• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

I wouldn't class Toure as a DM personally. He is more box to box. And Lampard plays deep and makes late runs. He certainly doesn't play further forward in a number 10 role. Lampard usually sits alongside the DM which is what Dembele does alongside Sandro/Parker.

Wheelchair is better than Dembele. I hate the litte ****, but Wheelchair has the potential to be a top class midfielder.

Wheelchair has potential, but potential is not ability yet. Imo he flatters to deceive quite a lot.

I'd still disagree with Lampard Dembele. You say Lampard makes runs into the box, this is something you very rarely see Dembele doing.

I get the feeling that's just personal opinion though. Nice chatting with you.

Dembele can adapt to play alongside any other midfielder. He can sit, he can play box to box, burst forward with the ball, has the ability to chase back and win the ball. Depending on his partner, he can adjust very easily

You may be right, and that is probably also his biggest problem. He can be a jack of all trades but is a master at none. He isn't really exceptional at anything. He isn't great defensively, he doesn't create many chances, he'll never score a lot of goals from midfield. But at the same time he isn't bad at anything either. He is a slightly stronger and improved Jenas.

You may be right, and that is probably also his biggest problem. He can be a jack of all trades but is a master at none. He isn't really exceptional at anything. He isn't great defensively, he doesn't create many chances, he'll never score a lot of goals from midfield. But at the same time he isn't bad at anything either. He is a slightly stronger and improved Jenas.

i think he is much better than Jenas at nicking the ball back cleanly as well being able to go past an opponent with the drop of a shoulder and then running with the ball

jack of all trades and master of none i agree on.

its his first season at a big club, big pressure in challenging for a CL place. I think he has done amazingly well so far, more than i expected in fact. Hopefully more to come.

Redcafe have a thread on Dembele where all they do is bemoan the fact they didn't sign him, even Fergie said at the time that £15m was a bargain for him. I'm surprised they never went in for him as he's just what they need.

This! Also, people need to remember his history. He started out as forward who couldn't hit the back of net and Fulham converted him into a mid-fielder. Watch him closely when next he plays. Spursalot, provide us with his stats for direct assists, tackles and goals scored.

He has the highest tackles won % of any centre mid in the league. Modric didn't score or assist much either.

He has the highest tackles won % of any centre mid in the league. Modric didn't score or assist much either.

Him and Sandro makes us solid. Allows the front four to just concentrate on attacking, it's there that the issues we have had can be found.

There is something very special about Mousa. The way he shifts his body to ease an opponent off the ball and then evade challenges is fantastic and as he gets more settled (and shakes off the last remnants of his injury) we will have a brilliant player and I can see him start to bang in the goals too.

I do rate Dembele highly and think that he has been one of our best players this season for his all action midfield displays. However, for someone who used to be a striker and makes as many forward runs as he does, Mousa should perhaps chip in with more goals.

Looking at the 3 seasons (well just under in Mousa and Yaya' cases) each has spent playing for English clubs:
Dembele - 9 goals from 143 shots plus 9 assists over 106 games.
Modric -12 goals from 207 shots plus 13 assists over 112 games.
Yaya - 29 goals from 201 shots plus 19 assists over 121 games.

And just for comparison purposes, JJ's first 3 seasons at Spurs:
Jenas - 19 goals from 137 shots plus 15 assists over 107 games.

Meaning that Dembele does have a slightly better shot conversion rate than Luka (6.3% Vs 5.8%) but he has some to go before he can match Yaya (14.4%) or even Jenas in his prime (13.9%). Until Sandro is back, hopefully Parker will stop bombing forward so much and just let Dembele have the shots on goal.

I do rate Dembele highly and think that he has been one of our best players this season for his all action midfield displays. However, for someone who used to be a striker and makes as many forward runs as he does, Mousa should perhaps chip in with more goals.

Looking at the 3 seasons (well just under in Mousa and Yaya' cases) each has spent playing for English clubs:
Dembele - 9 goals from 143 shots plus 9 assists over 106 games.
Modric -12 goals from 207 shots plus 13 assists over 112 games.
Yaya - 29 goals from 201 shots plus 19 assists over 121 games.

And just for comparison purposes, JJ's first 3 seasons at Spurs:
Jenas - 19 goals from 137 shots plus 15 assists over 107 games.

Meaning that Dembele does have a slightly better shot conversion rate than Luka (6.3% Vs 5.8%) but he has some to go before he can match Yaya (14.4%) or even Jenas in his prime (13.9%). Until Sandro is back, hopefully Parker will stop bombing forward so much and just let Dembele have the shots on goal.

So thaaaaaaaaaaats what he did.

Clearly a very talented footballer but i feel he is a ball hog who at the moment is creating very little in the way of goal scoring opportunties, he seems to run with the ball pass 2 or 3 players and then pass it sideways to parker who will lose it.

Not sure what the answer is whether he needs a stiker infront of him who does not just stand their like a lemon or if he himself is the problem because he is not creating enough. As soon as huddlestone and carroll came on we looked so much better. I like dembele good player and with more confidence with his shooting he could become another bale, i just do not see what the rest of you are so crazy about.

come into the thread expecting someone to be talking how he carried us in the first half.. saw the post was from you, realised it was going to be flimflam, was correct.

Do you ever say anything good japanesegardenlover?

yep where there are good things to say

but the are so many mistakes being made at this club, bleeding obvious mistakes. I say i like dembele good footballer but im not sure he is creating enough, read what i say in the youth and loan thread im full of positive remarks.

The is a lot wrong with the make up of the current squad and by sloggers like ade and dempsey is never going to make me think things are going well.

There is this thing where by and you see it alot in the match threads and im not saying your one that does it but some posters seem to think just blindly backing the club and not seeing any negatives makes them a better fan. Probably the same bores who start shouting at people in the ground if they are not chanting.

come into the thread expecting someone to be talking how he carried us in the first half.. saw the post was from you, realised it was going to be flimflam, was correct.
He was the best player on the park in the first half, just controlled the game for us. His defensive contribution is vital. He holds us together when Parker goes walkies chasing after the ball or player.

I see negatives but Dembele and Ade were two of our biggest positives today, so I'm finding this strange.

Haha. Honestly needs to play further up the field imo his ability to glide past players can greatly utilized in the final third. But instead AVB will insist on dempsey.

yep where there are good things to say

but the are so many mistakes being made at this club, bleeding obvious mistakes. I say i like dembele good footballer but im not sure he is creating enough, read what i say in the youth and loan thread im full of positive remarks.

The is a lot wrong with the make up of the current squad and by sloggers like ade and dempsey is never going to make me think things are going well.

There is this thing where by and you see it alot in the match threads and im not saying your one that does it but some posters seem to think just blindly backing the club and not seeing any negatives makes them a better fan. Probably the same bores who start shouting at people in the ground if they are not chanting.

Dembele is our second best CM after Sandro. His work on the ball is quality he may lack the final pass at times but he does a lot of donkey work that you should be expecting from his partner. I think we'd see the best of him when he's paired up with someone more creative. And yes I do agree that the team itself is not up to scratch, nothing wrong with constructive criticism. Its true that the likes of Dempsey aren't good enough for a top 4 club, so we should expect better.

I could not understand the sub today. I thought he was playing great.

Dempsey was invisible for the entire game and should have got the hook. Parker too.

Back