• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i think that video pretty much conforms that LVG will be at WHL next season.....looks like another of your wishes will come true. I just hope it doesnt backfire like the AVB one

Interesting video and it sounds like there is an offer there at least. I thought the interviewer was quite skilful actually. Well if it is to happen then it will be entertaining anyway.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Sviu9l3bew

But more importantly it is critical for Spurs to have a coach in charge with three initials in his name. The two initials TS thing doesn't do it for me.

Interesting video and it sounds like there is an offer there at least. I thought the interviewer was quite skilful actually. Well if it is to happen then it will be entertaining anyway.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Sviu9l3bew

But more importantly it is critical for Spurs to have a coach in charge with three initials in his name. The two initials TS thing doesn't do it for me.
:lol: that clip of LVG ...............yeah, from AVB to LVG, or maybe FdB. Agree, gotto be three:)

LVG and Levy is a monumental falling out just waiting to happen:lol:..........

it doesnt matter anymore, this season is already a write off, we are just stumbling along towards the end of the season and will spend all summer waiting for LVG to arrive.......LevyLimboLand

There's every chance we'll be level on points with 4th place Liverpool after the weekend with 12 games remaining - why would anyone be writing the season off??

You're right, this could detract from our performance on the pitch.

Or the opposite.

It could be the motivation players need to keep interested - knowing the big beast will be intently watching them, sizing them up. Otherwise remember what a damp squid spring 2004 was when we were last in this situation with Pleat in charge (before Arnesen and co. were on the horizon).

It's also the thing that maybe makes Lloris and Verts hang fire on getting their agents to start fixing up new clubs for them for the summer.

Or the opposite.

It could be the motivation players need to keep interested - knowing the big beast will be intently watching them, sizing them up. Otherwise remember what a damp squid spring 2004 was when we were last in this situation with Pleat in charge (before Arnesen and co. were on the horizon).

It's also the thing that maybe makes Lloris and Verts hang fire on getting their agents to start fixing up new clubs for them for the summer.
big problem is if PSG are offering CL football and 100k a week to Lloris, and lets say Barca or Emirates Marketing Project are offering the same to Verts, if so then LVG or not, those two players will mostly likely push for a move

Frank De Boer would manage Liverpool or Tottenham

Ajax coach Frank De Boer says he would be happy to manage Liverpool or Tottenham in the future, despite rejecting approaches from both clubs.
The 43-year-old is in his fourth season in charge of Ajax, having won the title every year so far in his first managerial role. De Boer told the BBC World Football Show: "Those two clubs are clubs that I think in the future I could be a manager of. I think the history of the clubs and what you can do with the team is my cup of tea."
But the former Ajax, Barcelona and Rangers defender added: "I'm not really thinking about it because I'm very happy here at Ajax. I'm not in a hurry to leave because everybody is still happy with me.
"I step in my car with a big smile to go to the club. I don't think I'm finished here but there will come a time when I don't like it any more or the club doesn't like me anymore. Then we have to go both ways."
And he confirmed that he has turned down the chance to talk to the Reds and Spurs in the past, adding "Liverpool especially".
"Tottenham called my manager with the possibility after sacking [Andre] Villas-Boas but I said, 'no, right now it's not the right moment'," he said.
The former Netherlands international and assistant coach, who was named Ajax boss in 2010 after the exit of Martin Jol , signed a new four-year contract in the summer.
His side went four points clear of FC Twente on Friday with a 2-1 victory at Groningen.

I would prefer LvG over FdB - just think his another ramos/avb waiting to happen and we will ruin his career

I would prefer LvG over FdB - just think his another ramos/avb waiting to happen and we will ruin his career

yeah FdB would do well to avoid us if he has any sense......if it all goes t!ts up for LVG it doesnt really matter because anyway he is on the verge of retiring.

yeah FdB would do well to avoid us if he has any sense......if it all goes t!ts up for LVG it doesnt really matter because anyway he is on the verge of retiring.

Yes but there in lies the rub. LVG is getting on a bit, a bit of a stickler with players and who knows how long he would stay before he may retire. FDB has been doing very well with Ajax, and though some will say he is a young manager in an easy league. The way that Ajax constantly turn over players and still play in an optimum way has to be appluaded. He took over from Jol and got them back to the top of the Eredivisie.

LVG or FDB. I would be happy with eaither of these in the future. That said my head says i would like us to get a youngish Coach so that he can stay a long while and build something.

Maybe but I'd like to give it a try. FdB would be my preferred choice as I think LVG and Levy in the same room would prove a dangerous chemical mix.

Anyway it's good to see us linked with some decent managers but I'd be all for giving Tim an extended run if he produces the goods.

Yes but there in lies the rub. LVG is getting on a bit, a bit of a stickler with players and who knows how long he would stay before he may retire. FDB has been doing very well with Ajax, and though some will say he is a young manager in an easy league. The way that Ajax constantly turn over players and still play in an optimum way has to be appluaded. He took over from Jol and got them back to the top of the Eredivisie.

LVG or FDB. I would be happy with eaither of these in the future. That said my head says i would like us to get a youngish Coach so that he can stay a long while and build something.

LVG is the same age as Redknapp was when he first took our job. Redknapp who became our longest serving manager of modern times.

I'd be very happy with FDB too.

But I don't think we should write off the master in favour of the apprentice.

He's not that old and has a history of both spending quite long spells at clubs (a few 4, even 8, year reigns) and grooming protégés.

yeah i agree with you. I would be happy with either. Also the brand of football they produce in Holland is both tactically astute and attacking. So it suits the Tottehahm mantra. I also believe the squad is almost perfectly set up for either of them to pick it up and run with it straight away. Both seem eager to come to the premiership and both sound like they would like to work at spurs.

How about a Double Act? LVG with FDB as his No.2 to eventually take over? just a random spurious thought.

yeah i agree with you. I would be happy with either. Also the brand of football they produce in Holland is both tactically astute and attacking. So it suits the Tottehahm mantra. I also believe the squad is almost perfectly set up for either of them to pick it up and run with it straight away. Both seem eager to come to the premiership and both sound like they would like to work at spurs.

How about a Double Act? LVG with FDB as his No.2 to eventually take over? just a random spurious thought.

Hmmmm....interesting....how about sticking a RdM into that bunch too?

Frank De Boer would manage Liverpool or Tottenham

Ajax coach Frank De Boer says he would be happy to manage Liverpool or Tottenham in the future, despite rejecting approaches from both clubs.
The 43-year-old is in his fourth season in charge of Ajax, having won the title every year so far in his first managerial role. De Boer told the BBC World Football Show: "Those two clubs are clubs that I think in the future I could be a manager of. I think the history of the clubs and what you can do with the team is my cup of tea."
But the former Ajax, Barcelona and Rangers defender added: "I'm not really thinking about it because I'm very happy here at Ajax. I'm not in a hurry to leave because everybody is still happy with me.
"I step in my car with a big smile to go to the club. I don't think I'm finished here but there will come a time when I don't like it any more or the club doesn't like me anymore. Then we have to go both ways."
And he confirmed that he has turned down the chance to talk to the Reds and Spurs in the past, adding "Liverpool especially".
"Tottenham called my manager with the possibility after sacking [Andre] Villas-Boas but I said, 'no, right now it's not the right moment'," he said.
The former Netherlands international and assistant coach, who was named Ajax boss in 2010 after the exit of Martin Jol , signed a new four-year contract in the summer.
His side went four points clear of FC Twente on Friday with a 2-1 victory at Groningen.

Sounds like a come and get me.

Back