• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

O/T Capello Resigns / New England Manager Speculation Thread

Well if it means we get the results like the last two games .. great, lets put this brick behind us and get some results!

Obviously deep down inside he's disappointed (understandable) but as already mentioned eleswhere - let's forget all this England rubbish an move on, ffs! And hopefully the players would do the same although based on our last 2 performaces it seems like there's a strong spirit of belief amongst them - especially looking at our goal celebrations, etc.

As long as they are behind the manager and feel everyone is focused on the same target / objective - there is little doubt of winning those last 2 games. We most certainly are a better team than either of those teams so let's knuckle down and make sure we can turn this around so all the qunts so were desperate to derail our season using this major distraction can go and do one. I sincerely hope they stop asking him about the England job and most importantly - he tells them to fudge off if they do.

Last edited:
where are the redknapp conspirators now? no decision was ever made. no approach was ever made.

oh but 'arry was posturing for a move and fudging us over wasn't he? hahaha what a joke.

where are the redknapp conspirators now? no decision was ever made. no approach was ever made.

oh but 'arry was posturing for a move and fudging us over wasn't he? hahaha what a joke.

Of course he was playing his cards right all along - shocker! Are you suggesting he wouldn't have considered it if they came for him? Don't be naive - as you can read between the lines, that was his last shot pretty much gone so I doubt many would have blamed him if he chose England instead - I certainly wouldn't have.

It's the distraction which ensued from all this flimflam since Capello walked many people found disappointing not the fact he would have most likely chosen England for us - that's one of the biggest misunderstandings on here.

Obviously deep down inside he's disappointed (understandable) but as already mentioned eleswhere - let's forget all this England rubbish an move on, ffs! And hopefully the players would do the same although based on our last 2 performaces it seems like there's a strong spirit of belief amongst them - especially looking at our goal celebrations, etc.

As long as they are behind the manager and feel everyone is focused on the same target / objective - there is little doubt of winning those last 2 games. We most certainly are a better team than either of those teams so let's knuckle down and make sure we can turn this around so all the qunts so were desperate to derail our season using this major distraction can go and do one. I sincerely hope they stop asking him about the England job and most importantly - he tells them to fudge off if they do.

I agree with all of that.

The whole fudging us over conspiracy doesn't have to include him plotting and scheming to leave the club.
He could simply have said officially that he was not interested, then contacted the FA and said he was interested, but for the sake of the club wanted to keep the media off our backs.

That is where he is at fault. He is supposed to be good with media, he could have shown at least that much understanding of how they work.

Roy Hodgson is more than capable of getting sacked prior to the World Cup in Brazil. For some reason I think it's Harry's destiny to be over there with the England team in 2014.

The final word, if you don't count the umpteen newspaper columns he's going to be 'writing' about the England team.

Of course he was playing his cards right all along - shocker! Are you suggesting he wouldn't have considered it if they came for him? Don't be naive - as you can read between the lines, that was his last shot pretty much gone so I doubt many would have blamed him if he chose England instead - I certainly wouldn't have.

It's the distraction which ensued from all this flimflam since Capello walked many people found disappointing not the fact he would have most likely chosen England for us - that's one of the biggest misunderstandings on here.

I am not saying that he wouldn't have considered, of course he would. What I am saying is that he wasn't going BEHIND the clubs back, like so many were suggesting, posturing for the job, whoring himself out so to speak..

The flimflam that has ensued following the Capello departure has been 90% media and journalist generated, you can't blame redknapp for printing papers can you?

you can't blame redknapp for printing papers can you?

No but he played along by and large even to the extent of writing his preferred formations in newspaper columns have have his son cheer from the sides. He could have killed it off on day one like number of other 'candidates' did and forget about. That's my gripe really

Back