• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T The England Thread

Ahead of Friday's international against San Marino, Tottenham's Kyle Walker says the presence of former Manchester United right-back Gary Neville in the England coaching staff is helping to improve his game.

Walker told BBC Sport: "I'm young, I want to improve and become the best I can be. Having Gary Neville here - a player I look up to and watch, is great. He gives me tips and coaches me through. I'm excited to be working with him and playing with the players we are playing with."

Can't be a bad thing!

108.jpg

England team to play San Marino: Hart, Walker, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines, Walcott, Carrick, Cleverley, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Rooney, Welbeck

England team to play San Marino: Hart, Walker, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines, Walcott, Carrick, Cleverley, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Rooney, Welbeck

Rooney & Welbeck instead of the best two English strikers on current form Defoe & Crouch.

Go figure!

I must admit, i am very happy with the centre back pairing. Two very good defenders and despite who Cahill plays for, two people who in my eyes are quite likeable, don't act like ****s etc. Laughable that Chamberlain gets games

Rooney & Welbeck instead of the best two English strikers on current form Defoe & Crouch.

Go figure!

Defoe 30, Crouch 31.

Wellbeck 21, Rooney 26.

I think we may as well go with the pair that have a much greater chance of having an impact over a long period of time. I don't think Crouch at 33/34 in Brazil is a prospect that will scare many teams, whereas Wellbeck at least has the potential, and Rooney may one day perform as well as he does for United, who knows...

To be honest in this game I would play a 3 3 4 formation and put Rooney and Wellbeck/Lennon on right and left and have Defoe and Crouch in the middle up front.

My mate was telling me today things like San Marino have played 117 games in their history and won one (versus Lichtenstein) and only drawn a handful. Apparently Germany beat them 12-0 or something like that the other week, their average attendance for home games is 400, and their country's entire population is a third of the entire capacity of Wembley.

Last edited:
My mate was telling me today things like San marino have played 117 games in their history and won one (versus Lichtenstein) and only drawn a handful. Apparently Germany beat them 12-0 or something like that the other week, their average attendance for home games is 400, and their country's entire population is a third of the entire capacity of Wembley.

You can add that their biggest money-spinners are tourism and the sale of postage stamps.

Dear Roy,

PLEASE DON'T fudge THIS UP!!!

This is one for the goal difference.

Kind regards,
COYS

To be honest in this game I would play a 3 3 4 formation and put Rooney and Wellbeck/Lennon on right and left and have Defoe and Crouch in the middle up front.
To be honest id just play 11 strikers, do we even need a keeper and defenders?

5-0 would be a par result

Back