• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T The England Thread

I love how all the Emirates Marketing Project, manyoo, pool fans are up in arms about Parker's captaincy. Hope he has a good game tonight, let's the creative players free like he does with us.

To be fair i think the manyoo fans are fine with it, who have they got that would be a better option?

Does it really matter? The Captain in a football team does very little nowadays apart from be a face for the media. Unlike in Rugby or Cricket for example, in footie on the pitch the Captain is the manager.

Paker confirmed at captain.

The City fans are all frothing at the mouth, it appear getting stamped on by a city player places you in their bad books.

Proud for the lad, he puts his heart into most performances and is one of the bravest players i have seen in the game.

Emirates Marketing Project fans are the biggest bunch of whining, tinkle pot ****s in football.

Does it really matter? The Captain in a football team does very little nowadays apart from be a face for the media. Unlike in Rugby or Cricket for example, in footie on the pitch the Captain is the manager.

this

great day for Scotty and his family though

I think the name of the next England boss is known to the man himself, the FA, and Pearce, regardless of what any of them say. And I think that person will have had a little input into this squad, team and captain.

All adds up to the big dog Harry himself.

Correct choice in terms of position. Never think a GK should be appointed captain. Spot on psycho.

Psycho for England!

I wonder if 80,000 Spurs fans could fill Wembley tonight and sing "We want you to stay... Psycho Pearcey, we want you to stay..."\o/

I think the name of the next England boss is known to the man himself, the FA, and Pearce, regardless of what any of them say. And I think that person will have had a little input into this squad, team and captain.

All adds up to the big dog Harry himself.

i think if Redknapp had had any input for this squad then why didnt he pick nephew Frankie

Joseph Barton ‏ @Joey7Barton
Scott Parker ahead of Steven Gerrard.........I'm speechless. #whatafarce

Ryan Babel on Twitter:
"I see it already happening, Xavi laughing in his mind standing in front of Parker before the game with the referee thinking, "Who's he? " Lol"

Will Spencer on Twitter:
"Ryan Babel questioning if Xavi would know who Scott Parker is... 90% of the footballing world is thinking Ryan who?!? #flop #bbcsportsday"

Anyway, correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought Parker played in the 1-0 win over Spain...

I think as John Terry has proven many times - it does matter what type of person the captain is. I've captained my school sides, university side and Sunday teams - it was an honour and it really meant something. Now it might not have mattered at Uni but when I was a child, I may have looked up to footie team captains. Imagine Terry being that role model! Parker is a gent both on and off the pitch - okay, the kids might not dig his hairstyle but I'm sure it didn't bother those that adored Maradona, Valderamma, etc :D

It's the obvious choice to be honest, because he plays for the team. When Gerrard is captain he thinks he has to do it all himself and runs all over the pitch like a headless chicken (much like Beckham did too), and consequently is always out of position which effects the team shape. In all honesty though I'd rather Parker wasn't playing at all, I don't want to risk him getting injured in a stupid meaningless friendly, playing for a team about whom I don't give a brick.

Joseph Barton (@Joey7Barton)

Scott Parker ahead of Steven Gerrard.........I'm speechless. #whatafarce

Gerrard isn't long back from injury and although still a good player, isn't as good as he use to be. He also seems to be getting more and more injury prone.
Parker works hard and is a passionate player that can get a team up and motivated. I also think that as he has just won England player of the year, he deserves to be captain as a reward.
The Captain of the country should be someone that can be looked up too and respected. Most of the players are eejits but Scottie does seem to be a well rounded person.

Fans of other clubs don't rate Parker. I didn't rate him before we signed him despite watching him for 10 years or so. Shows what I knew eh??

Back