• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T The England Thread

Wonder if Hart will get let off for that mistake as he does every time he makes one for Emirates Marketing Project.

Of course. Goalkeepers are good or bad. Mistakes by Cech and Hart are just the uncharacteristic mistake. Flaps by Gomes and De Gea are fundamental flaws in their technique and temperament.

Same old problems for England, sloppy in possession, can't keep the ball, dearth of creativity. Nothing will change, regardless of how much money we throw at buidling academies unless we start teaching kids how to keep the ball and not just get the ball up the pitch as quickly as possible.

Hope Mickey Quinn all the idiots who rang up talksport yesterday saying we shouldn't fear anyone, everyone else should fear us feel pretty fudging silly after watching that.

Can't stand Jason Cundy, but he's bang on about England. We're simply not good enough. Anyone who thinks England can't win a tournament is dismissed as being negative. The foreigners make the premier league what it is, not the English players.

673550816.png

How often is that, then?

Quite often if you listen to Roy Keane.. He reckons he's a top keeper but this season he's been a bit arrogant and made quite a few mistakes already. He said Schmeichel was the same went he got a bit ****y sometimes.

(But it's Roy Keane, so take it with a pinch of salt lol)

How often is that, then?

2 against Madrid
Goal against Dortmund straight at him
In no mans land for the goal today

All of his saves are described as world class, even if most keeper would have saved them.

As Roy Keane said, he's too arrogant. By all means be confident, but not that much.

(But it's Roy Keane, so take it with a pinch of salt lol)

That man is a thug, I disregard much of what he says when it comes to football. He thinks it's perfectly acceptable to go out on the pitch with the sole intention of ending another player's career, that says it all.

2 against Madrid
Goal against Dortmund straight at him
In no mans land for the goal today

All of his saves are described as world class, even if most keeper would have saved them.

As Roy Keane said, he's too arrogant. By all means be confident, but not that much.

Ronaldo's was poor keeping and today was uncharacteristically bad. He is usually very dominant in the box. I presume you include Benzema's goal, which I blame the defenders for. He shouldn't have to make that save and his positioning was spot on. Criticising him for Dortmund is very harsh, he got a good hand to it and nearly saved it.

He'll win England many, many more points than he'll lose them. He is a world-class keeper. Though he is surrounded by hyperbole a lot, he does make saves no other keeper will make.

That man is a thug, I disregard much of what he says when it comes to football. He thinks it's perfectly acceptable to go out on the pitch with the sole intention of ending another player's career, that says it all.

Ronaldo's was poor keeping and today was uncharacteristically bad. He is usually very dominant in the box. I presume you include Benzema's goal, which I blame the defenders for. He shouldn't have to make that save and his positioning was spot on. Criticising him for Dortmund is very harsh, he got a good hand to it and nearly saved it.

He'll win England many, many more points than he'll lose them. He is a world-class keeper. Though he is surrounded by hyperbole a lot, he does make saves no other keeper will make.

I think he's quality personaly, head and shoulders above anyone else in the England team.

A thug maybe but he knows his football. Obviously he has previous with your club, but in his playing days he walked off the pitch as man of the match practically every game.

The Benzema goal was near post, you expect most keeprs to save shots at the near post unless it's a rocket, which Benzema's wasn't, more of a daisy cutter than a rocket. Couldn't believe it when he slated his teammates after that game when at least two of the goals were at least partly his fault.

He got a hand to Reus's goal against Dortmund, most keepers will tell you if you get a decent hand to it, you should save it. It was also straight at him essentially.

He's a very good keeper, he's just not the best keeper in the world as he's frequently described in the English media. Casillas is still the best IMO. Hart is one of the top 5 alongside Neuer, Casillas, Lloris and perhaps Buffon. Like I said before, every time Hart makes a save, it's described as world class, even if it was saveable.

Last edited:
Back