• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

SWP29... How do you feel about the game as a whole now? It's genuinely not a loaded question, I'm intrigued about how a fan whose side has been given a windfall feels about the game now. More passionate, less, love it more than ever?

I know most fans I now say their love for the game would die if we were taken over and given a huge cash injection. That's how I feel right now, but footballs funny like that, it sucks you back in when you try your hardest to act like a grown man, and not let the football result dictate your whole week!

Don't worry about it, if I didn't like confrontation I certainly wouldn't have signed up to GG!
As for the state of the game today, an ideal footballing world would see a much more even financial field. Wage caps and genuine transfer budgets would be implemented, which would ensure stability and allow teams to literally build for the future. Better training facilities and internal and community investment would give clubs a constant way of growing.

However, I know that sounds extremely communist so I suppose football is better if clubs grow independently. Therefore, outside investment is an inevitable event. It's happened long before Chelsea did it. Contrary to what people say, I don't think it's the principle that they hate, but the scale.

As for my passion, it's a strange thing. I still love the club and always will, no matter what. But what I've grown up with is the unpredictability that following City brings. The idea of being the best team in England was always an unrealistic dream. So to actually achieve it - I don't think my feelings for football could ever get higher than they did after Aguero scored.

But as you said, it does suck you back in. But my passion for the game revolves around what happens on the pitch. At the end of the day, it is just a game. Perhaps that's as objective as I can get.

I would be careful what you wish for.

Mourinho will get you trophies, but what will you have to sacrifice to get them? His ability is unquestionable but he will make everyone else in England despise your team. His methods tend to do that, he seems to suck the soul out of the clubs he manages.

He is also a very short term option, he would only be with you for three years, that's just how he operates. He seems to enjoy the challenge at a new club, in a new enviroment. That and clubs he seems to manage have gone on to suffer in the long term.

What Emirates Marketing Project need is a manager who will create his own dynasty, you need someone who will be there for years to come. Basically you need a blue SAF, which wouldn't be easy to come by. Though if he was even a less successful version it would work.

Would you rather go down the Chelsea route? Go through manager after manager? When you are at the top and a new manager comes in he has a very limited time to prove himself.

Whilst i don't think Mancini is the right manager to take you forward, a manager in his mould with a bit more European experience would be perfect for you. Though nobody comes to mind, i tend to forget managers when they are out of sight.

I guess Rafa Benitez is free in the summer... :-"

Spot on again, you're on a roll today.

I personally wouldn't want Mourinho. The media carnival that follows him is just plain irritating. During the Madrid vs United matches, back pages were plastered with the most pointless, throwaway comments that Mourinho made in a two-minute interview. His job at Porto was phenomenal. But since then his shotgun approach to management screws teams over. Chelsea are still recovering, Inter have been crippled and Madrid are suffering from his neuroticism.

We do need a dynasty. We can't follow Chelsea, we need to learn from their mistakes. Which is the main argument to keep Mancini. But how many times can he get it wrong? He must have had about 4 seasons at Inter Milan and failed, and has embarrassed us twice now with a better team. But can we risk it? I think FFP will hold the answer to that. Alternative-wise, Jurgen Klopp has been mooted, though I doubt he'd fancy the step down. Pochettino from Malaga is fancied by many, too. I always wanted AVB to be Mancini's eventual successor. I think you still owe us after letting you have Adebayor so cheap? ;)

As for the "make everyone else in England despise your team", I'm pretty sure everyone already does?

Spot on again, you're on a roll today.

I personally wouldn't want Mourinho. The media carnival that follows him is just plain irritating. During the Madrid vs United matches, back pages were plastered with the most pointless, throwaway comments that Mourinho made in a two-minute interview. His job at Porto was phenomenal. But since then his shotgun approach to management screws teams over. Chelsea are still recovering, Inter have been crippled and Madrid are suffering from his neuroticism.

We do need a dynasty. We can't follow Chelsea, we need to learn from their mistakes. Which is the main argument to keep Mancini. But how many times can he get it wrong? He must have had about 4 seasons at Inter Milan and failed, and has embarrassed us twice now with a better team. But can we risk it? I think FFP will hold the answer to that. Alternative-wise, Jurgen Klopp has been mooted, though I doubt he'd fancy the step down. Pochettino from Malaga is fancied by many, too. I always wanted AVB to be Mancini's eventual successor. I think you still owe us after letting you have Adebayor so cheap? ;)

As for the "make everyone else in England despise your team", I'm pretty sure everyone already does?

Nah i don't think everyone in England hates City, people think that you were lucky to get the billionaire backing and you'd probably admit to that.

Hate is generally reserved for teams that do numerous c*ntish things or have c*ntish players. Like Suarez or Terry. You're no where near the hate that people have for Liverpool or Chelsea in my mind. Though i guess i could be biased being a spurs fan.

You've gotten rid of the player who was worst for those kind of events, Biblotelli, and you're far better for it.

On a side note, isn't Pochettino at Southampton now? Or am i think of a different Pochettino?

I doubt AVB is ready for such a role, he failed to control the ego's at Chelsea and hasn't really had that issue to deal with at Spurs. It would be a bit of a gamble.

Last edited:
Nah i don't think everyone in England hates City, people think that you were lucky to get the billionaire backing and you'd probably admit to that.

Hate is generally reserved for teams that do numerous c*ntish things or have c*ntish players. Like Suarez or Terry. You're no where near the hate that people have for Liverpool or Chelsea in my mind. Though i guess i could be biased being a spurs fan.

You've gotten rid of the player who was worst for those kind of events, Biblotelli, and you're far better for it.

On a side note, isn't Pochettino at Southampton now? Or am i think of a different Pochettino?

Isn't it Pellegrino at Malaga?

Anyway yeah I agree. I don't hate City, they were just too far below the radar before they won the lottery to hate.
I think a lot of fans just look at City with a bit of a cynical smile: it could literally be any team in the country winning the league (or not) like City are.
"City" is just a badge that could be completely interchangeable for any other that Arab billionaires may choose to purchase.

I certainly don't hate City.

It's last chance saloon for Villa, they should be getting it out to the wings and trying to get the ball into the box, but instead they are trying to play it cute and losing possession far too easily.

What is Lambert thinking?

Just watched Bayern destroy Hamburg. They could have scored 15. Still think Juve will knock them out of the CL though.

Oh and thanks Villa for ruining my acca ](*,)

Back