• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official Benoit Thread

Re: Assou-Ekotto: I say what I think ... if you don't like it, I don't care

Good lad, not just spouting the usual mealy-mouthed pap that most modern day footballers do =D>

The guy is a contradiction. Says he's in it for the money but plays for Cameroon instead of France which would have increased his earning potential.
Also he has an active twitter account where he engages with fans.

I don't believe for a second he's just in football for the money, he's emotionally invested in it whether he likes it or not.

He only plays for them because he had Evra and Clichy ahead of him for competition at France - fair call, I say

To be honest, I wouldn't have clicked on the Benoit thread if I saw it has new posts - I'd assume it was just chat about how he played v Leeds.

I clicked on this thread because the title caught my attention. I'm glad I did because I enjoyed reading that article. Good job Jordinho.

To be honest, I wouldn't have clicked on the Benoit thread if I saw it has new posts - I'd assume it was just chat about how he played v Leeds.

I clicked on this thread because the title caught my attention. I'm glad I did because I enjoyed reading that article. Good job Jordinho.

That was kind of the idea. The player threads will still exist for chat, but if there's something that everyone should see it can go in a thread of it's own. We can always merge later. ;)

Me too.

That was kind of the idea. The player threads will still exist for chat, but if there's something that everyone should see it can go in a thread of it's own. We can always merge later. ;)

That's how I think it should be. Merging later means occasional visitors can catch up more easily.

P.S. I don't think BAE is being hypocritical. The club pays his wages so he will be the best professional footballer he can. For international football it is about heart. If he was purely mercenary he would skip international.

BAE said:
I know how I speak maybe will not help me, but I don't care and I have too much confidence in me.

Ouch! This could only be better if he'd said

Benoit knows how Benoit speaks, but Benoit doesn't care and Benoit has too much confidence in Benoit.

Exactly - would never have got into the French squad. More feeling for Cameroon Walob.

Exactly - would never have got into the French squad. More feeling for Cameroon Walob.

Im not sure how anyone can come to that conclusion, given the way the man has gone in to detail about what he dislikes about France, it's culture and it's attitude towards 2nd generation immigrants.

Im not sure how anyone can come to that conclusion, given the way the man has gone in to detail about what he dislikes about France, it's culture and it's attitude towards 2nd generation immigrants.

My point is he would never have got a game from France ahead of the players who play in his position.

Exactly mate. He's ok but those 2 are considerably better unfortunately for us. He's much funnier on twitter though!

Technically he is a very good footballer, but his lapses in concentration and his casual attitude do worry me at times.

Seems to me quite insulting to say that he's basically lying about what country he feels he's mostly a part of and that those feelings towards his country is what made him chose as he did. I don't understand why Spurs fans would like to say that about a Spurs player. Especially when one of the things he's been known for is speaking his honest opinion.

Good interview as it often is from Ekotto.

You don't have to love Benny. I certainly don't. He's not as good as Clichy or Evra. He's a liability at times, and way overrated by many Spurs fans.

I fear for our high line now he's back. He was part of the problem, though not the main problem v Leeds. Here's hoping for Norwich. AT least he'll have a top keeper to save him and the others. :)

My point is he would never have got a game from France ahead of the players who play in his position.

well that isn't what you actually said was it? you implied that was the reason why he chose to play for Cameroon and what he says about having a stronger feeling for them over France is "a load of gonad*s"

i doubt he would have got much game time for them either, but after having him at the club for however many years and reading plenty of interviews with him I also doubt he'd be the type to spout flimflam about such topics

Last edited:

Calm down Billy pal it's ok for us to disagree. If he feels that way then good for him it's just as well though as, IMO, he wouldn't have got any caps for France.

Back