• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Would anyone be prepared to place bet on journo stories, every one that turns out to be true you win a tenner, every one that doesn't you lose a tenner?

I can’t see that you’ve answered this, what is ‘true’ to you?

No journalist had confirmed that Poch or Conte or Fonseca had actually signed. They had confirmed fairly deep talks.

Are you saying that not signing one of them
proves they were wrong? How does that work, when the report was about being deep in talks?

The alternative is that we have spoken to nobody, or that the club is acting with a perfect plan in mind and nobody knows what they have got up their sleeve. I would love to believe the latter, but it’s not looking likely to be true, is it?

I can’t see that you’ve answered this, what is ‘true’ to you?

No journalist had confirmed that Poch or Conte or Fonseca had actually signed. They had confirmed fairly deep talks.

Are you saying that not signing one of them
proves they were wrong? How does that work, when the report was about being deep in talks?

The alternative is that we have spoken to nobody, or that the club is acting with a perfect plan in mind and nobody knows what they have got up their sleeve. I would love to believe the latter, but it’s not looking likely to be true, is it?

They have reported that three managers are done deals, none of them signed.
So they weren't done deal then. That's pretty straightforward truth or lie, isn't it?
If it happened once, then yes OK, give the report benefit of the doubt.
Twice, hm, something smells. Let's see, Conte to spurs, doesn't really seem plausible. Spurs to sign a manager who is a fussy bugger with list of demands in a very short time frame. Hm, really starting to stink of bs.
Third time, manager lined up, only to be either a) ditch because of tax, b) because gattuso was available c) because Levy and the dof had different agendas. Hang on until I reach for my gas mask, because this really starting to stink so bad I'm gagging on my own vomit.
Fourth time, gattuso, Levy has signed a manager in less than 12 hours...............................................
Sorry, I passed out with absolute stink of bs
The fonz we now have three (possibly four) different reasons for. Being reported by the same people BTW, without any reference to their previous reasons.
You are quite happy to criticise Levy based on that, and ask me what we should base the truth on?

So they weren't done deal then. That's pretty straightforward truth or lie, isn't it?
Twice, hm, something smells. Let's see, Conte to spurs, doesn't really seem plausible. Spurs to sign a manager who is a fussy bugger with list of demands in a very short time frame. Hm, really starting to stink of bs.
Third time, manager lined up, only to be either a) ditch because of tax, b) because gattuso was available c) because Levy and the dof had different agendas. Hang on until I reach for my gas mask, because this really starting to stink so bad I'm gagging on my own vomit.
Fourth time, gattuso, Levy has signed a manager in less than 12 hours...............................................
The fonz we now have three (possibly four) different reasons for. Being reported by the same people BTW, without any reference to their previous reasons.
You are quite happy to criticise Levy based on that, and ask me what we should base the truth on?

But mate, where did any of this journalists say it was a ‘done deal’?

We’ve had ‘Poch wants to come home but PSG won’t let him’

We’ve had ‘Conte is the front runner’

We’ve had ‘Fons has filed work permits, hope to complete the deal next week’

And we’ve had ‘Gattuso front runner, talks progressing quickly’.

That troll Twitter account, The Source, was claiming Poch had signed. No one else has claimed anyone was officially done, just that we were getting very close.

So I don’t see how it’s a lie? It’s perfectly within the bounds of reason that they were close, and then the club or the manager pulled the plug?

A simple denial from the club, and a staement about the process, immediately puts a stop to all of the poor PR.

Makes you wonder why it hasn't happened.

But mate, where did any of this journalists say it was a ‘done deal’?

We’ve had ‘Poch wants to come home but PSG won’t let him’

We’ve had ‘Conte is the front runner’

We’ve had ‘Fons has filed work permits, hope to complete the deal next week’

And we’ve had ‘Gattuso front runner, talks progressing quickly’.

That troll Twitter account, The Source, was claiming Poch had signed. No one else has claimed anyone was officially done, just that we were getting very close.

So I don’t see how it’s a lie? It’s perfectly within the bounds of reason that they were close, and then the club or the manager pulled the plug?

i'm not trawling through twitter to find it for you, but its there, it was there this time yesterday about gattuso, you should know, you were going on about it.
and if it wasn't what was the hysterics about?

A simple denial from the club, and a staement about the process, immediately puts a stop to all of the poor PR.

Makes you wonder why it hasn't happened.
true, and to a degree i agree.
but the club did make a denial and a statement of we don't know why some of these names are being mentioned, we didn't talk to them.
but it was ignored or quickly forgotten.
so why bother? and that tbh is the way i'm begining to feel about.
i mean, its all there, constant rumour after rumour and then blatant cover ups when it turns out to be bs.

Remember those August 2018 times when we had a lot of back-and-forth on here about

a) whether we were going to sign Greilish (or anyone)

b) why we actually didn't sign anyone and

c) whether the fact we signed no-one in the end was linked to the ongoing delays in opening the stadium.

Ah, good times

:)

Remember those August 2018 times when we had a lot of back-and-forth on here about

"It's fair to say we were in such a bad position financially that if Tottenham had have done their work early, then I’m sure he would have been a Tottenham player," said then-boss Bruce. "Before the takeover came in, everyone was for sale – that’s how difficult the situation was."

b) why we actually didn't sign anyone and

c) whether the fact we signed no-one in the end was linked to the ongoing delays in opening the stadium.

Ah, good times

Ah Grealish...I did confidently declare on here that if he wasn't a Tottenham player at the end of that window, I'd get a Woolwich crest tattooed on my arse...

I love a big statement. Sitting on the fence is not for someone who is willing to have his arse tattooed.

"It's fair to say we were in such a bad position financially that if Tottenham had have done their work early, then I’m sure he would have been a Tottenham player," said then-boss Bruce. "Before the takeover came in, everyone was for sale – that’s how difficult the situation was."

Oh don't want to upset anyone here by the way. Imagine the media just made the quotes up direct from Steve Bruce, and in actual fact we were never in for Grealish. Quack. Ducks. Etc.

Back