• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Just seen they have fulham on the 17th

Hadn't noticed that. I only checked to see if any Champions League games were being played that day because Uefa ask all national associaitons to avoid playing any domestic fixtures from a top league on the same night as a European game where possible.

Ah well, May 8th it is. They go to Villa and we go to Stoke in the league game directly afterwards. Hard to call but Villa will have much more to play for but that could play into Chelsea's hands. Stoke should be all but on the beach really, their home form has been pretty poor generally anyway. I think it will go to the last game now between all 3 teams for 3rd/4th and if that is the case, we probably have the easiest of the 3 games given Everton are away to Chelsea and Saudi Sportswashing Machine are home to Arsenal.

You know what, if thats the scenario we are faced with then I am happy with that and I think had we all been asked that at the start of the season or even midway through the season then we would have taken it.

jazzman I can assure you my opinion on Benteke is based on his around game and what I feel is his immense potential. He has 18 goals this season, 14 in 28 league matches playing in a poor team. With the chances we create he could cause so much damage. But take away the goals he works hard.

Any player is a risk, for every striker that was signed and then was crap I could point a to a striker that looked tasty. Heck I remember saying Luis Surez was quality and would be an excellent signing for us but I was told by many people on here that he plays in Holland that is a poor league and is not proven.

Yh, i see complete merit in everything you've said. tbh I've seen far more of hernandez than benteke, and thats why i'd still go for him, if it were me spending the money and he were available. I stand to be corrected though.

They still have to play Man U, should play QPR before QPR are mathematically down and finish at Saudi Sportswashing Machine. I dont think they're clear yet, though could do with WEst Brom or Everton taking points off them

Finger crossed we could get a favour of na 'old boy'. They still have Norwich,Fulham and QPR in the run-in. Not really expecting anything but 9pts for them from those 3 games, so any points dropped would be a massive bonus.

This weekend is another 'biggie'. WBA v Arsenal; Spurs v Everton. Absoultely no idea how it will pan out. but for me it is vital we at least stay 4pts ahead, if we could get that 7pt cushion back I might start to believe.
WBA game is on the Saturday too, never really sure whether that is a good or bad thing for us, at least the players will know the situation before we play on Sunday

Finger crossed we could get a favour of na 'old boy'. They still have Norwich,Fulham and QPR in the run-in. Not really expecting anything but 9pts for them from those 3 games, so any points dropped would be a massive bonus.

This weekend is another 'biggie'. WBA v Arsenal; Spurs v Everton. Absoultely no idea how it will pan out. but for me it is vital we at least stay 4pts ahead, if we could get that 7pt cushion back I might start to believe.
WBA game is on the Saturday too, never really sure whether that is a good or bad thing for us, at least the players will know the situation before we play on Sunday

Yep, historically I would have thought that WEst Brom could get something on Sat however Arse have the full week off before now that they just have league games left so plenty of time to prepare. Am majorly concerned about what we'll get out of the Everton game as well given the Basel game on Thurs.

Now that the cheatski game has been moved, there's an even stronger case for resting players on Thurs v Basel given that for teh away leg, we can go all out and play our best team given there's no game the weekend after.

Hadn't noticed that. I only checked to see if any Champions League games were being played that day because Uefa ask all national associaitons to avoid playing any domestic fixtures from a top league on the same night as a European game where possible.

Ah well, May 8th it is. They go to Villa and we go to Stoke in the league game directly afterwards. Hard to call but Villa will have much more to play for but that could play into Chelsea's hands. Stoke should be all but on the beach really, their home form has been pretty poor generally anyway. I think it will go to the last game now between all 3 teams for 3rd/4th and if that is the case, we probably have the easiest of the 3 games given Everton are away to Chelsea and Saudi Sportswashing Machine are home to Arsenal.
You know what, if thats the scenario we are faced with then I am happy with that and I think had we all been asked that at the start of the season or even midway through the season then we would have taken it.

Sky could have an absolute field day.

We could have a scenario whereby
Saudi Sportswashing Machine have to win/avoid defeat stay up while Arsenal need to win to finish 3rd or 4th
Sunderland have to win/aviod defeat at the Lane to stay up, while we need to win to finish 3rd or 4th
Everton need to beat Chelsea to have a chance of finishing 4th if Spurs and Arsenal slip-up, while Chelsea are in the same boat as us and Arsenal

Throw in the fact Villa play Wigan on the last day too. What a day it could be?

Personally I'm praying we get the chance to wrap up a Top 4 position at Stoke with a game spare

Sky could have an absolute field day.

We could have a scenario whereby
Saudi Sportswashing Machine have to win/avoid defeat stay up while Arsenal need to win to finish 3rd or 4th
Sunderland have to win/aviod defeat at the Lane to stay up, while we need to win to finish 3rd or 4th
Everton need to beat Chelsea to have a chance of finishing 4th if Spurs and Arsenal slip-up, while Chelsea are in the same boat as us and Arsenal

Throw in the fact Villa play Wigan on the last day too. What a day it could be?

Personally I'm praying we get the chance to wrap up a Top 4 position at Stoke with a game spare

It won't happen, its Spurs, its bound to go to the last day and even with our fixture, you just know we will make hard weather of it.

It is exactly what Sky want/need with the League not going to the last day like last year - The ramifications for some of the fixtures could be even far more reaching than the Aguero moment if a similar thing occurs.

Imagine a Scenario where a late goal in either teams favour in all three games involving the the top 4 chasers? We could have a scenario as well where Villa and Wigan can play out a draw and both stay up if defeats are forthcoming for Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Sunderland.

Everton also will probably need a win at Stamford Bridge to stand any chance of European football and finishing above Liverpool. In doing so they would no doubt condemn Chelsea to 6th if they managed it and Chelsea hadn't already secured a top 4 place prior to the final day and both Arsenal and ourselves also won. It could in theory also send them down to 7th if Liverpool were to beat QPR at Anfield on the final day.

I really can see it all coming together now to a point where all 3 London clubs are in the box seat to finish 3rd-5th but have to win on the last day to do so or risk Everton/Liverpool sneaking in. Reading will be cut adrift and relegated by the final day but QPR, Wigan, Villa, Sunderland and Saudi Sportswashing Machine will all have to achieve results in their fixtures and/or be relying on other results as they come in.

I will be at Spurs that day but last season was crazy with everyone trying to find out the Arsenal score as well as the Man U/Emirates Marketing Project scores. If the above scenario comes to pass then 6-7 of the fixtures are going to have something riding on them on the last day which will give Sky kittens in terms of what games to show live. All 4 sky sports channels will have a game and probably a red button jobby too!

I've always looked at our last 4 games as our real advantage in any run-in. Just need to make sure arse arent too far ahead by the time we get to those games

I've always looked at our last 4 games as our real advantage in any run-in. Just need to make sure arse arent too far ahead by the time we get to those games

Chelsea's last four are horrific.

Swansea at home, United away, Villa away, Everton at home.

Might be even worse if we end up between United and Villa on the 8th of May.

Didnt realise that Chelsea still have to go away to Man Utd and Liverpool as well as playing us and Everton at home. Thats 4 very tough fixtures for them in the run in that I hadn't anticpated.

All the talk on here has been about cheatski's fixtures however if we get to the Europa final, now that the cheatski game will be moved to the 8th, we'll play two games per week from the Man C game onwards til the end of the season. 9 games in 4 week would be fine if we had some cover in midfield but can see Parker and Dembele being asked to play pretty much all those games

C'mon Billy........ i walked out of wembley tinkled off for losing to pompey and even more tinkled that palacios got booked at the end and was banned for all the vital league games coming up....doomed, we were doomed..............then we bashed chelsea, then arsenal and then had the night of our lives at City. That felt like a fairytale

Yes !!!

I remember sitting on the tube with my pals, all were deflated after losing to Pompey and I said we would beat both Arsenal and Chelsea, my pals and the tube carriage laughed at me, how wrong they were !!

All the talk on here has been about cheatski's fixtures however if we get to the Europa final, now that the cheatski game will be moved to the 8th, we'll play two games per week from the Man C game onwards til the end of the season. 9 games in 4 week would be fine if we had some cover in midfield but can see Parker and Dembele being asked to play pretty much all those games

Just take it one game at a time innit

Ah crap, that's QPR finished and Fulham safe. Would have been nice if they both had something to play for in their remaining games, oh well.

Back