• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T The England Thread

Just have to hope and pray that they each play 45 minutes and don't get injured. Absolute waste of time these friendlies.

Fraizer Campbell seems like a nice lad, and he has done well since returning from that long term injury, but when he was with us he was truly awful. I'm not a massive fan of Defoe but he is light years ahead of Campbell.

That said, it makes sense for Pearce to select at least one or two uncapped players. Worth the risk from a selfish point of view. He won't be blamed if it doesn't work out, and he will be lauded if it does.

Personally I would have omitted Rooney from the squad and used this fixture to try out attacking options without him.

Bent misses out after his injury yesterday, but more shockingly so does Wayne Rooney and Tom Cleverley. Who could have guessed that a pointless friendly would lead to players withdrawing from the squad.

Walker out of England squad

Full-back joins Cleverley, Rooney & Bent in missing friendly

Last Updated: February 27, 2012 10:34am

Tottenham Hotspur full-back Kyle Walker has pulled out of the England squad to face the Netherlands at Wembley on Wednesday evening.

Walker played the full 90 minutes in Spurs' 5-2 defeat by North London rivals Arsenal on Sunday, but will not link up with the national team.

The 21-year-old made his England debut as a late substitute in the 1-0 home win over Spain in November after enjoying an impressive start to the season.

He then started his first game for England in the 1-0 victory over Sweden a few days later, but will miss out on the chance to add to his two caps.

The right-back joins Manchester United duo Tom Cleverley and Wayne Rooney, along with Aston Villa striker Darren Bent, in missing the midweek visit of the Dutch.

Caretaker manager Stuart Pearce must now decide whether to call up any replacements for the game, although he is spoilt for choice in Walker's position.

Emirates Marketing Project defender Micah Richards has been recalled to the England squad following Fabio Capello's resignation, while Liverpool's Glen Johnson is also an option.

Red Devils pair Phil Jones and Chris Smalling can also play at right-back, although the youngsters could start alongside each other at centre-half, or one will partner Chelsea's Gary Cahill

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12016/7551124/Walker-out-of-England-squad

VDV has withdrawn from the match with an ankle injury.

Hopefully just to get him fully fit for Sunday.

They were crazy to pick him to begin with, after all the little injuries he seems to have been having... Not match fit, so a midweek game would probably have done him in anyway...

I would have kevin davies and bobby zamora upfront for england, but then i don't give a fudge about england the country the ****s in the country or the brick hole football team.

PS. i was born here to english parents so i can say this.

Paker confirmed at captain.

The City fans are all frothing at the mouth, it appear getting stamped on by a city player places you in their bad books.

Proud for the lad, he puts his heart into most performances and is one of the bravest players i have seen in the game.

I love how all the Emirates Marketing Project, manyoo, pool fans are up in arms about Parker's captaincy. Hope he has a good game tonight, let's the creative players free like he does with us.

Back