• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Re: **Official Other Teams & Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Well, this has turned into a bit of a non event.

Think there's another red in this.

Scary stuff :(

Dutch linesman beaten to death after shocking attack during youth game

A Dutch linesman has died after being beaten and kicked by several footballers during a youth game.

Richard Nieuwenhuizen collapsed and was rushed to the hospital hours after players from Amsterdam club Nieuw Sloten punched and kicked him.

Nieuwenhuizen's club, Buitenboys, said the 41-year-old linesman died Monday evening but did not announce the exact cause of death.

Three players, aged 15 and 16, were arrested earlier today for alleged involvement in the beating on Sunday in the town of Almere.

Dutch Sports Minister Edith Schippers told national broadcaster NOS even before the news of Nieuwenhuizen's death that 'it is absolutely terrible that something like this can happen on a Dutch sports field.'

Police spokeswoman Leonie Bosselaar said shortly before the linesman's death was announced that the players were still in custody and investigations were continuing. She added that police would not rule out arresting more suspects.

Nieuw Sloten said in a statement on its website it has banned the players involved and pulled their team out of the league.

The statement said such incidents 'do not belong on a football field.'
Both clubs canceled all training scheduled for today.

Ajax manager Frank De Boer said: 'I'm not aggressive so cannot imagine how such a thing could happen. It makes you wonder about their education. This is too crazy.'

From a technical ability point of view, this game's been really poor. gutierez, Beuasejour and Collocini (spelling I know) look like they've never played football before at times

Saudi Sportswashing Machine vs Wigan: Only Wigan (12) have given away more penalties in the last 2 PL seasons than Saudi Sportswashing Machine (10)

Add another one today

Wigan play some great stuff, I do like Martinez as a manager

Martinez was my first choice as Manager.

He will manage a bigger team but has stayed loyal to Wigan.

What I like about Martinez is that he installs the method of his team through the ranks and drills it into every player, he also buys players for his tactics and style of play. I credit him for getting Swansea how they are playing now. He started all that off. I hope he does get a better job and I am confident he will do but as you say he stays loyal to Wigan and I respect him for that. Seems like a nice bloke too.

Great shot but Cisse is offside by a yard when the assist is played through.

Martinez was my first choice as Manager.

He will manage a bigger team but has stayed loyal to Wigan.

The fantastic Wigan finish to last season may have tempted Martinez to try and boost his stock a bit more by a repeat this season. Just not working out for them at the moment.

Is there no Premier League games on Sky this weekend? all the fixtures (according to the BBC at least) are 3pm Kick-Offs.

I'm none too bothered about watching any of the games, but still, a touch unusual? wondering the reason behind it.

Is there no Premier League games on Sky this weekend? all the fixtures (according to the BBC at least) are 3pm Kick-Offs.

I'm none too bothered about watching any of the games, but still, a touch unusual? wondering the reason behind it.

Emirates Marketing Project vs United 1.30pm Sunday and West Ham vs Liverpool at 4.00pm

Never trust BBC. They are less reliable than Sky with their football news.

Sorry, I meant to say 'Saturday' instead of 'this weekend'

Sorry, I meant to say 'Saturday' instead of 'this weekend'

Good app for IO6 is called football on tv, lists out all games on english tv with times, channels etc..

There are no saturday games this week, two on sunday and one on monday night

Good app for IO6 is called football on tv, lists out all games on english tv with times, channels etc..

There are no saturday games this week, two on sunday and one on monday night

I've just downloaded that. Thanks.

Are any of the CL games tonight NOT dead rubber matches?

I've just downloaded that. Thanks.

Are any of the CL games tonight NOT dead rubber matches?

All the teams that are through to the next round is settled. The only question is City or Ajax to the Europa League. The same for Zenit and Anderlecht, but that's not really interesting.

All the teams that are through to the next round is settled. The only question is City or Ajax to the Europa League. The same for Zenit and Anderlecht, but that's not really interesting.

Meh. I suppose I'll watch Dortmund humiliate City.

Back