• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T The England Thread

Gotta say, really unimpressed by Roy so far. He always struck me as a man of integrity. But his undying loyalty to Terry and Cole despite the circumstances is disconcerting at best and unsavoury at worst. We are not going to get past the quarter finals of the next two tournaments with or without those two fudgewits, so might as well lose without them.

This, same as the Gerrard point, England has never been successful with Gerrard/Lampard/Rio in the side, so why persist now their career's are at a close?

Build a young side, go for players with pace (pace makes up for a lot of other shortcomings) and more technical ability and build a system to play with.

Roy is not the answer, conservative, unadventurous, don't lose football is his style. Add the obsession with brick Pool players, it's just a joke

This, same as the Gerrard point, England has never been successful with Gerrard/Lampard/Rio in the side, so why persist now their career's are at a close?

Build a young side, go for players with pace (pace makes up for a lot of other shortcomings) and more technical ability and build a system to play with.

Roy is not the answer, conservative, unadventurous, don't lose football is his style. Add the obsession with brick Pool players, it's just a joke

Good point at the end. It's almost like he's trying to make up for doing such a brick job there, even if he wasn't given much time.

Said it before and will re-iterate again - Arry would have been a much, much better appointment, imv

Liverpool obsession? 3 Liverpool players out of 26?:eek:

Johnson, Gerrard, Carroll, Shelvey. Sterling would have been there if the U21s didn't have important matches. Kelly called up in the summer.

At least Downing is out, but not long before Joe Cole gets back in.

Plus the fact English players that play for teams consistently better than Liverpool are overlooked in favour of Liverpool's fringe players. Its a joke!

Johnson, Gerrard, Carroll, Shelvey. Sterling would have been there if the U21s didn't have important matches. Kelly called up in the summer.

At least Downing is out, but not long before Joe Cole gets back in.

i dont quite count Carroll as a Liverpool player anymore.....

wait, people are bemoaning the fact that there arent enough young players, and yet you seem to have an issue with Sterling who is one of the best kids out there??:-k

How about the Euros? Henderson, Carroll, Johnson, Gerrard, Kelly and Downing.

Plus Raheem Sterling gets picked ahead of Lennon for example in the last squad. And he's just taking the tinkle with Jonjo Shelvey!

what about the Euros?? long gone, and if he was as Liverpool obsessed as youre making out there was nothing stopping him from picking Downing and Henderson now as well

tbh it seems there are fans HERE that are more obsessed by Liverpool than Hodgson is, judging by some comments in this thread and in the Liverpool thread.

Relax people, Liverpool are not so much of threat to us that we have to keep going on about everything thats happening with that club

and even the most one eyed Spurs fan has to wonder how Kyle Walker is in the England squad....he is in, and has been in for a while, some pretty wretched form But funnly enough, very few question Hodgson's decision to pick Walker :-k

Johnson, Gerrard, Carroll, Shelvey, Henderson, Kelly and Downing all selected in the last 6 months, of which only 2 had any legitimate claim at a call up. This bias is highlighted by the fact that Pool's record over the last 2 years is probably the worst it has ever been in the last 50 odd years. Yes, that would be what I call a Liverpool obsession by Roy. Has any other team had 7 players in the England side in the same period?

and even the most one eyed Spurs fan has to wonder how Kyle Walker is in the England squad....he is in, and has been in for a while, some pretty wretched form But funnly enough, very few question Hodgson's decision to pick Walker :-k

Or do they? There's a lack of competition in that spot, but why Richards is always overlooked I don't understand. Walker shouldn't be starting for us IMO, but right now we don't have another option.

Johnson, Gerrard, Carroll, Shelvey, Henderson, Kelly and Downing all selected in the last 6 months, of which only 2 had any legitimate claim at a call up. This bias is highlighted by the fact that Pool's record over the last 2 years is probably the worst it has ever been in the last 50 odd years. Yes, that would be what I call a Liverpool obsession by Roy. Has any other team had 7 players in the England side in the same period?

squad or side?? i never saw an England side with 7 Liverpool players

for me, the most questionable picks were Henderson and Downing. The others i have no problem with

as i said, Walker has been poor for Spurs but still gets picked for England. I couldnt believe Livermore was picked recently and actually played :eek: If anything his Spurs selections are just as dubious as his Liverpool ones:)

bearing in mind jake fing livermore was in the last england squad its hardly a suprise shelvey is in there. i think hodgson has quickly realised there is a dearth of english talent and he is wants to see some english players in training to see how good they are.

henderson by the way is truely awful. i remember he came on against italy when all we needed was to keep the ball for at least a pass, and he couldnt even touch the ball. watched a couple of pools europas this season and he is proving himself to be the new jenas but without the attacking threat (when JJ did have one)

tbh it seems there are fans HERE that are more obsessed by Liverpool than Hodgson is, judging by some comments in this thread and in the Liverpool thread.

Relax people, Liverpool are not so much of threat to us that we have to keep going on about everything thats happening with that club

I don't see them as a threat to us in the slightest. I said before the start of the season when people were worrying that they would be a threat to finish above us. People just question why he picks so many players from a side that has been poor for well over 2 years, whilst the players who are good at keeping the ball and have intelligence like Lennon and Leon Brittion have been snubbed. You can't deny that players from the less fashionable clubs get snubbed, Holt would probably be an England regular if he played for one of the top 6.

I think people are missing a small comparison

- Spurs have finished 4th or 5th for the last 4 years, played CL football and actually was in the title running for half the season.
- Liverpool has been a shambles for the same period.

Top 4 clubs get heavier representation in national squads (like it or not, that's a global reality), the problem is Roy picks players from a Pool that no longer exists.

Re Livermore and Walker, I think people are making too much out of it. Walker is as someone else pointed out, in a low competition spot (with Roy's agenda against Richards), and Livermore is the type of player managers pick (he follows orders) that supporters don't always understand.

I think Hodgson picks them because he knows them and the job they can do, if he has faith in them thats fair enough, I think he's done an excellent job so far

England supporters to fill sold out Wembley Stadium with 90,000 to watch worst team in the world (San Marino)

Brilliant headline. :lol:

Back