• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
thumb_94897_default_news_size_5.jpeg

Which completely ignores the fact that it was clear from January that Conte was off at the end of the year. Doesn't seem to have been much planning for that.

So you think if JN was number one target and was in his job at Bayern in Jan he would be easier or harder to get? Slot in the absolute business end of the season?

Its as rare as rocking horse sh1t for manager deals to be done unless its instant, the days of managers seeing out their jobs whilst being confirmed in public or private to another are way gone because no manager likes it and they are too debilitating to their current job. The only ones I remember were the bloke at Spain who was then sacked by them because it was made public he was off to Madrid and Robson who was going to PSV who was absolutely slaughtered for it.

I reckon it'll be Nagelsmann, I simply don't trust a single thing anything in the media now, more fool on me for getting sucked in to it (again) with this Slot stuff I guess.

I did like the sound of Slot though.

Know nothing about the Celtic bloke, simply the idea of "Celtic" puts me off but that's probably unfair.

The last 3 permanent managers have been gambles though - two because they were 'win now' managers yet we didnt have a squad which was ready for that, and the other because he was about 14th choice and defensive.

If we aren't prepared to pay to get a Slot, de Zerbi or someone who excites, I'd have thought we'd be better playing safe rather than taking another gamble which would point me to Potter...but I dont know a thing about Ange, just feels unusual given his background

I think De Zerbi has shown what a transformational manager can do and has also shown that Potter is quite average.

But I am open to appointing a Potter on 2 year deal and seeing how he does.

That way we can move him on next Summer when other targets are available it just means the Kane era is 100% over.

My preference is we alter our restructure plans to suit Nagelsmann and appoint him.

The issue is Slot and his staff would have cost us around £17m.

And? We spent £20m on Spence. Paying £17m for a manager and staff is a good fee to pay especially for someone that could have been a perfect fit. Instead we will appoint a cheap option as usual and it will cost us so much more in the long term. I’ve supported us for 33 years but thanks to Levy’s flimflam I feel least connection between us than ever before. I will always support us but I’m fed up of pushing cheap deals which end up costing us more than when we actually go for it. I question how much Levy knows about Whole Life Costing.

I think De Zerbi has shown what a transformational manager can do and has also shown that Potter is quite average.

But I am open to appointing a Potter on 2 year deal and seeing how he does.

That way we can move him on next Summer when other targets are available it just means the Kane era is 100% over.

My preference is we alter our restructure plans to suit Nagelsmann and appoint him.

We won’t alter our restructure plans. If we won’t even spend an extra £5m there’s no chance of us changing things for a new manager.

Oh, don't worry mate. It will 100% take longer than 12 days, and we will probably end up with Rodgers or that rando Aussie bloke from Celtic whose claim to fame is taking Australia to the World Cup (just getting them there), and...walking the Scottish league. Hooray. ;)

All that reply shows is your ignorance.

I hope you're not up for jury service anytime soon.

Nope haha so I can still have my own opinions based on little evidence. I base my Levy hatred on his time at the club and how we have only won two trophies which is one less than Emirates Marketing Project seem destined to win this season. It’s completely unacceptable. And Levy always says he wants to make things right and yet we have seen no evidence of this more we have seen evidence to the contrary.

And? We spent £20m on Spence. Paying £17m for a manager and staff is a good fee to pay especially for someone that could have been a perfect fit. Instead we will appoint a cheap option as usual and it will cost us so much more in the long term. I’ve supported us for 33 years but thanks to Levy’s flimflam I feel least connection between us than ever before. I will always support us but I’m fed up of pushing cheap deals which end up costing us more than when we actually go for it. I question how much Levy knows about Whole Life Costing.

Yep agree.

Can only be justified if you can get De Zerbi for £12m or Nagelsmann for say £8m.

I’ve supported us for 33 years but thanks to Levy’s flimflam I feel least connection between us than ever before.

I like Levy and he's done a huge amount for the club, but I've supported Spurs for a similar lenght of time to you and also like you feel less connection than ever before. This is a hugely important appointment for the club IMO

This nonsense about Slot not coming because we wouldn’t pay was brought up by @AdamB and flies in the face of what Slot himself said.

fudge me facts just do not matter anymore.

Agree completely but its a hell of a lot of money for a manager.

But it shouldn’t be seen that way when a) a manager is the most important part, and b) paying off a poor manager will end up costing a lot more in the long run. Look at how much we spent on Conte and Mourinho both of whom would likely have had significantly larger salaries than Slot would have had. And then we had both leave and I assume both had sizeable exit packages. I don’t know for Conte but I expect Mourinho did.

Back