• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

True but by the same token, Eddie Howe is one of the best managers in the world too. Not sure who would have won trophies with Bournemouth and Burnley.

Well when Eddie Howe takes over a club aspiring to play in the CL, makes them title contenders, gives them 4 champions League campaigns in a row and reaches the final of arguably the premier club tournament in the world, all achieved with a low net spend and without a home for a season and a half, we can revisit this conversation.

I think all the things reportedly bothering Conte are good for the club. He wants to win and wants the club to have the foundation and mindset to win as well. How anyone is perceiving that as a negative is mind blowing.

If we fail to sign him as manager it'll just highlight what the clubs mentality is. There is nothing that I've seen that reports him asking for anything outlandish. I he was to walk away and we got someone else, even Poch I would be questioning their mentality and desire.

I don't think it's a negative at all. But we don't know what he is asking for/what his expectations are. Even recognising that we need a squad overhaul, and him wanting to build his own squad, there's still a budget to work within. Maybe even a stretch budget is not enough for what Conte wants to do. A project implies a rebuild over time, that doesn't sound like what Conte wants to do.

Maybe @afsoc4life can shed some light on his time at Inter? Obviously they won the title this year but what went in to that - what level were Inter at when he arrived/did he rebuild the team or coach an already talented group to perform at a higher level?
I personally do not want Conte at Spurs. He is totally at odds with what Levy said post the sacking of Mourinho. Yes he won Serie A and Premier League but get prepared to see a manager throw his toys out of the pram if he doesn't get what he wants.

I however do realise that life is not simple arithmetic. It may work.

If he is Spurs manager, I will throw my support behind him. Spurs over hos.

I reckon it's just formalities left. The Italian media are just trying to cook up some last minute clickbait.

Well when Eddie Howe takes over a club aspiring to play in the CL, makes them title contenders, gives them 4 champions League campaigns in a row and reaches the final of arguably the premier club tournament in the world, all achieved with a low net spend and without a home for a season and a half, we can revisit this conversation.

So... you can compare Spurs with Everton but you in order to be compared with Pochettino, you basically have to be Pochettino himself. There isn't much point for either of us in pursuing that particular line of thought as we disagree on a very basic level.

I think all the things reportedly bothering Conte are good for the club. He wants to win and wants the club to have the foundation and mindset to win as well. How anyone is perceiving that as a negative is mind blowing.

If we fail to sign him as manager it'll just highlight what the clubs mentality is. There is nothing that I've seen that reports him asking for anything outlandish. I he was to walk away and we got someone else, even Poch I would be questioning their mentality and desire.

Depends doesn't it? One of the tweets before your post said he wants a team that can win from the off - which obviously is a big ask from where we are now to be able to do that and that, if that's a stipulation and from past experience we know he's likely to kick off if we don't manage to get there after one transfer window then he's probably the wrong man for the job.

So... you can compare Spurs with Everton but you in order to be compared with Pochettino, you basically have to be Pochettino himself. There isn't much point for either of us in pursuing that particular line of thought as we disagree on a very basic level.
That's a false premise as I never compared Spurs to Everton. I think something has been lost in translation. But I agree to disagree because comparing Poch to Eddie Howe is not the same as comparing Spurs to Everton.

Btw on Everton, I thought, given their squad and how poor the rest of the league were this season, they seriously underachieved. Ancelotti hardly covered himself in glory. Showing again how difficult it is for managers even so called "top tier" ones to achieve success outside of the established top teams.

Last edited:
Depends doesn't it? One of the tweets before your post said he wants a team that can win from the off - which obviously is a big ask from where we are now to be able to do that and that, if that's a stipulation and from past experience we know he's likely to kick off if we don't manage to get there after one transfer window then he's probably the wrong man for the job.

I've read on here that we should have finished comfortably anywhere from 2nd to 4th and won the Europa League and it was only down to the manager that we didn't.

I've read on here that we should have finished comfortably anywhere from 2nd to 4th and won the Europa League and it was only down to the manager that we didn't.

Mostly from the same people now saying we need a rebuilding project.

Back