• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

Re: Official Nabil Bentaleb Thread

going to go against the grain - he's good and has massive potential but not good enough for a top 4 chasing team. that said, would think that he's deserved a loan to a premiership club.

He might not be good enough yet compared to the players our competitors can field. The problem with sending him out on loan (or not playing him regularly) is that he's the best player in our squad for the role he plays.

Nothing to suggest he is inadequate. But if he's the real thing we should be seeing a bid by one of the top 4 soon.

By this logic how many of our players are good enough?

Going abit OTT again in this thread. This game and the Palace game last week our central midfielders were terrible in the first half and it seemed they needed a good telling off in order to do their jobs properly. If its the same against City we will be 3 or 4 down by half time.

I know he is young and still learning but lets not make him out to be this great superstar because its embarrassing the way our fans big players up and then rip right into them when they have a bad game and we all know this will happen sooner or later.

Most people are talking very highly about his potential ability, do you disagree that he seems to have massive amounts of potential?

Ripping into players for a bad game might be embarrassing, but I don't see bigging up your own young players breaking into the side as embarrassing at all. Happens with most or all teams, good luck in your fight against that, you'll probably have better luck tilting at windmills.

Nothing to suggest he is inadequate. But if he's the real thing we should be seeing a bid by one of the top 4 soon.

LOL

oookay then. i can live with this, someone saying bentaleb is not good enough and should get loaned...for no reason apparently other than in the 3 or 4 games he has played for us no bid has come in....i've got that right havent i?

at least you kept it real ;) ...didnt go around making something up, cause a lot of people do that.

i can understand if people 'just dont like someone', doesnt excite them etc

Going abit OTT again in this thread. This game and the Palace game last week our central midfielders were terrible in the first half and it seemed they needed a good telling off in order to do their jobs properly. If its the same against City we will be 3 or 4 down by half time.

I know he is young and still learning but lets not make him out to be this great superstar because its embarrassing the way our fans big players up and then rip right into them when they have a bad game and we all know this will happen sooner or later.

true this

lamela comes to mind for me

Not as outstanding today as against Palace, more of a tidy, solid-ish performance. Some delightful passes scattered into that performance though.

He might not be good enough yet compared to the players our competitors can field. The problem with sending him out on loan (or not playing him regularly) is that he's the best player in our squad for the role he plays.

By this logic how many of our players are good enough?

Most people are talking very highly about his potential ability, do you disagree that he seems to have massive amounts of potential?

Ripping into players for a bad game might be embarrassing, but I don't see bigging up your own young players breaking into the side as embarrassing at all. Happens with most or all teams, good luck in your fight against that, you'll probably have better luck tilting at windmills.

I didn't say it was embarrassing bigging up a player, i meant its embarrassing the way we rip into these players after a bad performance after bigging them up so much.

I didn't say it was embarrassing bigging up a player, i meant its embarrassing the way we rip into these players after a bad performance after bigging them up so much.

Not always the same people doing that though...

So far no ripping into has happened with Bentaleb. Unless you count saying that he's not going to be the natural heir to Pirlo and Xavi in the world of football ripping into, which it might be ;)

Question for the board: Do you think Bentaleb mirrors Wheelchair in playing style and potential abilities? I do for one..

Yes, though I also think Wheelchair is the most over-rated player in the PL, or perhaps Europe (in terms of current abilities). Both have potential given where they are at a young age however potential isn't everything - Defoe looked like he could become a world beater at 19 but then never developed as he might have done.

Decent player, has done everything we have asked of him, just needs time to develop.

Do believe he will see a little less playing time once Sandro/Paulinho are back.

LOL

oookay then. i can live with this, someone saying bentaleb is not good enough and should get loaned...for no reason apparently other than in the 3 or 4 games he has played for us no bid has come in....i've got that right havent i?

at least you kept it real ;) ...didnt go around making something up, cause a lot of people do that.

i can understand if people 'just dont like someone', doesnt excite them etc

ahh...not that i don't like him, I thought he was a revelation in the first game, but in the subsequent games I see the young inexperienced player who has a tendency to get too caught up in the attack, leaving the defence exposed.

I'm thinking the next eight games will make or break him with the likes of Emirates Marketing Project, chelsea, arseanal coming up. even everton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine are very effective in the midfield, and will be a good test. If I were the opposition I'd be tempted to attack that gap in the front of our defence behind bentaleb to draw chirches out.

midfield 3:

-----sandro/capoue
bentaleb/carroll---paulinho/dembele

not bad.

think id prefer him coming through the middle and have genuine wide/inverted wide players in the forward positions.

I don't want to go too high on this kid just yet. There are some promising signs, none moreso than his composure on the ball which is refreshing to see. He moves it quicker than Dembele, Paulinho etc. and has more purpose about him on the ball than those guys.

However in the first half of our last two games our midfield has been overran and outplayed for parts. Not down to him really but he does lack discipline when it comes to holding his position I've noticed.

No biggie tho, he's surely a talent and I have no problem with our fans being excited by him cos we've been starred of young talent coming through the doors at the Lane in my lifetime. Comparisons to that **** Wheelchair are a bit soon tho, just let him carry on doing his mojo and see where it takes him rather than put mountains of pressure on him like the goons did with Wheelchair.

I was very impressed with him yesterday, I thought he showed great composure on the ball, played some really nice precise passes, closed down opponents quickly and showed good strenght and tenacity. His positioning is not always great but that will come with experience. I am not going to start tipping him to be a world class player just yet, but I have certainly been impressed with what I've seen so far.

where does this lads current form leave Tom Carroll come the summer? i can't imagine we will be able to keep both around without stalling their development (lack of enough game time for both)

do you think maybe we'll see Bentaleb get himself a premiership loan move for a season, at a club where he will be considered first choice whilst we run the rule over Carroll for a season and see if he has what it takes? or do we think Carroll we be shipped out on loan again (surely at his age signalling the end of any real chance of establishing himself in the first team squad) or sold?

ahh...not that i don't like him, I thought he was a revelation in the first game, but in the subsequent games I see the young inexperienced player who has a tendency to get too caught up in the attack, leaving the defence exposed.

I'm thinking the next eight games will make or break him with the likes of Emirates Marketing Project, chelsea, arseanal coming up. even everton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine are very effective in the midfield, and will be a good test. If I were the opposition I'd be tempted to attack that gap in the front of our defence behind bentaleb to draw chirches out.

Hopefully we'll line up more similarly to what we did against Swansea in some of those big matches. It really is a massive ask to ask Bentaleb to not only go toe to toe with some of those big teams, but be part of a midfield 2 up against a midfield 3 against some of those teams too.

A bit too soon to talk about something making or breaking him? Surely he will suffer a dip in form sooner or later, just about every young player does. When he does we probably drop/rotate him and use some of our other midfield options, he goes back to training and returns after a bit hopefully stronger from the experience.

Although he gets his positioning wrong sometimes he did attempt 10 tackles in the Swansea game, completing 6 of them. No other player on the pitch even attempted more than 4 tackles. He shows a willingness to get stuck in, doesn't shirk from a challenge and is quick enough to close people down well. Combined with a work rate in training that Sherwood couldn't really be more complimentary about I feel very confident that he will keep adding to the defensive side of his game too.

I thought his passing was top notch again against Swansea. If anyone spots another of those "Bentaleb vs" videos for the Swansea game please share it, would be nice to see again. Looks very two footed too, stronger on his left, but at least one really well weighted one touch pass with his right that properly impressed me.

I was very impressed with him yesterday, I thought he showed great composure on the ball, played some really nice precise passes, closed down opponents quickly and showed good strenght and tenacity. His positioning is not always great but that will come with experience. I am not going to start tipping him to be a world class player just yet, but I have certainly been impressed with what I've seen so far.

He's got a good eye for a pass - played a few good forward passes that opened up Swansea's defence yesterday. Also mostly looking composed on the ball, and not at all out of his depth. Solid performance - might lack a little bit positioning wise, but for a 19 year old...very good. To imagine this kid simply came out of nowhere and now starts every game! I had never even heard his name until he was first included in the squad.

Think he'll be down the pecking order when Paulinho and Sadro returns, though.

Back