• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
For once, can we just employ a manager that has experience in what we need?

Rather than have managers with experience of taking midtable teams to the top 6 or winning stuff with teams that are already winning stuff, can we please have a manager who knows how to get a top 4/6 team to the top 1/2?

Rather than have managers with experience of taking midtable teams to the top 6 or winning stuff with teams that are already winning stuff, can we please have a manager who knows how to get a top 4/6 team to the top 1/2?

Poch?

None of Ndombele, Lo Celso, Winks or Rodon are coming back for another chance. Moura, Tanganga and Sanchez are to all intents gone too. I think the two question marks are if he'd fancy Reguilon over Davies as the second LB. And I just don't see us being able to get rid of Perisic, unless we pay off his contract.

On the plus side though all of Spence, Gil, Udogie and Parrott come back potentially ready to become the next generation of Walkers, Roses and Allis.

If no one buys them, and no one is willing to pay their wages, where else are they going to go?

I can see Poch going to Madrid, Nagelsmann turning us down after we finish 5th (reports out today he only wants CL) and having to look at an Ange-type option. And that's fine.

I'm all for someone who isn't just here to further themselves with loads of strings attached, who plays good, progressive, entertaining football, that makes me want to watch the team again.

Sign me up!

I saw that but I’m not buying that Nagelsmann only comes if we are in the CL.

On the continent the EL is held in high regard for one thing.

I can see Poch going to Madrid, Nagelsmann turning us down after we finish 5th (reports out today he only wants CL) and having to look at an Ange-type option. And that's fine.

I'm all for someone who isn't just here to further themselves with loads of strings attached, who plays good, progressive, entertaining football, that makes me want to watch the team again.

Sign me up!
Are we sure Nagelsmann only wants CL, or is that just media BS? Cause if he doesn't get a call from Chelsea or PSG, the only CL options that remain in a half-decent league are Real Sociedad, Lazio/Milan, Monaco/Lens, or some German club. I may be wrong, but somehow I don't see him taking any of these jobs, or even being offered them. My guess is that, if neither of Real/Chelsea/PSG go in for him and we do, he'll be managing Spurs next season.

We already did with Jose and Conte.

We need a manager that will push the club to set up a proper structure first and foremost, as well as be able to get the most out of the squad he has available. We get someone like that and the rest will come.

Ange would be a very good option. His team's play attacking football & press high up the pitch. His team's are solid at the back. He also gets the best out of his players.
His downside it's his way & won't take interference from anyone. if you promise X then he expects you to deliver. As Australian fa found out when he walked before a world cup

Which world cup was it that he walked out beforehand? Also, why did he walk?

Who are you thinking of here? Can you give an example?

We already did with Jose and Conte.

We need a manager that will push the club to set up a proper structure first and foremost, as well as be able to get the most out of the squad he has available. We get someone like that and the rest will come.
Weren't those from the latter category? They won at sides that were already winning stuff didn't they?

Who are you thinking of here? Can you give an example?
I'm not thinking of anyone in particular - I don't even know if there is anyone. I'm just pointing out that the most important thing is a manager who has succeeded from the position we are in.

What position are we actually in though? I think that's the crux of all of this and my issue with ENIC/Levy/the board is that they act like they themselves don't know...
A top 4-6 club that needs to start winning trophies. Longer term goal to move into the top 1-2. There must be someone available who has done that.

A top 4-6 club that needs to start winning trophies. Longer term goal to move into the top 1-2. There must be someone available who has done that.

Also need a manager who wants to be at Spurs though.

We dont need another manager like Mourinho and Conte who feel like Spurs is beneath them and that they're doing us a favour by being at Spurs.

Most of the managers linked with us are fine in that regard, though I question how Nagelsmann would view it

The other thing strongly in Poch's favour is that he WANTS to be our manager

We've had Mourinho and Conte for who it felt that they thought they were doing us a favour by being our manager. With Nagelsmann, for whatever reason I feel it'll be similar.

I dont think that a great situation to be in and breeds arrogance from the manager as well as instability

I'd like us to have a manager who wants to be at the club

Good news is based on some of the reporting, that was a real issue with Conte at the club, so hopefully we have learned

Parrot is a very, VERY long shot. I think we’ll sell Gill if we can get back his net book value and not have to book an impairment charge.

Parrot is not happening, I don't he'll even be really evaluated, loans till someone bites. Scarlett/Devine have better chances but we are probably 2 years away from knowing.

Gil I think will get another chance simply because we have very little creativity in the squad, would be poor not to evaluate properly with a manager who is actually willing to work with a player. Sarr, Udogie, Spence also the others we will want an incoming manager to spend time on.

If Poch came in, I think we need to be very careful, he needs to leave Lo Celso, Ndombele, Rodon, Winks, Dier, Sanchez, Tanganga out of his plans, too many chances, too much invested for so little return. Get them off the wage bill, get replacements in

Sorry to be a little dense perhaps, but can you expand on what you mean here?

Same article earlier ->

The hierarchy grew tired of his public jabs at the club's ambition and exasperated by the narrative that it was Conte who would decide if he would leave in the summer. By January, there had been a boardroom shift. Tottenham were no longer pining for Conte to extend his contract. By February, it was a case of when, not if, he would leave.

The team finished in the top four last season but even then there were trust issues due to concerns Conte wanted the Paris Saint-Germain head coaching job and, through his intermediaries, was making no secret of it. There has always been this sense that Tottenham was beneath Conte that he was doing them a favour. That never sat well with those in positions of power at the club.

Back