• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
This nonsense about Slot not coming because we wouldn’t pay was brought up by @AdamB and flies in the face of what Slot himself said.

fudge me facts just do not matter anymore.

Mate, the word hate being bandied around because a lack of success despite the undoubted progress the clubs made and because we have not spent billions of laundered and dodgy money like Chelsea and City. Sad reflection of what people genuinely hold in life for me

That’s because he’s Australian.

You are the one that has brought up his nationality twice this morning as something that other people think negatively about despite there being no evidence of that.

He might be brilliant for us but the worry for me is coming from league where star players in a title winning team are CCV and Joe Hart, who were nowhere near the level required to be back ups in a race for top four nevermind winning it.

It's a whole different world coming in to a league where there's competition (sorry Rangers) and a much higher quality all round and it's reasonable to be concerned about it if he hasn't done it in a major league and is 57, Ange could potentially come in and seamlessly adapt to the greater demands and if we get him I certainly hope he acclimatizes.

Given how quickly the options are being notched off I am coming round to the idea but if people aren't convinced, try not being so sensitive on the Australia front as there are legitimate reasons why it might not seem the best option on paper

I really don’t know how much clearer I can make it mate. Slot said there were no discussions about leaving. How can Spurs balk at compensation if there we no discussions with Slot?

Maybe we spoke to his agent, who in turn was given that figure by Feyenoord? Maybe we spoke directly with Feyenoord?

You are the one that has brought up his nationality twice this morning as something that other people think negatively about despite there being no evidence of that.

He might be brilliant for us but the worry for me is coming from league where star players in a title winning team are CCV and Joe Hart, who were nowhere near the level required to be back ups in a race for top four nevermind winning it.

It's a whole different world coming in to a league where there's competition (sorry Rangers) and a much higher quality all round and it's reasonable to be concerned about it if he hasn't done it in a major league and is 57, Ange could potentially come in and seamlessly adapt to the greater demands and if we get him I certainly hope he acclimatizes.

Given how quickly the options are being notched off I am coming round to the idea but if people aren't convinced, try not being so sensitive on the Australia front as there are legitimate reasons why it might not seem the best option on paper

It’s been mentioned a few times on here in the past.

The good old " Sky Sports News Understands" must be true then.

Some rumours are clearly just speculation. Some things there just seems too much smoke....look at Slot's comments at his press conference last week. Just doesnt seem remotely believable that we weren't interested

Maybe we spoke to his agent, who in turn was given that figure by Feyenoord? Maybe we spoke directly with Feyenoord?

I understand you want to be miserable but quit focussing on the maybes and read the quotes!

"Although I am thankful, my wish is to stay at Feyenoord and continue working on what we created last year.

"There is not - and there has not been - transfer conversation and yesterday's meeting was exclusively for an extension. All talks with the club have always been only in that sense. Looking forward to next season with Feyenoord."

What should I believe the writers that tell us "it's a done deal, be announced in next couple of days" or writers who tell us "the deals off, snubbed Spurs", it's so difficult when they are the same people or could it all be flimflam for the gullible?

Why would I not believe what Slot said? Am I supposed to trust you or Sky Sports over him?

The big question is IF it wasn’t down to money. What happened to put Slot off? The move would clearly be a good one and his comments prior to this week suggested that he didn’t want to be stuck in Netherlands for the future. So something has happened which has put him off joining us.

The big question is IF it wasn’t down to money. What happened to put Slot off? The move would clearly be a good one and his comments prior to this week suggested that he didn’t want to be stuck in Netherlands for the future. So something has happened which has put him off joining us.

From what he said, he didn’t even meet with Spurs and instead Feyenoord convinced him to stay:

"Although I am thankful, my wish is to stay at Feyenoord and continue working on what we created last year.

"There is not - and there has not been - transfer conversation and yesterday's meeting was exclusively for an extension. All talks with the club have always been only in that sense. Looking forward to next season with Feyenoord."

Completely

Then he will go elsewhere in Europe then if he does not want to be stuck in the Netherlands and only Spurs has put him off, plenty of other clubs out there? If he signs an improved extension however it might just prove that him and his agent leveraged interest in a better deal where he is?

What should I believe the writers that tell us "it's a done deal, be announced in next couple of days" or writers who tell us "the deals off, snubbed Spurs", it's so difficult when they are the same people or could it all be flimflam for the gullible?

I am amazed that is these days when news is such a hysterical place ( especially in the papers and Sky) that they are those who hang on their every word they say ( especially if it suits their posistion/stance)

Back