• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Who do you want as the next Spurs manager?

• Tim Sherwood

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Glenn Hoddle

• Michael Laudrup

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Fabio Capello

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Lucien Favre

• Luciano Spalletti

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 53 46.5%

• Total voters
The more I read the less I want to bother with us this season. I think the fact that Levy guards the purse strings so closely isn't necessarily a bad thing, but his dealing in general are. Sacking a coach that the players are all comfortable with who may not be doing the best but offers stability in the short term is foolish when you don't have someone else lined up. In all honesty I had started to lose faith in AVB and didn't think we were going to get anywhere under him (18 months of generally dull football and a decline in results and goals), which I think is what Levy felt, but he still should've kept AVB and used this time to sound out replacements.

Is it Levy's decision anyway? Isn't this why we have a DOF?

I see the DoF's role as more of a head scout and negotiator. There's a LOT of talking needed to get any major deal going. You have to negotiate with a club and often several agents and convince the player to come (which often comes down to convincing the agent £££). There's also contract renewals for those players already at the club, the backroom staff, medical team and the academy. The DoF is there to coordinate all this and be the footballing man on the board. Levy's part is more about how much we can afford to spend and needing to know if it's absolutely necessary.

Laudrup is saying "I can come in the summer":-

Swansea City boss Michael Laudrup on speculation linking him with the vacant Tottenham managerial position:

"It's always flattering when others are talking about you. Tottenham are a big club, but the only thing I will say is I would never leave a club in the middle of the season.

"I've never done that as a player and a manager and it wont happen in the future either."

I think there's a decent chance he'll be fired before the end of the season. Swansea are regressing quite badly at the moment.

The more I read the less I want to bother with us this season. I think the fact that Levy guards the purse strings so closely isn't necessarily a bad thing, but his dealing in general are. Sacking a coach that the players are all comfortable with who may not be doing the best but offers stability in the short term is foolish when you don't have someone else lined up. In all honesty I had started to lose faith in AVB and didn't think we were going to get anywhere under him (18 months of generally dull football and a decline in results and goals), which I think is what Levy felt, but he still should've kept AVB and used this time to sound out replacements.

Agree. The season is a complete write-off now.

I just want to hibernate till late August now. The next few months are going to be dark days.

I think there's a decent chance he'll be fired before the end of the season. Swansea are regressing quite badly at the moment.

True, but they're back to one game per week for a while so their form might pick up.

To be honest, I don't think Laudrup is the man for the job but clearly he's up for it.

Laudrup was a great player. Would he be like Hoddle in still being the best player at training and knowing it?
I do think we need someone like him though, someone who the younger lads can look up to

Laudrup was a great player. Would he be like Hoddle in still being the best player at training and knowing it?
I do think we need someone like him though, someone who the younger lads can look up to

We are looking for a head coach and one of the main issues with Laudrup is that he apparently doesn't do much coaching.

All those talking about Rogers and Suarez - well he's just signed a new long term deal. Suarez that is.

Didn't bale and modric do that a few months before effectively going on strike? Just means they get more money for him like we did for our two. Do you think if Madrid had bid 85m for Suarez in the summer he'd still be there?!??!

Do you reckon Levy might be tempted to pull a fast one by appointing Ronald de Boer (FDB's twin and Ajax youth team coach) and hoping no one notices?

Agree. The season is a complete write-off now.

I just want to hibernate till late August now. The next few months are going to be dark days.

Relegation looms. I think we'll lose against Southampton this weekend. I really can't see any positive happening, given that Saints will press for 90 minutes and we seem to be unable to play against sides who press as much as that. We struggled against Liverpool, as the Liverpool players were constantly hassling our players. We seem unable to control possession as we have no one that is that talented on the ball that they can hold the ball without the immediate need to pass it away. I know that people will argue that Dembele can be that player, but he needs to burst forward with the ball and that route will likely be cut off. We need a player like Modric who has that ability on the ball to maintain possession irrespective of the pressure applied.

If Sherwood is better than AVB, then fine we're in a better position. As no one can make that judgment yet, isn't it a bit early to throw in the towel?

All we know is we lost 0-3 to west ham under AVB and 1-2 under Sherwood (albeit with more players unavailable).

Relegation looms. I think we'll lose against Southampton this weekend. I really can't see any positive happening, given that Saints will press for 90 minutes and we seem to be unable to play against sides who press as much as that. We struggled against Liverpool, as the Liverpool players were constantly hassling our players. We seem unable to control possession as we have no one that is that talented on the ball that they can hold the ball without the immediate need to pass it away. I know that people will argue that Dembele can be that player, but he needs to burst forward with the ball and that route will likely be cut off. We need a player like Modric who has that ability on the ball to maintain possession irrespective of the pressure applied.

If only Levy had managed to come to an agreement with that 3rd party to buy out the remaining 15% of Moutinho' registration back on deadline day of the summer 2012 window. Not sure how much was demanded at the time but Porto purchased it for £3m in January which seems like a small price to pay if Joao was indeed key to AVB' system working and we had got those extra couple of points that would have secured CL football and the £40m+ bounty it entails.

Oh well, maybe Sherwood will bring back Tom Carroll and he'll become that midfield passing maestro we've been clamouring for to complement all the beasts and runners.

If only Levy had managed to come to an agreement with that 3rd party to buy out the remaining 15% of Moutinho' registration back on deadline day of the summer 2012 window. Not sure how much was demanded at the time but Porto purchased it for £3m in January which seems like a small price to pay if Joao was indeed key to AVB' system working and we had got those extra couple of points that would have secured CL football and the £40m+ bounty it entails.

Oh well, maybe Sherwood will bring back Tom Carroll and he'll become that midfield passing maestro we've been clamouring for to complement all the beasts and runners.

If Moutinho was the key why wasnt there a back up and why did he then go on to buy two non moutinho like midfielders in Capoue and Paulinho and get rid of Huddlestone and Carroll. At least Sherwood tried Siggy there on wednesday.

Back