• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Watching ManU - Sunderland on MOTD...I have just realised what a dreadful player Titus Bramble is.

Where have you been hiding? A career littered with howlers and the concentration levels of a 2 year old, I am amazed he's forged a career in the PL.

Where have you been hiding? A career littered with howlers and the concentration levels of a 2 year old, I am amazed he's forged a career in the PL.

I can only guess his agent has made a fortune. If Hull get promoted I'd expect him to go there at some point.

Journo's are knobs on Sunday Supplement, talking about Mancini and why he shouldnt get sacked as he has done such a great job hahaha

Yeh spent £1bn, won 1 league and FA Cup, massively embarrased in the CL both times

The bloke is a brick manager

terryj4j7b.gif

Good old John Terry :lol:

Big money doesn't necessarily mean success. PSG didn't win their league last season. QPR are still struggling massively. Many managers at Chelsea have failed. You do need ability to manage all of the 'egos' and to get them to play well together.
Anyway, he has won 1 premier league out of three full seasons. In one of those we didn't win it he won the FA Cup, and we are in the semi of it again of the other.

And the £1bn figure is nowhere near true. I can't believe people still peddle that line.

Big money doesn't necessarily mean success. PSG didn't win their league last season. QPR are still struggling massively. Many managers at Chelsea have failed. You do need ability to manage all of the 'egos' and to get them to play well together.
Anyway, he has won 1 premier league out of three full seasons. In one of those we didn't win it he won the FA Cup, and we are in the semi of it again of the other.

And the £1bn figure is nowhere near true. I can't believe people still peddle that line.

Big money doesn't mean success, no. However it does massively raise the expectations of it.

He's won one premier league and one fa cup, that is in his favour. However there is a massive gap between you and the red side of Manchester this season. You are still in the FA cup, however you have Chelsea or United so that could go either way.

His European record is abysmal though, and that is where the top managers are rated.

If he wins the FA cup i can understand him being given another year, but if the Champions League failure reoccurs for a third year he should be removed. Partly because he seems out of his depth in Europe, and partly because i would bet your attempts to concur with FFP would be based upon your appearances in the elite knock out rounds.

Big money doesn't mean success, no. However it does massively raise the expectations of it.

He's won one premier league and one fa cup, that is in his favour. However there is a massive gap between you and the red side of Manchester this season. You are still in the FA cup, however you have Chelsea or United so that could go either way.

His European record is abysmal though, and that is where the top managers are rated.

If he wins the FA cup i can understand him being given another year, but if the Champions League failure reoccurs for a third year he should be removed. Partly because he seems out of his depth in Europe, and partly because i would bet your attempts to concur with FFP would be based upon your appearances in the elite knock out rounds.

Good post, I agree wholeheartedly. His face will be in our history books because of last season and every City fan is immensely grateful for that. But I believe that City fans as a whole are extremely frustrated with him at the moment. Abysmal European performances, shifting the blame onto other people (Hart, Kompany, referees, backroom staff, Marwood), being embarrassed by United and weird interviews mean some doubts are arising now.

We're quite a patient bunch. We know how fortunate we are. We've hit depths few Premier League teams have hit. I often see people on here discussing the hard times, but 14 years ago we were getting beat away at Wycombe in Division Two. We appreciate the good times more than most. But it's all relative. We can't keep looking back and accepting that this is good enough. And if Mancini isn't good enough, so be it. But I think he is a good manager, which is opposite to what markysimmo was saying which prompted me to post.

Saying that, I'm not sure that winning the FA Cup will be enough to save him. Especially if Mourinho becomes available.

SWP29... How do you feel about the game as a whole now? It's genuinely not a loaded question, I'm intrigued about how a fan whose side has been given a windfall feels about the game now. More passionate, less, love it more than ever?

I know most fans I now say their love for the game would die if we were taken over and given a huge cash injection. That's how I feel right now, but footballs funny like that, it sucks you back in when you try your hardest to act like a grown man, and not let the football result dictate your whole week!

I would be careful what you wish for.

Mourinho will get you trophies, but what will you have to sacrifice to get them? His ability is unquestionable but he will make everyone else in England despise your team. His methods tend to do that, he seems to suck the soul out of the clubs he manages.

He is also a very short term option, he would only be with you for three years, that's just how he operates. He seems to enjoy the challenge at a new club, in a new enviroment. That and clubs he seems to manage have gone on to suffer in the long term.

What Emirates Marketing Project need is a manager who will create his own dynasty, you need someone who will be there for years to come. Basically you need a blue SAF, which wouldn't be easy to come by. Though if he was even a less successful version it would work.

Would you rather go down the Chelsea route? Go through manager after manager? When you are at the top and a new manager comes in he has a very limited time to prove himself.

Whilst i don't think Mancini is the right manager to take you forward, a manager in his mould with a bit more European experience would be perfect for you. Though nobody comes to mind, i tend to forget managers when they are out of sight.

I guess Rafa Benitez is free in the summer... :-"

Aston Villa: Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar, Baker, Bennett, Sylla, Westwood, Bannan, Weimann, Benteke, Agbonlahor. Subs: Given, El Ahmadi, N'Zogbia, Delph, Bowery, Dawkins, Lichaj.

Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Agger, Carragher, Jose Enrique, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Coutinho, Downing, Suarez. Subs: Jones, Sturridge, Coates, Suso, Sterling, Shelvey, Skrtel.

Referee: Lee Mason (Lancashire)

Come on Villa!

Agreed Lily. I don't particularly want any players from Villa, so not bothered if they survive.

Would be hilarious for Liverpool to finish 7/8/9th..

Back