• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

It could be put in place for Wednesday 17th April which would actually be a good thing. We will have had nearly a weeks rest - They will have had what you would expect to be a hard trip to Moscow followed by a gruelling Semi final against City with around 2 days rest time before playing us 3 days afterwards.

I am hopeful it can be put in place for that day as this result will then work very much in our favour. Lets hope for extra time against City at Wembley too!

Just seen they have fulham on the 17th

Havent read through the last few pages on this but any news on what the back-up date for our league game v them was?

Hopefully it will be the midweek directly after their semi so that it continues their long run of games and means that we'll have had almost a week off

Seems to be only one possible date: 8th of May

Yes, our fixture against Chelsea will be moved.

And as i said in the other thread, it may end up as a win or bust fixture at the back end of the season. At least if it was in a couple of weeks it wouldn't be terminal if we lost.

On the brightside it's more fixtures for them...pushing on 3 fronts....lets face it, if they could field mata, oscar, hazard, ba every game then they would have a good chance of winning any game. BUT, and we know rafa will, rotate and chop and change due to the game load, and that's good for us.

Others will say we get a break after the Basel away leg so we can go for it in Switzerland , but the chelsea rearrangement will probably clog us up further down the line when we have a tougher semi-final fixture.

Do FA cup semis have replays?

Chelseas remaining fixtures

THUR 4th April : Rubin Kazan H
SUN 7TH April : Sunderland H
THUR 11th April : Rubin Kazan A
SUN 14th April : Emirates Marketing Project N
WED 17th April :Fulham : A
SUN 21st April : Liverpool
***potential european fixture***
SAT 27th April : Swansea H
***potential european fixture***

SAT 4th May : Man United A
***rearranged game with Spurs***
SUN 12th May : Aston Villa A
***highly unlikely european cup final***
SUN 19th May : Everton H
***highly unlikely FA Cup final***

potentially two games a week until the end of the season - 15 games, 2 more than us

Last edited:
If Chelsea do reach the FA Cup final and the semis of the EL they could end up having one week where they have to play Saturday-Monday-Thursday-Sunday

One other implication of the chelsea game being moved is that Arse will now play 2 league games between our Everton game and when we next play. So rather than have a game in hand, they'll have played one more and, given that they're both home games (v Norwich and Everton), have a great chance of moving above us and putting the pressure on us

If Chelsea do reach the FA Cup final and the semis of the EL they could end up having one week where they have to play Saturday-Monday-Thursday-Sunday

where, that isn't how i have worked it out above? everything seems to flow weekend>midweek>weekend

One other implication of the chelsea game being moved is that Arse will now play 2 league games between our Everton game and when we next play. So rather than have a game in hand, they'll have played one more and, given that they're both home games (v Norwich and Everton), have a great chance of moving above us and putting the pressure on us

Unless they mess up in those two games or we pull of some spectacular results, I'm pretty resigned to Arsenal finishing above us. I see it us V Chelsea now.

Pretty sure we will end up playing Chelsea away on Weds May 8th

Don't want to go to the Bridge in a 'Eastlands' situation......

(although wasn't that a rearranged fixture, because of the cup?)

maybe its fate and a big dose retribution is on the cards for the lucky c*nts CL qualification last season and bricking on AVB..........after all this is how life works:lol:

jazzman I can assure you my opinion on Benteke is based on his around game and what I feel is his immense potential. He has 18 goals this season, 14 in 28 league matches playing in a poor team. With the chances we create he could cause so much damage. But take away the goals he works hard.

Any player is a risk, for every striker that was signed and then was crap I could point a to a striker that looked tasty. Heck I remember saying Luis Surez was quality and would be an excellent signing for us but I was told by many people on here that he plays in Holland that is a poor league and is not proven.

Don't want to go to the Bridge in a 'Eastlands' situation......

(although wasn't that a rearranged fixture, because of the cup?)

maybe its fate and a bid dose retribution is on the cards for the lucky c*nts CL qualification last season and bricking on AVB..........after all this is how life works:lol:

sadly those sorts of fairy tales are only written against us

Unless they mess up in those two games or we pull of some spectacular results, I'm pretty resigned to Arsenal finishing above us. I see it us V Chelsea now.

They still have to play Man U, should play QPR before QPR are mathematically down and finish at Saudi Sportswashing Machine. I dont think they're clear yet, though could do with WEst Brom or Everton taking points off them

To be fair, the pressure is already on us, EVERY game from now till the end of the season. It doesnt feel so much like Arsenal are chasing us, more that its a perpertual sudden death between us, them and Chelsea.

There's a scenario where Chelsea reach both the Europa League final and FA Cup final and it could end up like this:

Sat 11 May - Fa Cup final
Mon 13 May - Aston Villa away
Wednesday 15 May - Europa Final
Sunday 19 May - Everton home

sadly those sorts of fairy tales are only written against us

C'mon Billy........ i walked out of wembley tinkled off for losing to pompey and even more tinkled that palacios got booked at the end and was banned for all the vital league games coming up....doomed, we were doomed..............then we bashed chelsea, then arsenal and then had the night of our lives at City. That felt like a fairytale

Back