• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Goal seems to have rattled United's nerves.

Hopefully they can pick themselves up and grab an equaliser soon.

I want Chelsea to win, that way they have more games to play and Utd do not easy once they have won the league which will be good for us as they have to play both Chelsea and the Goons

The sight of hernandez screaming for the cross, then checking back just before it got delivered so that he was onside, and getting onto the header at the far post makes me think Levy needs to get over there and call in any favours he has left over from the Berba deal. Hernandez does that far post header thing better than strikers twice his size.

I would rather have Benteke

I want Chelsea to win, that way they have more games to play and Utd do not easy once they have won the league which will be good for us as they have to play both Chelsea and the Goons

I disagree.

The disruption to our fixtures is not worth the addition to theirs.

Plus extra time.. :p

I would rather have Benteke

Im still unconvinced by Benteke...I know he's looked immense this season, but I always think you need two seasons in the Prem before you can be certified. Hernandez hasnt been awesome for the whole of his time here, but imo the things that you are sure of in his game are quite suited to what we need. I hear u on Benteke for the hold up play tho.

But it is important that Man Utd does not rest players against Chelsea or Ardenal because they are still in the cup

Well the semi final weekend is the 14th, which is nowhere near when United play Chelsea or Arsenal anyway.

So that's not really relevant.

Im still unconvinced by Benteke...I know he's looked immense this season, but I always think you need two seasons in the Prem before you can be certified. Hernandez hasnt been awesome for the whole of his time here, but imo the things that you are sure of in his game are quite suited to what we need. I hear u on Benteke for the hold up play tho.

Hernandes has to play with a partner, Benteke can play with a partner and lead the line on his own. You also need to appreciate that Benteke is still just 22,he has so much potential and will improve. I honestly think in a couple of years time he will be so good that we simply be priced out by bigger and more importantly richer clubs. Adebayor has more more than 2 seasons in this this league, does that make him certifed?

Well the semi final weekend is the 14th, which is nowhere near when United play Chelsea or Arsenal anyway.

So that's not really relevant.

I do not want Utd to get to the final, because if they do Fergie will field "weaker" teams once the league has been won. The sooner he gets knocked out of the cup the more likely he will go for the maximum points record and field teams to win all remaining league matches. So I think it is very relevant. He will have no excuse that he knneds to rest players

I do not want Utd to get to the final, because if they do Fergie will field "weaker" teams once the league has been won. The sooner he gets knocked out of the cup the more likely he will go for the maximum points record and field teams to win all remaining league matches. So I think it is very relevant. He will have no excuse that he knneds to rest players

They face City in the Semi's if they get there. Anything but easy.

Also i'd rather not rely on Manchester United's results to make sure we get Champions League football.

It would be better for our fixtures to play Chelsea on the 14th, which i am far more concerned about as our qualification is in our hands.

This is all pretty much redundant anyway, looks like Chelsea have it. I think our midweek against them is going to cause us issues.

Lack of real intensity from Man U at the end of that game suggested none of them really fancied another 30 minutes. All good, though. More games for Chelsea to concentrate on, plus United are more likely to keep their foot on the gas right to the end of the league season.

Yes, our fixture against Chelsea will be moved.

***European Fixture H***
SUN APR 7 EVERTON H​ 4.05 2-0
***European Fixture A***
SUN APR 14 CHELSEA A 16.00 0-0
SUN APR 21 Emirates Marketing Project H 13.30 1-5
***Potential European Fixture***
SAT APR 27 WIGAN A 15.00 2-1
SAT MAY 4 SOTON H 15.00 2-0 Blackburn
***Chelsea rescheduled***
SUN MAY 12 STOKE A 15.00 1-2
SUN MAY 19 SUNDERLAND H 16.00 1-0

would be my guess, would have much preferred to keep it where it was looking at that.

gonna be playing 2 games a week from the Emirates Marketing Project game onward (that is if we advance in the EL of course ;))

Last edited:
Hernandes has to play with a partner, Benteke can play with a partner and lead the line on his own. You also need to appreciate that Benteke is still just 22,he has so much potential and will improve. I honestly think in a couple of years time he will be so good that we simply be priced out by bigger and more importantly richer clubs. Adebayor has more more than 2 seasons in this this league, does that make him certified?

I wasnt really questioning Benteke's ability, more just pointing out that there have been plenty of strikers who seemed brilliant in their early time in the league buthave gone on to be quite unremarkable. Adebayor is actually a good example of this...his two good spells [each of about half a season, several years apart] paint a vastly different picture than the time in between. In the situation that we're in I think that to be quite relevant, as we already have two streaky strikers, we need to be weary not to get another one. Last season Patinkle Cisse looked world class, would you still have him now? I worry about spending a fortune on him now, as i do about spending a fortune on any striker who hasnt consistently scored goals at the highest level.

Im not so sure about this "Hernandez has to play with a partner" stuff. We were told for years that defoe has to play with a partner, and cant play on his own, but then that seems to have been more influenced by who that partner has been, and the type of football the rest of the team is playing. Given that Bale now seems quite secure in his new role, whoever we get wouldnt be "leading the line on his own" in any case; again, imo its the supporting cast around them that are most important to what sort of striker we should be trying to get, and whether theyll do well. Would you be happy if we spent 15m on Benteke and he was simply used to hold the ball up for Bale? Or would you judge him by his goal tally?

Lack of real intensity from Man U at the end of that game suggested none of them really fancied another 30 minutes. All good, though. More games for Chelsea to concentrate on, plus United are more likely to keep their foot on the gas right to the end of the league season.

Agreed

Best result all around for us - we can save a bit in the tank against Basel at home and go strong against them away and beat them there.

Better to play Chelsea with a few more points on them than we have now.

Hope they win the semi as well. Wigan-Chelsea final will mean both them and Arsenal have to play midweek before their final game.

Fergie will be fuming - expect a backlash and for them to win every game till the end of the season.

Havent read through the last few pages on this but any news on what the back-up date for our league game v them was?

Hopefully it will be the midweek directly after their semi so that it continues their long run of games and means that we'll have had almost a week off

***European Fixture H***
SUN APR 7 EVERTON H​ 4.05 2-0
***European Fixture A***
SUN APR 14 CHELSEA A 16.00 0-0
SUN APR 21 Emirates Marketing Project H 13.30 1-5
SAT APR 27 WIGAN A 15.00 2-1
SAT MAY 4 SOTON H 15.00 2-0 Blackburn
***Chelsea rescheduled***
SUN MAY 12 STOKE A 15.00 1-2
SUN MAY 19 SUNDERLAND H 16.00 1-0

would be my guess, would have much preferred to keep it where it was looking at that.

gonna be playing 2 games a week consistently now from Emirates Marketing Project game onward (that is if we advance in the EL of course ;))

It could be put in place for Wednesday 17th April which would actually be a good thing. We will have had nearly a weeks rest - They will have had what you would expect to be a hard trip to Moscow followed by a gruelling Semi final against City with around 2 days rest time before playing us 3 days afterwards.

I am hopeful it can be put in place for that day as this result will then work very much in our favour. Lets hope for extra time against City at Wembley too!

Havent read through the last few pages on this but any news on what the back-up date for our league game v them was?

Hopefully it will be the midweek directly after their semi so that it continues their long run of games and means that we'll have had almost a week off

Just seen that they already have a game then! Fulham away - and then they play Liverpool the weekend after. Nice fixture pile up for them.

Back