• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Its absolutely nailed on our next manager will be Poch or Nagelsmann with the latter most likely.

This is because Poch is almost certainly taking over at Real Madrid in the Summer and if we assess the clubs Nagelsmann would want to take over for next season we would be very high on that list.

Real Madrid - going for Poch but whilst Nagelsmann would take it if offered that would be on the prestige of the job alone as he would be guarded about a dressing room potentially similar to Bayern’s.

Barca - no vacancy and they could be thrown several divisions down the Spanish pyramid soon.

Atleti - could be of interest if they move Simeone on in the Summer as rumoured.

Serie A - prestigious teams but a lot of broke teams and not sure on vacancies.

psg - vancancy likely but a joke league with a questionable dressing room, certainly no project building at this club.

bvb - could be of interest but will there be a vacancy.

Prem - a super appealing league for him and unless chelsea pull the trigger on potter we are the only option and unlike the chavs we would certainly be up for a stable project and hopefully one that would appeal to him.

So I think we are the only game in town unless our project stinks and atleti make him a more appealing offer.

I think it will be Poch or Nagelsmann, especially if the rumours that we have previously spoken to Nagelsmann pre Bayern are true.

In an odd way, i hope it isn't de Zerbi or Frank for their own and their clubs sake - they have both done brilliantly and have got a good set-up at their respective clubs, so hope they stay and continue their builds/progression etc

As much as I love Poch, I am genuinely intrigued by the prospect of someone like Nagelsmann. The way his Bayern team schooled PSG in the Champions League was glorious to watch. They snuffed out the threat from Mbappe and Messi brilliantly.

I think we have the basis for a really decent squad whatever signor Conte would have us believe. 2-3 additions with someone like him at the helm could be a really interesting prospect. The only caution though would be around what has happened to him at Bayern.

As much as I love Poch, I am genuinely intrigued by the prospect of someone like Nagelsmann. The way his Bayern team schooled PSG in the Champions League was glorious to watch. They snuffed out the threat from Mbappe and Messi brilliantly.

I think we have the basis for a really decent squad whatever signor Conte would have us believe. 2-3 additions with someone like him at the helm could be a really interesting prospect. The only caution though would be around what has happened to him at Bayern.

What about the concerns that he's not really much of a man manger? Is he potentially another AVB?

What about the concerns that he's not really much of a man manger? Is he potentially another AVB?

You posted it about 7 pages back .. but basically beyond your article there are some general noises re his connection (albeit especially with the older players)

His win ratios are ridiculous, even pre Bayern

I don't think that holds true if you read the athletic piece I posted and watch the video. Kimmich and Musiala are big fans of his for example.

The complaints come predominantly from Neuer the gk who stormed off on unauthorised leave and broke his leg skiing. Muller then backed the keeper up incredibly.

We are talking about two old men who are likely very old school and set in their ways.

I’m more interested in what the young players had to say and the players at RB and Hoffenheim.

Isn’t our squad really built for 3-4–3? Porro strikes me as neither a full back or a winger, sounds like Udogie is the same. There isn’t a centre back we have that I’d trust in a 2 and we have no creative midfielder.

The whole DoF model is designed so there is continuity as managers change and there is no massive retooling of the squad required. Leaving aside the questions around Paratici, does that restrict our options in terms of replacements?

Porro has played about a third of his career games as a RB according to Whoscored.com

Now where have I heard this before?
We haven’t had this depth though in so many areas.. with glaring gaps in a few others for some time
We have 4 left backs now and 3 right backs
All could start depending on the manager and system
Plenty of decent and still young Cms
goals in the team too
But…
One quality Cb who is a head case
And a broken keeper

We haven’t had this depth though in so many areas.. with glaring gaps in a few others for some time
We have 4 left backs now and 3 right backs
All could start depending on the manager and system
Plenty of decent and still young Cms
goals in the team too
But…
One quality Cb who is a head case
And a broken keeper

and missing any semblance of creativity too

But I agree generally. We're one good transfer window (GK, 2 * CBs, someone who can pass) away from having the majority of the rebuild done and having a very capable squad

and missing any semblance of creativity too

But I agree generally. We're one good transfer window (GK, 2 * CBs, someone who can pass) away from having the majority of the rebuild done and having a very capable squad
Those 4 players are still likely to cost quite a lot money though…. Getting at least one of those on a Bosman might be key.

Those 4 players are still likely to cost quite a lot money though…. Getting at least one of those on a Bosman might be key.

Agree, not cheap. We have a long list of players to flog though - Tubby, GLC, Reguilon, Rodon etc and whichever CBs the incoming ones replace. But yes, if we can get one on a Bosman and sell some of that list of deadwood, then we should be able to afford what we need this summer

Poch was the right man at the right time in his first spell, is he the right man now? Now Tuchel is gone, I'd happily take Poch. He can achieve more with us. But building a side when there is an expectation of instant success is less easy. Our wages mean we can't easily move on our deadwood, and fans seem to expect a trophy or else.

I felt Poch lost some of his identify when he tried to make us more than a high-intensity pressing side. We never quite determined who we were, our style of play. And at the end he was desperately chopping and changing everything to try and make it work. On the upside, Poch is flexible and adaptable. But does he have a clear vision, and is he able to stick to it? Clarity and singular determination is what the likes of Conte possess. I don't think Poch has that. He'll adapt to the situation. He'll find ways to make players better - much better. But not necessarily impose his iron cast will. If Poch could incorporate singular focus/vision and combine it with all his coaching ability, then he can be one of the best in the business. I think Poch often does have spells of being this "ultimate" manager. But I don't think he can always sustain it. There are periods where he's truly an elite manager and other times where he lets things slide. But that is probably the same for most. It is just that Poch's methods are more demanding. If you don't have a pre-set vision, you have to work harder always.

He needs to rely on his coaching team and to make management more than his personal fiefdom. You need a team of coaching staff to support you and drive things forward even if you are not always capable yourself.

Last edited:
Poch was the right man at the right time in his first spell, is he the right man now? Now Tuchel is gone, I'd happily take Poch. He can achieve more with us. But building a side when there is an expectation of instant success is less easy. Our wages mean we can't easily move on our deadwood, and fans seem to expect a trophy or else.

I felt Poch lost some of his identify when he tried to make us more than a high-intensity pressing side. We never quite determined who we were, our style of play. And at the end he was desperately chopping and changing everything to try and make it work. On the upside, Poch is flexible and adaptable. But does he have a clear vision, and is he able to stick to it? Clarity and singular determination is what the likes of Conte possess. I don't think Poch has that. He'll adapt to the situation. He'll find ways to make players better - much better. But not necessarily impose his iron cast will. If Poch could incorporate singular focus/vision and combine it with all his coaching ability, then he can be one of the best in the business. I think Poch often does have spells of being this "ultimate" manager. But I don't think he can always sustain it. There are periods where he's truly an elite manager and other times where he lets things slide. But that is probably the same for most. It is just that Poch's methods are more demanding. If you don't have a pre-set vision, you have to work harder always.

He needs to rely on his coaching team and to make management more than his personal fiefdom. You need a team of coaching staff to support you and drive things forward even if you are not always capable yourself.

Will be interesting to see how he gets on at Real Madrid especially if they get Bellingham and Mbappe in the summer.

The other thing strongly in Poch's favour is that he WANTS to be our manager

We've had Mourinho and Conte for who it felt that they thought they were doing us a favour by being our manager. With Nagelsmann, for whatever reason I feel it'll be similar.

I dont think that a great situation to be in and breeds arrogance from the manager as well as instability

I'd like us to have a manager who wants to be at the club

The other thing strongly in Poch's favour is that he WANTS to be our manager

We've had Mourinho and Conte for who it felt that they thought they were doing us a favour by being our manager. With Nagelsmann, for whatever reason I feel it'll be similar.

I dont think that a great situation to be in and breeds arrogance from the manager as well as instability

I'd like us to have a manager who wants to be at the club

Maybe an issue...is out deadwood players. Would Poch want to turn them into something now still to prove a point? I believe he could, but they still won't be good enough. Poch will elevate players, but they'll revert to their underlying normal at points and let him down.

I think Poch would work well with Paratici though. I think they would be a good match.

Last edited:
Back