• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
If we need a type of manger to placate Kane that's the source of the problem. I understand he is a brilliant footballer but what does he know about coaching and management? I hope levy and Paratici puts an end to any sort of player power.
Totally agree about curbing player power at any club. However, we don't know how much Kane understands about coaching/management. He may suck, but he may be brilliant too.

Professional athletes or employees are not the same as those who sign up, you don't get the option of breaking anything out of them.

To the point of thread, will be hard to judge Nagelesmann because Bayern are in full PR mode to discredit him right now, so they can justify the sacking

Yep they did the same to Ancellotti and Flick.

Some bits and pieces filtering through the Bayern PR machine now including how Neuer stormed off after Nagelsmann changed the GK coach. He went on an unauthorised skiing holiday and broke his leg. Muller backed him up apparently despite his incredibly unprofessional behaviour.

The young players though were big fans it is claimed such as Kimmich and Musiala.

Could all be bollox of course just as much as the stuff being spun the other way.

Because most of the mugs who allegedly watch football think a great player makes a great manager whereas experience show most great managers were average players. Plus anyone one from overseas must be better than British, Irish or black person.

Never a truer post mate.

Because most of the mugs who allegedly watch football think a great player makes a great manager whereas experience show most great managers were average players. Plus anyone one from overseas must be better than British, Irish or black person.

Tbf though there are far more average players than great ones. So the chances of an average player becoming a great manager are far higher than a great player.

A great player has most likely worked with great managers. So will have learned from them. It doesn't guarantee they'd be a good manager themselves, or that that manager was a good teacher, but gives them a better chance. Just like any education.

How do you know he won't do a good job? Because he was an average player? Or does he have a managerial resume that you're going by? I'm not saying he's going to pull up trees, but to dismiss him like that based on 6 games 2 years ago is a bit knee jerk

Lol you need some experience managing a football team he's got hardly any.

Lol you need some experience managing a football team he's got hardly any.

It's till the end of the season. Not permanent. He knows the team, knows the club. Knows the problems. He could do a job possibly as good as anyone else.

Beyond that, no. Too much needs doing and not sure he even wants it with a new child. He has a job for life at the moment. He takes over next season and we go to brick. Suddenly he's sacked and probably has to move house, find the kids new schools etc... all for a job at tranmere. Maybe less money too.

It's till the end of the season. Not permanent. He knows the team, knows the club. Knows the problems. He could do a job possibly as good as anyone else.

Beyond that, no. Too much needs doing and not sure he even wants it with a new child. He has a job for life at the moment. He takes over next season and we go to brick. Suddenly he's sacked and probably has to move house, find the kids new schools etc... all for a job at tranmere. Maybe less money too.

So writing off two seasons? In my world not acceptable

If we need a type of manger to placate Kane that's the source of the problem. I understand he is a brilliant footballer but what does he know about coaching and management? I hope levy and Paratici puts an end to any sort of player power.

Let's put it that way: you're a chairman and you happen to have the best striker in the world at the club. The guy tells you: 'I want to win trophies and work with the best managers in the world'. What do you do? You sign managers with huge reputations. It's a win-win situation: you keep the best striker in the world and, obviously, those top managers are going to win something with the great squad you have. It's a shame things are slightly more complicated in real life but it's a fairly straightforward situation.

And I don't want to spoil your evening but so far, nobody's managed to put an end to player power for the past 30 years or so.

Not to the football experts, they want big name overseas bloke and then blame Levy when it doesn't work.

The media do. It's a headline story. People buy into that.

In the pub earlier. 5 mates came in that were spurs fans (at different times). Ofcourse i asked, next manager? All of them said nagglesman. Not because they knew anything about him. Just it's because thats what it said in the news.

How is it writing anything off?

Getting an inexperienced man who won't be able to see us across this season and then to take a punt on him next season without showing any pedigree of being able to handle a club with the ambitions that we should have. Surely any man and his dog can see that.

Getting an inexperienced man who won't be able to see us across this season and then to take a punt on him next season without showing any pedigree of being able to handle a club with the ambitions that we should have. Surely any man and his dog can see that.

Firstly you are assuming he won't be able to get us top 4 this season. Ok, fine. What is your alternative?

Secondly you ignored the part where i said "beyond that, no".

Firstly you are assuming he won't be able to get us top 4 this season. Ok, fine. What is your alternative?

Secondly you ignored the part where i said "beyond that, no".

I'm assuming that Ryan Mason is not the answer for any conversation.

Back