• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

Bana's best performance....

[video=youtube;G3VnX0hf_yM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3VnX0hf_yM[/video]

A few good movies coming out soon. Rush and Gravity.

Heard good things about both.

Really enjoyed the Senna documentary so hoping Rush has a similar feel. Hemsworth is a champ as well. Can't think of a movie he's been in that I didn't like. (Home & Away isn't a movie!!)

Heard really good things about Gravity.

i would imagine the feel is completely different: one being a documentary totally made of up of real footage; the other being a fictionalised account born out of hollywood, CGI an' all.

Senna was utterly gripping, fantastic. i'm sure Rush is good and has been reviewed well but i think it'll lack some authenticity (judging by some reaction and short clips i've seen). that said, the guy playing Lauda is surely his clone?!

looking forward to Gravity. a real sucker for sci-fi (Moon, Sunshine) - Clooney and Bullock wouldn't usually be my actors of choice, but hey, this has reviewed well too, so fingers crossed.

Off to watch Filth tonight. Welsh is my favourite author and can not wait to see it

P.orno is getting made into a film, the sequel to Trainspotting. Apparently he is working on the script over the next year, film the year after and sometime in 2016 it will be out

Watched Django unchained last night and have to say its the best film I have seen in a good number of years. 169mins flew by. I honestly could not fault a single bit of it. Thoroughly entertaining, and the first film in ages that I think in a couple of months time I could sit down and watch again.

Watched Django unchained last night and have to say its the best film I have seen in a good number of years. 169mins flew by. I honestly could not fault a single bit of it. Thoroughly entertaining, and the first film in ages that I think in a couple of months time I could sit down and watch again.

My only criticisms of it are it was too long and unnecessarily violent. I really enjoyed it too though. QT's best film since Pulp Fiction.

My only criticisms of it are it was too long and unnecessarily violent. I really enjoyed it too though. QT's best film since Pulp Fiction.

I find longer films harder to watch in the cinema, but I didn't even notice the length of it, it was only when the Mrs said it was nearly 1am that I looked to see how long it was. The violence is basically Tarantino's MO though isn't it,

SPOILER I guess the bit where the white workers of Candy land all stormed the house was a bit arcade game shootem up, but apart from that the rest was in keeping with the film IMO SPOILER.

I find longer films harder to watch in the cinema, but I didn't even notice the length of it, it was only when the Mrs said it was nearly 1am that I looked to see how long it was. The violence is basically Tarantino's MO though isn't it,

SPOILER I guess the bit where the white workers of Candy land all stormed the house was a bit arcade game shootem up, but apart from that the rest was in keeping with the film IMO SPOILER.

Yeah but even by his standards I thought some of the violence was a bit much. I have quite a high tolerance for violence in film/tv, but some of it was unnecessary.

I absolutely loved the KKK scene:

[video=youtube;A7XpvbzYqbI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7XpvbzYqbI[/video]

Yeah but even by his standards I thought some of the violence was a bit much. I have quite a high tolerance for violence in film/tv, but some of it was unnecessary.

I absolutely loved the KKK scene:

[video=youtube;A7XpvbzYqbI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7XpvbzYqbI[/video]

I was literally in tears, funniest scene in the whole film.

Watched J. Edgar last night

j_edgar_movie_trailer.jpg

Astonished it got the publicity that it did considering the cast, the real life story (one of America's most famous men) and directed by Clint Eastwood, hardly knew about it until my brother suggested it.

Over all a very good film, hardly any action I'm afraid but I thought it was a brilliant portrayal of someone who was both a hero and villain even during the best of times, due mainly to his ability to understand secrets.

Pacific rim is horrendous. Suppose the fact the trailers had none of the actors/acting in it sold it that it might be half
Decent

The scene where DiCaprio (sp?) cuts his hand was an accident but he kept going and it looked so good that they kept it in the film.

I'm going to watch it again off sky as I've only seen it once.

Yeah the KKK scene is a brilliant, kinda reminded me of Monty Python a little.

Did he do the injury when he brought out Ben to see the three spots

Its the Sky Premiere film this week as you say which is where we watched it.

The scene where they play Fur Elise on the harp is brilliant, great lighting, direction, its got the lot. Fantastic stuff.

Watched The Lone Ranger, at least an hour too long. Was ok but wont watch it again.

Monsters University - i quite enjoyed it, as did The Mrs.

I had a film day yesterday, no sport of any note was on to watch and it was ****ing it down

Watched Monsters University, The Way Way Back, Napoleon Dynamite and Anchorman

Back