• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Who do you want as the next Spurs manager?

• Tim Sherwood

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Glenn Hoddle

• Michael Laudrup

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Fabio Capello

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Lucien Favre

• Luciano Spalletti

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 53 46.5%

• Total voters
He would be a very, very interesting solution. Would slip right in to the DOF system. I think it's a decent shout...

Decent shout and seems like Queiroz would join us tomorrow. Didnt necessarily see Levy going for someone who is towards the end of their career however I guess Quieroz has 10 years left in him before he retires and also he's done the big club thing at Man U and Real so unlikely to leave for another and also managed internationally so we're less likely to lose him to a national side.

Given the very short of interesting candidates who might be gettable, Queiroz probably has to be in the op 3

I notice you can get 7/2 on Sherwood on Betfair for "Next Permanent Manager", and their bet rules :

1. Subject to paragraph 2, an appointment described by Tottenham Hotspur FC as ‘interim’, ‘caretaker’, ‘temporary’ (including an appointment described as ‘to the end of the season’) or similar, will not constitute first team manager.

2. Notwithstanding paragraph 1, an individual appointed by Tottenham Hotspur FC on an ‘interim’, ‘caretaker’, ‘temporary’ (including an appointment described as ‘to the end of the season’) or similar basis who remains manager in that capacity for at least 10 completed consecutive English League games (including over the course of more than a single season), will be considered to have been appointed as the next first team manager for the purpose of this market and Betfair will settle the market accordingly on that person.

Maybe I'm reading that wrong, but it looks like you win the bet if Sherwood manages for 10 consecutive games. I think 7/2 is free money on that bet at this point to be honest. Similar prices elsewhere aren't as good because they define "permanent" more narrowly.

Dont fancy Quiroz at all. The Skysports app has Sherwood in the press conference. Hes very confident in his manner.....he strikes me as someone that will not take any bullsh!t....maybe he is capable.

He would be a very, very interesting solution. Would slip right in to the DOF system. I think it's a decent shout...

interesting indeed. Lots of football experience, but is he a better number two than as the big boss himself. Nice guy also and I think the players will enjoy his style

Quieroz is the wrong generation. Our next perm manager will almost certainly come from the AVB/de Boer/Sherwood/Pep/Klopp generation.

Was widely rumoured he was the man behind the more innovative tactics and style at man u. They suffered for a while when he left then immediately improved when he came back.

obviously a very good coach but maybe better as a no 2. Wouldn't be a bad measure til the summer.

This is the guy that got a 4th place finish in la liga with Real Madrid. How?
And then when he was Portugal manager his team didnt score in 3 out of 4 of their game at the last world cup.

yeah its just not going to happen

I think Queiroz is better than Meulensteen and has more experience being the head coach, but Steve McClaren was also a highly rated coach at ManU.

I think Queiroz is better than Meulensteen and has more experience being the head coach, but Steve McClaren was also a highly rated coach at ManU.

Ferguson was very smart with his coaching assistant choices. They certainly helped increase his longevity and effectiveness

Was widely rumoured he was the man behind the more innovative tactics and style at man u. They suffered for a while when he left then immediately improved when he came back.

obviously a very good coach but maybe better as a no 2. Wouldn't be a bad measure til the summer.

He'd be a very bad measure. We need a man manager type until the end of the season. Quieroz is a tactician coach. He wont have enough time to get new tactics across.

Quieroz is the wrong generation. Our next perm manager will almost certainly come from the AVB/de Boer/Sherwood/Pep/Klopp generation.

Eh? You put Technical Tim in with those blokes? Every one of those men has won at least one domestic title, with everyone but AVB (de Boer, Pep, Klopp) having won more than one in addition to various cup successes, achieved by getting teams to play high-intensity, expansive, flowing football on the highest stages in pursuit of the most legendary records.

Technical Tim has won 'Hertfordshire's Highest Achiever' award six times. High honours indeed, worthy of a man deemed part of the vaunted 'AVB/de Boer/Pep/Klopp' generation. :)

Eh? You put Technical Tim in with those blokes? Every one of those men has won at least one domestic title, with everyone but AVB (de Boer, Pep, Klopp) having won more than one in addition to various cup successes, achieved by getting teams to play high-intensity, expansive, flowing football on the highest stages in pursuit of the most legendary records.

Technical Tim has won 'Hertfordshire's Highest Achiever' award six times. High honours indeed, worthy of a man deemed part of the vaunted 'AVB/de Boer/Pep/Klopp' generation. :)

Oh no, not at all, I was just saying that's the generation our next coach will come from.

Agree. Would be worth a go IMO.

Would be helpful for all our Brazilian, Spanish and Argentinan players to have someone who can speak their language too.

Oh no, not at all, I was just saying that's the generation our next coach will come from.

I know. I'm just moody at the thought of dear old Tim (who apparently has a puppet-master style influence over Levy) becoming our permanent manager. My apologies. :)

Agree. Would be worth a go IMO.

Would be helpful for all our Brazilian, Spanish and Argentinan players to have someone who can speak their language too.

Let him be employed as a translator then.

Do you simply feel that every foreign or foreign based manager is a good option and every English or English based manager is a bad option?

Back