• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

It's the fact he offers us something different in the middle, we are too predictable without him as all our other centre mids look to do is play it out wide to our wingers as none of them can create anything themselves....

Mousa Dembele Premier League starts for Tottenham Hotspur 2012-13...

P0116.png

You must have jinxed poor Dembele with these stats. We were starting to believe we could never lose when he starts for us.

Unfortunately for Dembele, he is not a 90 minute player. He always struggles late in the match. So, can understand why AVB had to replace him against Everton.

So... Any songs going around for him yet? I saw several headlines today saying stuff like 'Dembele: Don't call me Modric' and I had an idea for a song.

To the tune of 'That's not my name' by The Ting Tings

They call him Cruyff
They call him Luka
They call him Scholes
They call him Xavi

That's not his name
He's Dembele
That's not his name
He's Dembele

Players can be exchanged, I just used some that fitted into the song.

Could Dembele be our No.10?

On alot of Tottenham blogs and forums I've seen people calling for Parker to be brought in, allowing Dembele to move up to the position off of Defoe...would this actually help us unlock defences though? IMO dembele is a good, direct, purposeful passer, but as far as I've seen he doesnt seem to be a defence-splitting pass type of player...what do others think?

Re: Could Dembele be our No.10?

Not creative enough, wouldn't score enough. Dembele is a strange one I think his best position would be in a midfield 3 alongside a deep playmaker and a ball winner allowing him to roam and carry the ball forward which is something he excels in.

Dembele would be more suited to Modric for example as a number 10. But I wouldn't play him there. Just like I wouldn't have played Modric there (despite him being able to split a defence with his passing etc.)

We have Sigurdsson and Dempsey capable of playing there and Dempsey is doing a good job there. Sigurdsson is coming on leaps and bounds too. Dembele and Sandro are a fine fine central midfield pairing, lets not split them.

We have Sigurdsson and Dempsey capable of playing there and Dempsey is doing a good job there. Sigurdsson is coming on leaps and bounds too. Dembele and Sandro are a fine fine central midfield pairing, lets not split them.

I agree that Sandro and Dembele shouldnt be split, but Im not so sure about Dempsey...playing dempsey seems to be like playing another striker, which I dont think is a real answer to breaking teams down. I think we need someone who can position himself 25 yards from goal and see passes that will change the angle of attack...Sig is coming on very well, but I wonder whether he's assured enough to have that responsibility placed on him from the start.

Back