• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Re: **Official Other Teams & Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

Cracking freekick from Gardner onto the post and horrible miss by Kilgallon

Pilkington has looked really good whenever I've seen him, not saying we should be in for him or anything but he looks a very good player

Not sure I've mentioned it before but Danny Rose is going to be pretty damn good.

Too good for this Sunderland team.

He's been fantastic yet again and is going to be an awesome LB.

Amazing what a season of PL football can do for a player, just like Walker, Naughton and Caulker. Haven't gotten to see much of Rose at all this season, but will he stake a claim for the LB spot at the Lane next season?

Really encouraging to read those positive comments. Amazing what a run in the first X1 can do. If he continues to progress he could save us a lot of money

I think unless we get champions league, with Benny, Verts and Naughton Rose wouldn't get enough game time to satisfy him and he'd moan like fudge about it.

He's passionate and a feisty little bastard as well, which can be a really good thing, but in terms of his Spurs future I think it'll be a bad thing and he'll probably leave in the summer for 6/7m. All the best to him if he does as well.

Jan will be at CB and I hope we never see Naughton at LB again for us. Benny won't be around forever, I'll be really annoyed if we sell him.

Jan will be at CB and I hope we never see Naughton at LB again for us. Benny won't be around forever, I'll be really annoyed if we sell him.

Did Kyle have a disastrous game at LB for us? I've seen him play there a few times and he's done well, but I haven't been able to watch much recently. Benny will be 1st choice LB for the next four seasons if he wants to be. Vertonghen can provide cover. Just don't see Rose sitting patiently on the bench after getting a season of playing first team, think it's very unlikely. I think he will be a very good LB in the future though

No, Naughton hasn't been a disaster but he's hardly been convincing. I'm just not a fan of a having a right footed left back, doesn't work for me. I don't think it's fair on him either when he's obviously a lot more comfortable on his natural side.

Another relegation six-pointer tomorrow with Saudi Sportswashing Machine - Wigan

Did Kyle have a disastrous game at LB for us? I've seen him play there a few times and he's done well, but I haven't been able to watch much recently. Benny will be 1st choice LB for the next four seasons if he wants to be. Vertonghen can provide cover. Just don't see Rose sitting patiently on the bench after getting a season of playing first team, think it's very unlikely. I think he will be a very good LB in the future though

Naughton was shocking playing LB away at Gooner scum but i think he's a good full back generally. I do not want us to sell Rose though.

Naughton playing adequately at left back shows he is a useful player to have around. But he isn't a starting left back so we should judge him on performances at right back. If he passes that test, then the left back makes him more valuable.

It would be funny if we ended up with Bale on the left wing and Rose at left back. It would also be a good thing as we should be flexible in where players play and avoid pigeon-holing them too early.

Chelsea: Roman Abramovich running out of managers - Wilkins

Ex-Chelsea assistant boss Ray Wilkins believes club owner Roman Abramovich is running out of managerial options.

Wilkins, who worked under Abramovich for two years, said: "He is running out of options. If Guardiola was to come in and got sacked, where do you go?"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20572179

The man makes a good, yet slightly amusing, point.

Last edited:

He should just appoint himself as manager.

Back