• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Anyone seen Blue Caprice?

I did...I 'think' I liked it...plays out a bit like an arthouse Spike Lee movie filmed through an experimental jazz-tinged cloud of weed...some precise attention to detail for sure...overall very intriguing on the one hand but at the end, you just sort of think 'oh, ahh, hmmm' and will quickly have moved on before bedtime...

Watched Filth on Saturday night, and Captain Phillips tonight.

I'd say that Filth was difficult to watch but I thought that it was a good film with an excellent performance from the cast. I was surprised that with its dark nature and the hallucinations, the film almost felt like a horror but it was definitely one that I'll remember for some time to come. I may well watch it again on Wednesday, still deciding.

As for Captain Phillips, again an excellent film in all it's parts but I found that I didn't enjoy the film half as much as I would have liked. I think part of it was tiredness, mixed with the length of the film, at over 2 hours it's typical of films these days but equally with the tiredness it meant that I felt I was sat there waiting for things to happen but able to forecast many of the events of the film. I thought Tom Hanks was excellent and I would recommend it as a film to watch but I'm not entirely convinced that I'll be rushing to see it again.

Undfeated (2011) was on Film4 tonight.

An Oscar winning documentary directed by Daniel Lindsay and T.J. Martin that follows a High School American Football team the Manassas Tigers of Memphis who have suffered nearly 14 consecutive 0-10 (win less) seasons whilst also having never won a play-off game in their 110 year history. Their coach, a volunteer, attempts to change their fortunes.

Easily the best documentary I have watched in years, incredible.

8/10

Last edited:
I didn't realise Captain Philips had even been released?

Not to the general public it hadn't been, no. I get to see early releases as I'm a Cineworld Card holder. I've seen Rush, Prisoners, Now You See Me and Life of Pi...and others at least a few days before they were released. It's one of the benefits of being a card holder.

Watched Gravity in 3D this past weekend. It was really good up until the last 20 minutes when it gets a little too Hollywood-happy-ending for my taste but otherwise well worth the money. The effects were pretty spectacular.

Also watched the Hitch**** version of "Psycho" and it was brilliant. Never seen it before and the pace with which he tells his stories is perfect. Thoroughly loved it!

The scene where DiCaprio (sp?) cuts his hand was an accident but he kept going and it looked so good that they kept it in the film.

I'm going to watch it again off sky as I've only seen it once.

Is that definitely true? I suspected so as I watching it!

Personally I thought it was a really good film until the last half-hour, where it all fell apart for me and started to drag.

Undfeated (2011) was on Film4 tonight.

An Oscar winning documentary directed by Daniel Lindsay and T.J. Martin that follows a High School American Football team the Manassas Tigers of Memphis who have suffered nearly 14 consecutive 0-10 (win less) seasons whilst also having never won a play-off game in their 110 year history. Their coach, a volunteer, attempts to change their fortunes.

Easily the best documentary I have watched in years, incredible.

8/10

just watched undefeated on this recommendation, and I have to agree...what an incredibly moving piece of story-telling. Thank you for your post

Watched Man of steel last night, what a load of over hyped ****e! I felt like I was watching the last scene from Avengers all over again.

You mean you didn't feel like you were watching a Nikon ad? That ****ed me off, having to pay to watch an advert, and it was blatant advertising for a while.

Haha yeah I noticed that, the bit at the beginning when we first meet lois. Almost as bad as that Bond film, Sony Royale.

Ok.. lol Tonight we watched Les Mis, this weeks top Sky premier movie, nice bottle of red wine each.. freshly roasted nuts and cheese for nibbles. And at the end the Mrs was in tears and I have to admit I got quite emotional near the end. It was the wine talking of course, that would never happen normally, ok maybe when I watch that show with Davina and Nicky Campbell bring long lost family members back together it happens, but not normally. Anyway, we both enjoyed it actually, another film that flew by (nearly 3hrs). Anyway.. serious pts for me tonight, at least a weekend away with the lads earned.

Ok.. lol Tonight we watched Les Mis, this weeks top Sky premier movie, nice bottle of red wine each.. freshly roasted nuts and cheese for nibbles. And at the end the Mrs was in tears and I have to admit I got quite emotional near the end. It was the wine talking of course, that would never happen normally, ok maybe when I watch that show with Davina and Nicky Campbell bring long lost family members back together it happens, but not normally. Anyway, we both enjoyed it actually, another film that flew by (nearly 3hrs). Anyway.. serious pts for me tonight, at least a weekend away with the lads earned.

Thats deserving of a BJ mate ;) haha - not sure how you did all that

I was literally in tears, funniest scene in the whole film.

Watched J. Edgar last night

j_edgar_movie_trailer.jpg

Astonished it got the publicity that it did considering the cast, the real life story (one of America's most famous men) and directed by Clint Eastwood, hardly knew about it until my brother suggested it.

Over all a very good film, hardly any action I'm afraid but I thought it was a brilliant portrayal of someone who was both a hero and villain even during the best of times, due mainly to his ability to understand secrets.

J Edgar is absolutely fantastic. saw it on a plane, rented it out to watch properly when i got home, really, really good. sad, funny, interesting and great performances.

Watched This is the end at the weekend, good for a laugh but not brilliant, although the severed head moment had me in stitches!

[video=youtube;ILnE7dEhCcc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILnE7dEhCcc[/video]

Watched This is the end at the weekend, good for a laugh but not brilliant, although the severed head moment had me in stitches!

[video=youtube;ILnE7dEhCcc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILnE7dEhCcc[/video]

Mate - I like those type of comedies - the brainless type but This is the End is UTTER SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITE.

Back