever seen since I've been managing a football team," said Redknapp.
"A penalty, losing the ball and an own-goal. Scandalous goals. It was an absolute disaster."
"But I was disappointed with the last 10 minutes. Christopher Samba put himself up front and then we started launching balls up and that is not how we play."

"But I was disappointed with the last 10 minutes. Christopher Samba put himself up front and then we started launching balls up and that is not how we play."

I'm confused...i listened on the radio, and they said Redknapp was waving him forward?

Game isn't played on paper but the thing is QPR's results haven't been relegation form but they were so far behind when he took over that they needed top six form to survive the drop. Instead they've displayed mid-table form which isn't enough for them to survive but is probably the actual level they are.

I wouldn't be sad to see us get Remy from them at the end of the season though!

since when is 23 points from 21 games anything other than relegation form...played over 38 games that would get qpr 41 or 42 points...certainly not mid table form

since when is 23 points from 21 games anything other than relegation form...played over 38 games that would get qpr 41 or 42 points...certainly not mid table form

Got it wrong, its 19 points from 18 games in charge...which actually equals only 40 points over a whole season

Plus he has spent a lot of money bringing in several players over the transfer window...

Harry is responsible for qprs position...no passing the buck

Got it wrong, its 19 points from 18 games in charge...which actually equals only 40 points over a whole season

Plus he has spent a lot of money bringing in several players over the transfer window...

40 points is usually not relegation form. It's survival.

gonads.

40 points is usually not relegation form. It's survival.

True, but I was responding to a post saying that harry had got qpr displaying mid table form...which he has not, and because he has not, he is responsible for getting them relegated. IMO, the squad he has are more than capable of showing mid table form

True, but I was responding to a post saying that harry had got qpr displaying mid table form...which he has not, and because he has not, he is responsible for getting them relegated. IMO, the squad he has are more than capable of showing mid table form

I'm despise Harry Redknapp, but taking his points tally at the moment and extrapolating it over a season is simply unfair and illogical. Getting a team who have not won a game in two months is a different ball game to starting in pre-season, and theres so many other permutations of taking over mid-struggle. His reputation suggests he should have done slightly better than he has, but if it was anyone else we were talking about then Mark Hughes would be getting most of the blame.

Redknapp took over, they were 6 points from safety.

he's taken over, spent over £20m and are now 7 points from safety.

Back