• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here - are you comparing those two to our wingers Bale and Lennon?

Or did you realise United are not getting round the back of Everton's defence and are not penetrating because of it?

more the first one dude. and the fact that even though united have wingers they are more interested with keeping the ball and having lots of options in the middle. they still have width with evra and valencia though

but yes, i dont think our wide players should be constantly hugging the touchline...2 seasons ago when we first had VDV thats what harry made our wide players do and i hated it.

they need to vary it up more, come off that line, ghost away from it..angles runs inward beyond the defensive line for goal scoring runs etc etc...i really dont care for 'get your head down , just run beyond your man and cross' type of football 24/7. am in love with constant variety and options. which is why i love the wonky.

I actually don't mind Everton's football. The talk when Moyes was linked with us was that his football wasn't good enough for us, but it actually isn't that bad.

It isn't Barca style tiki taka, it isn't fluid, patient football, getting the full backs involved and playing for possession. It is more rigid, but it isn't always long ball. They can go direct to Fellaini, but most of the time, they get the ball forward quickly (on the floor or in the air, but they aren't Stoke) and once it is forward what they aim for is quick, short, rapid passes in order to create the opening for them. When they have the players to carry that off well they look good.

The league is going to be so competitive this season. Chelsea look strong now, the Manchester clubs. There's us. There's Arsenal who will always create chances even with RVP gone. But then below that there is Everton looking good with Pienaar and Jelavic there for the whole season, there's Saudi Sportswashing Machine whose front 3 of Ben Arfa, Ba and Cisse and spine of Cabaye and Tiote should be a match for anyone. If Liverpool adapt to Rodgers style and get a couple more players in they should do ok too. But I can see a lot of tough games for the top clubs against the clubs slightly below them, so it's gonna be a really competitive league. Every club mentioned above has players with the class to hurt anyone else.

I actually don't mind Everton's football. The talk when Moyes was linked with us was that his football wasn't good enough for us, but it actually isn't that bad.

It isn't Barca style tiki taka, it isn't fluid, patient football, getting the full backs involved and playing for possession. It is more rigid, but it isn't always long ball. They can go direct to Fellaini, but most of the time, they get the ball forward quickly (on the floor or in the air, but they aren't Stoke) and once it is forward what they aim for is quick, short, rapid passes in order to create the opening for them. When they have the players to carry that off well they look good.

The league is going to be so competitive this season. Chelsea look strong now, the Manchester clubs. There's us. There's Arsenal who will always create chances even with RVP gone. But then below that there is Everton looking good with Pienaar and Jelavic there for the whole season, there's Saudi Sportswashing Machine whose front 3 of Ben Arfa, Ba and Cisse and spine of Cabaye and Tiote should be a match for anyone. If Liverpool adapt to Rodgers style and get a couple more players in they should do ok too. But I can see a lot of tough games for the top clubs against the clubs slightly below them, so it's gonna be a really competitive league. Every club mentioned above has players with the class to hurt anyone else.

I think it's more to do with the fact that they have a few dirty players. Fellaini, Hibbert and Neville for example.

One factor you're forgetting though mate

Referee payments - Man C, Man U and Cheatski have all made their payments, whereas Levy is holding out for a £4 per half per match reduction

more the first one dude. and the fact that even though united have wingers they are more interested with keeping the ball and having lots of options in the middle. they still have width with evra and valencia though

but yes, i dont think our wide players should be constantly hugging the touchline...2 seasons ago when we first had VDV thats what harry made our wide players do and i hated it.

they need to vary it up more, come off that line, ghost away from it..angles runs inward beyond the defensive line for goal scoring runs etc etc...i really dont care for 'get your head down , just run beyond your man and cross' type of football 24/7. am in love with constant variety and options. which is why i love the wonky.

I know what you mean but you're forgetting (or ignoring) the third vital option; go down the line, beat your man, cut along into the box behind the defence and they are in more danger than DHSF's mattress.

Just because you are wide, doesn't mean you have to cross. You can also cut in and cut it back, which is more dangerous than cluttering up the middle IMO

I think Fellaini is a superb player and causes loads of problems just behind the striker. Really surprised no ones come in for him this summer. Arsenal could do with a player like him.

That was typical Man Utd wasn't it? Cut open, clear shot at goal, and the bar shakes.

Against Spurs that would be hitting the back of the net every time.

Fear factor.

So what's the deal with Hernandez? Not even on the bench?

And a bench with Berbatov and RVP, makes me sick...

That was typical Man Utd wasn't it? Cut open, clear shot at goal, and the bar shakes.

Against Spurs that would be hitting the back of the net every time.

Fear factor.

Yes. Everton are having a 'Spurs Day' Creating some great chances, hitting the bar, opp goalie having a good night. So we all know how its going to end.....RVP off the bench to score a late winner

Slightly off-topic, but did Van Persie only ever score one goal in a match televised by Sky?

Any time Sky are discussing him they keep showing the same f#ckin goal (equaliser in the 5-2 NLD)

Back