• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Watched Non-stop tonight, predictable fare, annoying text alerts but ok for a once through. Liam Neeson's voice continually invoked memories of his Lego Movie character though. Seems like the good cop/bad cop from that movie is ingrained within my mind.

Anyway, overall i couldn't recommend watching the film, but I do think that some of the poor reviews are overly harsh.

Watched Non-stop tonight, predictable fare, annoying text alerts but ok for a once through. Liam Neeson's voice continually invoked memories of his Lego Movie character though. Seems like the good cop/bad cop from that movie is ingrained within my mind.

Anyway, overall i couldn't recommend watching the film, but I do think that some of the poor reviews are overly harsh.

I hope it's more bad cop voice than good cop voice. :lol:

Cheers for the feedback, going to see it tomorrow night. Neeson is one of my favourite actors, really looking forward to this

Finally saw Rush last night and loved it great film.

Shame they don't race in F1 anymore ...

100% agree on both counts.

This was my favourite era of FOrmula 1 with some of my favourite all-time drivers. Jacques Laffite in his Ligier, Patrick Depailler, Jody Scheckter,Jean-Pierre Jarier. Good times

100% agree on both counts.

This was my favourite era of FOrmula 1 with some of my favourite all-time drivers. Jacques Laffite in his Ligier, Patrick Depailler, Jody Scheckter,Jean-Pierre Jarier. Good times

Probably not the fred for it, but it's hard to go past the Senna/Prost era, with Piquet and Mansell playing supporting roles. That Senna doco is sublime.

Probably not the fred for it, but it's hard to go past the Senna/Prost era, with Piquet and Mansell playing supporting roles. That Senna doco is sublime.

Agreed used to watch this when young with my dad.

Senna was also a brilliant film been two good f1 films recent also in the preview for rush there's another f1 doc/film coming out in march looks good

Looks pretty epic to me (in relation to the Noah trailer).

Looks like Jesus-sucking noncesense. I really hope they keep the bit where his son catches him w4nking so he curses his own grandson to a life of servitude.

It could have been such a good film if Noah had just turned out to be a mental hearing voices - could have been an interesting exploration of religion and mental illness.

Never take any notice of the Oscars, but this year I had watched all but one of the films nominated so thought I'd check out the list of winners.

Best picture: 12 Years a Slave
Best director: Alfonso Cuaron - Gravity
Best actor: Matthew McConaughey - Dallas Buyers Club
Best actress: Cate Blanchett - Blue Jasmine
Best supporting actor: Jared Leto, Dallas Buyers Club
Best supporting actress: Lupita Nyong'o - 12 Years a Slave

I will never get my head around the success of Gravity. Biggest pile of pish I have seen in a long time. Off the 3d screen, that film won't stand up to the test of time.

Never take any notice of the Oscars, but this year I had watched all but one of the films nominated so thought I'd check out the list of winners.

I will never get my head around the success of Gravity. Biggest pile of pish I have seen in a long time. Off the 3d screen, that film won't stand up to the test of time.

Are there many films that won oscars that were later on considered a bit ****? Honest question, was just wondering.

=D>

How on earth the director won best director I will never know. What special directing talents did it really need?

Watched Old Boy (the remake) thought it was ok but nothing special. Never seen the original but heard its better so may give that a go.

I don't get the hate for Gravity, I'm not saying it deserved the best picture (I thought Dallas Buyers Club was the best of the films nominated) but it was visually stunning and gripping throughout.

I don't get the hate for Gravity, I'm not saying it deserved the best picture (I thought Dallas Buyers Club was the best of the films nominated) but it was visually stunning and gripping throughout.

I never found myself truly immersed in the film. I could appreciate the individual, and collective, efforts that had been put in by the team behind the film but it just didn't do it for me.

I think Rush should have been more decorated at the Awards.

Ok watched ol boy the original - just didnt like it. Judging by the reviews on the web etc the general consensus is that it is better than the remake but I just didnt enjoy it as much.

Back