• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

flabbergasted by Dembele's sub today

cant understand AVB sometimes

yep where there are good things to say

but the are so many mistakes being made at this club, bleeding obvious mistakes. I say i like dembele good footballer but im not sure he is creating enough, read what i say in the youth and loan thread im full of positive remarks.

The is a lot wrong with the make up of the current squad and by sloggers like ade and dempsey is never going to make me think things are going well.

There is this thing where by and you see it alot in the match threads and im not saying your one that does it but some posters seem to think just blindly backing the club and not seeing any negatives makes them a better fan. Probably the same bores who start shouting at people in the ground if they are not chanting.

A lot of people onthisboard speak brick. Bt no one, not even close, comes to the utter brick you speak. It's actually quite funny. I real life do you have a reputation for speaking utter nonensene?

Dembele is one of our better players by an absolute mile!

My flabber was gasted when it happened. However, THudd done well and we ended up scoring, so in hindsight (20/20) it was ok.

yeah but had Thudd come on for Parker or Holtby then maybe we could have snatched 3 pts ;)

The problem, how I see it, is that Dembele is replacing Modric in the team - but he's not a Modric type player at all.

He's brilliant at driving past players with the ball at his feet, and does a good job tracking back and recovering lost balls, but unlike Modric he doesn't keep the ball moving and make us tick as a team. It's a shame, because I really rate Dembele, but I don't think we get the best out of him unless we get someone in to fill the void that Modric left.

A central midfield of Sandro and New Modric, with Dembele further forward, behind the striker, would be a much better way of utilising his talent, in my opinion.

Dembele's problem is he is too quiet. He'd be so much better if he demanded the ball off his teammates and then drove at the opposition.
In contrast Parker does this, but it would be way more effectively if Dembele did it.

I think some of the problem for Dembele is a our movement is not what it should be and his options are limited once he breaks by a player. He should try the occasional slide rule pass and even if it is intercepted they won't all be.

Played very well today. Bizarre substitution particularly when Holtby and Dempsey were awful

Can only imagine that he was getting exhausted. He was subbed against Fulham too, right? To take him off and leave Parker on when we need a goal seems completely ridiculous unless he's feeling an injury or severely exhausted.

Makes me rather sure that AVB is lying when he's saying we're not feeling the effects of so many games.

Can only imagine that he was getting exhausted. He was subbed against Fulham too, right? To take him off and leave Parker on when we need a goal seems completely ridiculous unless he's feeling an injury or severely exhausted.

Makes me rather sure that AVB is lying when he's saying we're not feeling the effects of so many games.

Parker looked worse!!! Strange one.

Dembele's problem is he is too quiet. He'd be so much better if he demanded the ball off his teammates and then drove at the opposition.
In contrast Parker does this, but it would be way more effectively if Dembele did it.

I agree that he should be getting himself involved more.

I would really like to see Dembele and Hudd together in the centre at some point though, like Rorschach says it's about movement and other players as well.

I agree that he should be getting himself involved more.

I would really like to see Dembele and Hudd together in the centre at some point though, like Rorschach says it's about movement and other players as well.

Funnily enough the season we actually got 4th we really kicked on and beasted our tough run in playing Thudd & Modric in the centre. You'd think that mid would get over-run but it worked really well.

Front 6 of:

...................Crouch......Defoe

Bale ............Modric......Thudd..........Lennon

I think we could line up similarly to this but with Ade for Crouch and Moussa for Modric. Parker looks tired.

Funnily enough the season we actually got 4th we really kicked on and beasted our tough run in playing Thudd & Modric in the centre. You'd think that mid would get over-run but it worked really well.

Front 6 of:

...................Crouch......Defoe

Bale ............Modric......Thudd..........Lennon

I think we could line up similarly to this but with Ade for Crouch and Moussa for Modric. Parker looks tired.

I know, I was championing the Thudd - Modric partnership up until when Modric left. Thudd and Modric with VdV ahead of them also worked really well at home to Inter in the CL as one example.

I think an in form Thudd alongside Dembele has a lot of promise, when fit Sandro picks himself though and I'm not sure we would get enough goals by having the 3 of them together in a 4-3-3 so it's difficult for me to imagine Hudd getting regular games for us again unfortunately.

Back