• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

I thought it was a really good film tbh, not a great film but 4 stars out of 5 nonetheless. It's stunning visually no one can argue that. I just think it's become popular to slate it, some people genuinely don't like it and I accept that, but I would bet a lot of people that pasted it secretly enjoyed it.

The most disappointing film I've seen in the last few weeks/months is American Hustle. It was just Ok, nothing special, a lot of style but no substance despite some funny moments.

The best films I've seen recently are 12 Years A Slave and Dallas Buyers Club.

Watching that trailer has made me think that Clooney's character might have been one of the main things that I didn't like about it... just ridiculous behaviour in the circumstances, so cheesy.

Watching that trailer has made me think that Clooney's character might have been one of the main things that I didn't like about it... just ridiculous behaviour in the circumstances, so cheesy.

Well he's basically playing himself but as an astronaut, but then again you would like to think astronauts would be calm and collected in situations like that. You often here how pilots of airplanes save a plane from certain doom due to being calm and cool under pressure.

I thought it was a really good film tbh, not a great film but 4 stars out of 5 nonetheless. It's stunning visually no one can argue that. I just think it's become popular to slate it, some people genuinely don't like it and I accept that, but I would bet a lot of people that pasted it secretly enjoyed it.

The most disappointing film I've seen in the last few weeks/months is American Hustle. It was just Ok, nothing special, a lot of style but no substance despite some funny moments.

The best films I've seen recently are 12 Years A Slave and Dallas Buyers Club.

I found 12 years a slave to be overrated. I didnt enjoy it although the story was moving and I appreciated the acting to be excellent.

Dallas Buyers Club was exceptional and MM, as mentioned on this thread previously, is exceptional in it

Well he's basically playing himself but as an astronaut, but then again you would like to think astronauts would be calm and collected in situations like that. You often here how pilots of airplanes save a plane from certain doom due to being calm and cool under pressure.

Calm and collected is one thing, totally chilled out and smooth and cheesy is another.

I found 12 years a slave to be overrated. I didnt enjoy it although the story was moving and I appreciated the acting to be excellent.

Dallas Buyers Club was exceptional and MM, as mentioned on this thread previously, is exceptional in it

Agree, it's a travesty that 12 YAS is gonna win the best picture Oscar, it's all a bit too black and white, the good stories lie in the gray areas. Dallas Buyers Club is a far better and more moving film.

Agree, it's a travesty that 12 YAS is gonna win the best picture Oscar, it's all a bit too black and white, the good stories lie in the gray areas. Dallas Buyers Club is a far better and more moving film.

I wouldn't have a problem if DBC wins best picture, as long as American Hustle or Nebraska don't win it.

Today I saw the Lego movie and the monuments men.

The Lego movie is fun, pokes at itself quite a lot and should appeal to all ages. Is got some old school jokes in it and some modern ones. Mates at work had said it was good, overall I enjoyed it but it was just good for me and not much else.

Monuments men was a decent film if a little slow and boring at times. Some quality acting and some silly jokes but the main thrust of the story takes a long while to really get in its stride. But it did evoke emotion foot me at points. Glad I watched it but I won't rush to see either movie again in the future.

Re watched Godfather part 1 this weekend. Still insanely good.

Recently I watched Annie Hall, which immediately became one of my favourite comedies. Just suits my sense of humour, rather subtle. Going to watch Manhattan tonight.

Also watched Serpico yesterday, on a bit of a Pacino 70's binge. Brilliant film, he was cool as f**k in it

Yeah, Serpico rocks.

May I suggest Dog Day Afternoon as another 70's Pacino film to add to your binge. One of my favourites.

Yeah, Serpico rocks.

May I suggest Dog Day Afternoon as another 70's Pacino film to add to your binge. One of my favourites.

great film. i ****ing love pacino and john cazale. he used to bang a young meryl streep back in the day.

Had a bit of a binge..."Lincoln" was more interesting than I thought it would be..stellar cast helped. "Trance" was confusing until i saw Rosario Dawson's **** which made it clear and worth the time & effort. "Philomena" was rather good; heart wrenchingly good. "Filth" was disgustingly good fun and a more than a little sad. Inside Llewyn Davis was quirky but achingly beautiful.

Yeah, Serpico rocks.

I saw the first half an hour of that a while ago but had to go out so never saw then end. Looked brilliant. It's not on netflix so i'll have to get the DVD, but it is definitely in my to watch list

Lego Movie...

It was actually pretty funny and very entertaining! I would recomend anyone that loved playing with Lego when they were younger just watch it even if it is for nostalgic reasons!

Back