• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Defoe

Defoe has been great this season, looked so much better in his all round game and just not been played because VDV and Ade have been so good. Then Saha comes in and jumps straight ahead of him in the squad (granted Defoe had a few niggles at first). Truly baffling. Harry not starting him is even more baffling than Gutterboys ridiculous opinion of him and that's only because Harry has a brain!

Thing is when VDV is fit then it will likely see both Defoe and Saha on the bench I reckon. Defoe will start in midweek though so lets hope he can cause some damage.

VDV will probably end up on the bench a fair bit. It's a good problem to have and I don't think there is much between any combination of these players.

VDV will probably end up on the bench a fair bit. It's a good problem to have and I don't think there is much between any combination of these players.

Agreed a good problem but we do need to get back on track because easier to manage player not starting when things are going well I would guess. Defoe has been unlucky this year, and I honestly think he will want to consider a move at the end of the season. Not sure VDV being benched though, even with his injuries he is a clear favourite and right so, no question that when playing well he has a major impact on the tempo of our play.

excellent man management by Harry - Defoe came in today to prove a point, and did with his goal.......he looks tinkled off and galvinsied

Defoe to go on a ten goal scoring spree until end of season

How is this excellent man management? Defoe has scored more goals this season than any other of our other striker - if he played more he would have scored even more goals

But that is simply not true, once he is fully fit he get straight back in the team which is a shame

How is this excellent man management? Defoe has scored more goals this season than any other of our other striker - if he played more he would have scored even more goals

I do think if he played more he would be getting 20 this season. I would definitely play him over Saha. and over VDV. Defoe, if i was him, deserves to be utterly tinkled off.

Harry said Defoe was unlucky because VdV was playing well - VdV injured 2 strikers played Defoe still not picked. Would not be a problem had we won, but we have had 2 bad results and are slipping back badly.

Surely the proof is in the pudding Saha and Ade have been pretty pony in the last 2 games. Harry is getting it wrong. VdV has stopped scoring as well.

I do think if he played more he would be getting 20 this season. I would definitely play him over Saha. and over VDV. Defoe, if i was him, deserves to be utterly tinkled off.

couldn't agree more

whats worse is that the club will probably lose him
and we will end up stuck with GB

He should be in the team ahead of Saha, is this yet another player who Redknapp has fallen out with?

How significant was it that Defoe scored today?

I think very.

As much as our defending for their first two goals especially was woeful, if we hadn't got at least one goal which our forward play deserved, I think our confidence to pick up three point regularly between now and the end would have really suffered. Imagine in a game when we are actually playing poorly I think our heads would drop so low, we'd almost be mentally be efeated before we started a game (like we sometimes seemed last season after the Blackpool game).
I also think most of the games in our run-in are made for Defoeand his directness and long-range capability (so long as that's not all he tries in our games).

I would rather today's 3-1 loss to a title challenger than the 3-1 loss to Blackpool last year (the writing for us missing 4th place was on the wall for me after that).

Hopefully we can beat Stevanage without conceding and then get a clean sheet away to Everton (they are on a REALLY good run at the minute, I'd take a draw though obviously i'd like 3).

Our set piece work will really need to be improved upon, because if there is a team that will test our defending of them to the limit it'll be Everton; they've recently beaten Chelski and Emirates Marketing Project, so will be confident of adding us to their big recent scalps.

Onwards and upwards.

COYS

Defoe will be off in the summer to further career, we're wasting such a talent on the bench. He may not be everyone's cup of tea, nor can he play up top on his own - but he does provide a good number of goals per season and should be apart of England's squad in the summer.

I agree. Not sure how Harry can be praised for 'excellent man management' when the player that comes onto the pitch to score, does so at 3-0 down with 10 minutes left. If anything, he should have been brought on at 2-0 when the game was still salvageable.

I agree. Not sure how Harry can be praised for 'excellent man management' when the player that comes onto the pitch to score, does so at 3-0 down with 10 minutes left. If anything, he should have been brought on at 2-0 when the game was still salvageable.

Defoe scores goals. Plaid him upfront all season on FM201 he scored 30goals. I plaid Saha, he scored 8 goals.

Hopefully the players wont be too down after that.

That was the performance, if not the result, I wanted to see from the players yesterday. Proud of the 1st half display in particular.
One of these days we will get a break against United

Defoe will probably leave in he summer, and I dont blame him. He plays, he scores, he's dropped.

Harry's biggest fault at the moment, no question. Defoe should have come on the second after they went 2 up. Not going to start with the Saha bashing, he's good to have at the club, but should be coming on at the 70 minute mark.

With VDV out, its ludicrous not to start Defoe, or at the very least, give him a half. 13 minutes is an insult, and the fact he still managed to score just backs up what most people are saying.

To be fair he's still crap. And it's still like playing with 10 men when he's on the pitch.

I hate us playing 2 forwards anyway. But Saha at least offers some strength, movement and link up play, even if he's a bit decrepit.

Hopefully Ade and Rafa will stay fit for the last 11 games and we'll buy better and younger 3rd and 4th choice forwards in the summer.

The fact you though Pav was better than Defoe, and now your glowing appraisal of what Saha has supposedly offered over the last few games, really shows that you will never look at Defoe objectively, and that your problem with him is personal.

13 goals, as a bit part player....he could hit 20 goals from the bench this season, and you'd still call him a hindrance to the side. Its obvious you dont care that you make yourself look silly with this nonsense, but the whole world knows your feelings on this, so, why not stay out of the Defoe threads, instead of constantly poisoning them.

The fact you though Pav was better than Defoe, and now your glowing appraisal of what Saha has supposedly offered over the last few games, really shows that you will never look at Defoe objectively, and that your problem with him is personal.

13 goals, as a bit part player....he could hit 20 goals from the bench this season, and you'd still call him a hindrance to the side. Its obvious you dont care that you make yourself look silly with this nonsense, but the whole world knows your feelings on this, so, why not stay out of the Defoe threads, instead of constantly poisoning them.

forget about what GB thinks, more important is why Redknapp is refusing to have more faith in Defoe. Very strange

Back